Old 26-01-2014

Default Want to start nitro racing needed help

Which are would be good to start with?
Which are good engines?
What type of spares do you carry?

Sorry to ask but don't know much about this as 1/10th
Old 26-01-2014
Mad Member

It's the same question you ask if someone wanted to start 1/10, "what's your budget" also do you want new or used.

There are lots of manufactures for both engine and kits. Do you want an RTR that's built ready to go or a kit to build.

The JQ or Losi would be a good place to start with if you don't mind RTR's. They both come with engines and radio gear that's good enough to get you hooked.

If you want to build it then the two above do very good kits at a good price but the you've got the likes of:-

-Mugen Seiki , strong and very good parts availability.
-Sworkz or however it's spelt . Again a very good car and parts availability.
-X-ray, they've just brought out a new model so the XB-9 will be a good price if shops have them in stock and want to clear stock.
-kyosho! great car but a tad on the expensive side I think! but I have Hurd nothing but good things about it.

Engines, same as above, how much do you want to spend. The fastrax enduro is a good engine, for a combo with the exhaust I think your looking at around £150. The Alphas are also good engines, there combos are around £170-£200 I think. You then move on too the OS based engines like LRP,Bullitt that retail at around the £300 mark just for the engine and then a £60 exhaust. Then there REDS,NovaRossi,losi,BEAT and so on .

If your not sure and just want to dabble in it I would look for a secondhand Mugen MBX6R or 6REU, X-ray XB9 or Sworkz all 3 are good cars. Engine wise, unless you know who is selling it and ow it's been treated I would only buy new, the fastrax would be my engine of choice, or the NovaRossi P5, there meant to be very good.

I would also go to your local Nitro club to see what people use there, you will then have people around you that can help with set ups and spares .

HTH.

Ross

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 26-01-2014

Cheers for coming back to me. Have 1000 to speak. I know people will start posting on here a car for sale, but you have keen me a few more choice I didn't think about
Old 27-01-2014

Definitely agree with Ross about going to your local track, we bought before going and then found that no-one was running what we had bought so in the early days we struggled if we damaged anything as we didn't have a lot of spares. Then we changed the car to something more popular and it was much easier to share spares.
Old 28-01-2014
Mad Member

Hi Tom,
Where abouts are you? I would reccomend getting help if you are total beginner to Nitro,
For £1000 you can get an Kyosho MP9 with a Great Nova Rossi engine.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 29-01-2014

Just got a mp9
Old 30-01-2014

Good choice. Had an MP9 for the past 9 months now and I must say it is the easiest car to drive. Super smooth suspension and drive train. Yes it is expensive, but nobody ever regretted buying quality.