Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Old 27-02-2009

Default My SECOND attempt at airbrushing!

Really pleased with how this one turned out, overdid the black a bit so the mesh on the grilles didnt really show up. Would have liked to used some bigger decals too but they're hard to find! Let me know what you think

Old 27-02-2009

Looking good!

I dont think the pics really help show all the detail though, I can't tell where the silver fades to black.
Old 27-02-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

good to see you trying, I assumer you used free hand to get the blend from the black to the silver?

A couple of pointers, work on getting your line cuts nice and smooth, windows always look better with a surroung on them too.
Old 27-02-2009

Looks good mate...
Old 27-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek23k View Post
Looking good!

I dont think the pics really help show all the detail though, I can't tell where the silver fades to black.
Here's a couple of photos i took with my phone before i put the decals on, i'm not sure they're much better though?

Old 28-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
good to see you trying, I assumer you used free hand to get the blend from the black to the silver?

A couple of pointers, work on getting your line cuts nice and smooth, windows always look better with a surroung on them too.
Free hand? Well i marked a line on the outside of the shell and used that as a guide.

Unfortunately i'm not as good with a knife as i am with an airbrush! Thats a good point about the windows, i forgot that on my first shell too but i didnt matter as it was an HPI one and came with all the decals. This was just a cheap one off ebay so it didnt come with masks or decals, thats why i painted the lights myself

Thanks for the advice anyway
Old 28-02-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

I never bother with the window masks that come with shells, they take longer to put on in the right place than cutting them freehand.

Keep up the work, just try and do as much spraying as possible.
Old 28-02-2009

No it's clearer in the 2nd batch of photos, in the first I couldn't tell if it was a fade or masked off silver 2 black. I think you did a cracking job
Old 28-02-2009

Quote:
I never bother with the window masks that come with shells, they take longer to put on in the right place than cutting them freehand.

Keep up the work, just try and do as much spraying as possible.
Well i've got another two shells to paint, an HPI Evo 6 and an HPI lamborgini although i'll save the lambo til last when i've perfeced a paint scheme! I'll probably get a few more of the cheap ones to practice on anyway, its surprising what a good finish i acheived with a cheap shell!

Thanks for the encouragement guys (and constructive criticism!)
Old 28-02-2009

Send a message via ICQ to CAClark Send a message via MSN to CAClark

Quote:
God, it took me ages to get the masks on for the shell I am painting (or will be if it stops drizzling!), and even then the windscreen one is not quite the right shape... it'll do I'm sure cos the decals for the windows will cover it anyway, but still, it was a nightmare (for me anyways!)

I think this shell looks pretty good though

Cheers!