Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 20-10-2006

Default New ZX5 ??????

Found this picture on the same site as the new Ultima is showed, but i can´t read japanese...

It seems to be the well known ZX5 with red alloy parts and a new body shell, but what news is to find under the shell ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0019.jpg (46.5 KB, 472 views)

Danish 4WD champion 1989, 1997, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

www.racegallery.dk
Old 20-10-2006
Administrator

I wonder if it is a belt drive version - like the new TF5 touring car is available in belt and shaft versions.
Old 20-10-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

It looks it.. check out the front window. you can see some red alloy bling in the centre of the car
Old 26-10-2006

Hi guys,

In general, all Red Kyosho prototype are signed by Sinosuke Adachi. He likes red color therefore most of his kits are red.

Talking about a new ZX5? I will keep you update asap,.... But the WC being in Japan, we will see many things from all brands out there.

Thanks,

John at Kyosho UK
Old 27-10-2006
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
Hi guys,

In general, all Red Kyosho prototype are signed by Sinosuke Adachi. He likes red color therefore most of his kits are red.

Talking about a new ZX5? I will keep you update asap,.... But the WC being in Japan, we will see many things from all brands out there.

Thanks,

John at Kyosho UK
also its something to do with kfactory as i heard kyosho now have a major interest in this company
Old 27-10-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
also its something to do with kfactory as i heard kyosho now have a major interest in this company
Hi Bert Digler,

Kyosho has nothing in common with KFactory. KFactory is a totally different company that has no business with Kyosho in any way.

John at Kyosho UK
Old 28-10-2006
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
Hi Bert Digler,

Kyosho has nothing in common with KFactory. KFactory is a totally different company that has no business with Kyosho in any way.

John at Kyosho UK
sorry but thats wot i heard trackside rumours ay wot a cacka
Old 07-12-2006

The new body seen in some pictures for the ZX-5 will apparently be available this month.

Part #: LAB02

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/newparts.html

Old 08-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentech View Post
The new body seen in some pictures for the ZX-5 will apparently be available this month.

Part #: LAB02

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/newparts.html
http://yaggy.exblog.jp/

Old 10-12-2006

Does this body shell have kicked out sides at the rear to deflect dirt from the rear shocks? I notice there is more room under the shell to fit brushless or other 'bricky' speedos
Old 13-12-2006

hi guys.....
Just wondering when do you think the new body will be released in north america?

greetings from canada
Old 18-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shnot View Post
hi guys.....
Just wondering when do you think the new body will be released in north america?

greetings from canada
Hi guys,

LAB02 will be released Mid- January 2007. Shops in UK will get them very soon.

Thanks,
Old 05-04-2007

With funky mojo's Lazer zxs evo fresh in mind i for one would really like to see an off road version of tf-5 stallion. And there i s room for improvment of the current lazer but this is wishful thinking? I really think Kyosho should go back to beltdrive 4 wd.
Old 05-04-2007

I can't see your point there really, why should there be a belt version of the lazer?

Interested in your thought process behind that idea
Old 05-04-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4nut View Post
I can't see your point there really, why should there be a belt version of the lazer?

Interested in your thought process behind that idea
I presums its because all the previous generatoin of fast lazers were all belt driven..

Optima mid inc all variants
Lazer zx
lazer zxr etc.

I must admit, the shaft drive system with my zx5 is pretty awful to say the least... I use brushless and i dont think the plastic thay use can take the stress without quite a bit of slippage on the clutch. Even so i still need to renew the gears as they become noisy.... Same applies to the spur gear

I had many probs when the car was new - as we didnt know that we had to shim the diffs up tight etc and i chewed loads of bevel gears... A belt may be better, however i suppose theres always the associated probs with running a belt lol.

Cant win

Col.
Old 06-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinevan View Post
I presums its because all the previous generatoin of fast lazers were all belt driven..

Optima mid inc all variants
Lazer zx
lazer zxr etc.

I must admit, the shaft drive system with my zx5 is pretty awful to say the least... I use brushless and i dont think the plastic thay use can take the stress without quite a bit of slippage on the clutch. Even so i still need to renew the gears as they become noisy.... Same applies to the spur gear

I had many probs when the car was new - as we didnt know that we had to shim the diffs up tight etc and i chewed loads of bevel gears... A belt may be better, however i suppose theres always the associated probs with running a belt lol.

Cant win

Col.
no offence but the zx-5 has the best drive train going around. over 6 months drive train is still as new.

people complain when they dont shim or set the slipper too tight.
Old 06-04-2007

The zx5 drive train is good but not as good as the x10. (sure someone will bite on that)

but i have never broken a diff gear with the lazer (or the x10), i have 2 both with 4.5r brushless one a standard kit lazer and one a kmc conversion.

i have chewed a few spurs but this will always happen with an exposed spur gear and all of my spur problems have been on the standard car and caused by ickle stones.

i don't want to debate this one better than thi s. it is just interesting to see the opinions out there and to be fair its much more fashion than practical design descisions
Old 06-04-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoshoK View Post
no offence but the zx-5 has the best drive train going around. over 6 months drive train is still as new.

people complain when they dont shim or set the slipper too tight.
No offence taken. I will state though that the quality of the plastics (bevels) does seem comparable to a car of lesser racing heritage. I swear that the humble tamiya lunchbox has similar quality

I have built many 4wd cars and when i purchased my first zx5 ( i have 2) it came ready built as it was built to race by a fellow racer but he didnt like it. Knowhere did it mention to mesh the gears tight and i rebuilt it many times replacing the offending bevels. Its only when i read advice from other owners did i mesh it up tight. Other 4wds that i have run over the years never had this amount of prob that i have with my current zx-5. Even my old lazer zxr was perfect after 2 years of racing.. never replaced anything, not even a spur.
The spur gear seems to need replacing every few weeks as it seems to go noisy for no apparent reason. I did do some investigating and found that if i replace all the plastics on the gearbox housings and the clamp that hold the bearing near the slipper, it guarantees no flex in the chassis to allow the bevels to move within the gearbox. After racing indoors i noticed that i could literally push the front end inwards as the top deck flexed. I replaced the top deck for a carbon fibre one which helped but every so often i still need to renew.

Tip - I also found that if i placed an o ring (small) at both ends of the 4wd shaft, they would further mesh the gears tighter still - they would push them in tighter. A bit hard to explain but im sure you know what i mean.

I suppose i am a racer that does crash and hence experiences the problems that you read hear. A better driver might not get the probs i have.

Quick question though. I did hear rumours that the spur gear is not bang on 48dp. Its slightly oversize. This could be why im having spur gear noise issues. Im going to run a b4 spur to see how it compares. Was curious to know what the fig is though. Anyone know?

Col.
Old 06-04-2007

No offence to all ZX5 owners, but all the great Lazers of the past were belt driven and saddle pack config. The ZX5 is no way as balance as the previous Lazers and the parts used and the overall quality is not as good as the previous Lazers too. I had the ZX5 when it was first released, sold it after a month or so. I'm sorry to say that it doesnt carry on the Lazer heritage. First it is shaft driven and secondly the quality leaves much to be desired, you just need to change to many hop up parts to toughen it up, but the ZX5 has got the best suspension geometry compared to the other Lazers. The one sided battery layout makes it a very unbalanced car too, imho buggies work best with saddle pack config. ZX5 fitted with the KM RC conversion kit handles great, way better than the stock config. Adachi was last seen testing a new 4wd buggy that has got the ZX5 suspension parts but with the TF5 Stallion drivetrain..now that's gonna be a good buggy.
Old 06-04-2007

I would warn that if you put o rings in each end of the shaft you 'may' remove to much of the end float and this in itself will cause bevel gears to strip.

Gears like the lunch box..... really

Doesn't carry on the Lazer heritage....

This is my last post in this thread but if any of you can make it to one of the mid south chilterns regionals this year i will happpily let you look at my own cars as i don't seem to have these problems.