Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Closed Thread

Old 19-01-2014

Default Tamiya Tourers next Friday ...

A few if us have agreed to run tamiya tub tourers next Friday in Clubmans.

TT01's etc 13.5 max, bring it back in line and close for fun.

So far ....

Chris B
Chris G
Scott
Stuart
Charlie
Nigel

Every one else welcome

Scott
Old 19-01-2014

do you think my ta03 would qualify if i run it using my 13.5 motor and blinky mode ?
Old 19-01-2014

Location: Nottingham till I retire, then Caribbean or Palawan.

Tempting... Although, meh.. TL01 is monocoque, not a tub As for your belt driven carbon fibre car Martin... No tub there either.

Will have to carefully consider this, I am finding my Mardave rather enjoyable.

PS: Right not I am tempted to say "YOLO! I'm doing it!". But I reserve my right to change my mind without prior warning or consideration for anyone's feelings.
Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I mentioned I'm watching one on the bay,I was told the people intending to run them in this thread wouldn't be happy if I ran one as they are a TC

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 19-01-2014

I guess tubs are not important, but the idea was just to bring it closer and more fun, more about driving and less about speed and foam ...

I guess the clubman lads know when they are pushing the gentlemans agreement ;-)

Scott
Old 19-01-2014

It is hard to draw the line, right? What makes a TT01 not a TC? The fact that it is made of cheap brittle plastic? I'd say that TTs, TLs, TBs, and early TAs are touring cars, just slightly budget plastic ones.
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddus74 View Post
I guess tubs are not important, but the idea was just to bring it closer and more fun, more about driving and less about speed and foam ...
OK, now that's sounding even better No foams??? Has everyone agreed to that?

PS: I'm not giving up on the Dave, but I don't mind some tourer days like this Not that my Dave is that quick anyhow seems to be about the same as your Mini Scott.

PPS: Whilst I agree with having a tourers gentleman's agreement to keep things sensible and slower than the TC class I'd hate to see the variety go away though. Last Friday we had a home-brew Schumacher/Mardave creation that went round the track like stink. Come on, that's also nice to see!
Old 19-01-2014

i suppose i could unlock the rear diff in my ta03f drifter and run that
Old 19-01-2014

FWIW, Chris Petch's F1 didn't seem to be too quick either. He was about the same with that than his tourer.

Then again, he was running a sensible motor in the F1... unlike the tourer.
Old 19-01-2014

It was Charlie's idea really, he will run foam im sure ... Its only an idea for next week for mo.
Old 19-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Tbh the marmacher was good fun but i only used it as we couldn't get the other car running

Surly all tamiyas come with a silver can,the gearing is set so kids can run them untill the Nim goes flat,throw another battery in a off again,surly if you stick to std gearing the silvercan will last?

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 19-01-2014

Are you going to try and get the Mardave going for next week? Coz I have lipos waiting here so I should be able to finish races now.
Old 19-01-2014

I think its more the lads wanting a close race thats all, a close race between multiple car classed is great but things are running away a little in the class I feel ... How fast were the leading cars? That mardave was faster than the gt12s thats not fun in my eyes and it should have been in with the 12's.

Its all about choice I guess but going by the brief chat we had about it for the most want it sensible and fun and close .. Let the others run away with it if they like, it wil soon get boring for them im sure.

Scott
Old 19-01-2014

OK, so if it is about keeping things close then Chris' F1 and my Mardave should be OK. You overtook me with your M-chassis... a dirty, filthy, underhanded, grubby and bordering on the immoral overtaking manoeuvre. But you overtook me nonetheless

Just kidding mate, I am well aware I used my oversized bumper to do the same the previous week.

PS: We should also keep in mind the skill gap between racers, even with the exact same car some people would be running away from the rest. In off-road where all things are equal in terms of power I am often 3 laps or so below the tops guys. I'm not saying some cars aren't ballistic, just simply saying that I'll get lapped even if we are all driving totally stock TT02s.
Old 19-01-2014

Chris G made a comment that was, others are putting faster motors in now so I'm running a 10.5 ... Thats how its starts..
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
Surly all tamiyas come with a silver can,the gearing is set so kids can run them untill the Nim goes flat,throw another battery in a off again,surly if you stick to std gearing the silvercan will last?
Different cars come with different standard gearings and some will be speedy whilst others will crawl round the track like three legged tortoises.
Old 19-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddus74 View Post
Chris G made a comment that was, others are putting faster motors in now so I'm running a 10.5 ... Thats how its starts..
!!!!!!!!!!! 10.5?????? I'm sticking with the sealed can motors.

How about a rule like if you are within a certain percentage of the top TC guy you get moved to TC and score points for the TC class. And if you are running a 10.5 or foams or anything of the sort and get moved to TC then you simply score no points as you have an illegal TC.

PS: In an ideal world there would be two legal motors, one for 4WD cars and another for 2WD cars. Both cheap, let's say HPI's 15T sealed can for 4WD and HPI's 20T for 2WD. Done. If anyone hasn't got those motors the club could supply them for 7 quid a pop or so.

The silly power race needs to stop, people will get fed up and switch to another class.
Old 19-01-2014

i feel like i am being persecuted a little for running a carbon chassis and 9t motor... the fact that i dont have any ball race bearings in my car seems insignificant... i am still almost level with gui's mini down the streight but i cannot touch him through the corners.... we need to remember that this class is self governing and we should all be taking it light heartedly and sticking to the unwritten rules of making each car evenly matched on speed and cornering ability... i gave a few laps with chris' ta02 tourer yesterday and that seems much faster than my ta03 even though the motor is a whole 3 turns slower....
Old 19-01-2014

Martin, I didn't have you car in mind buddy ... Yours does seem comparable, it is self governed ... No one is being prosecuted mate, Charlie mentioned it and we thought it would be enjoyable thats all...
Old 19-01-2014

All of those sensorless motors can be utterly brutal if geared right even the 13T, its all about managing the temp. There's not a whole lot of difference with the right gearing between my 9T and my 12T. You have gearing that makes it top out quick, hence the lack of speed.
Closed Thread