Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 07-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Spider View Post
Does anyone know if these will take hobbywing firmware?
Nope. This speedo is not compatible with HW firmware of program boxes. It is made by SkyRC in their own factory.

It's a lovely wee unit and well made. I ran mine in very heavy going outdoors a couple of months ago. The car was covered in mud and the driveshafts tangled in cut grass. What a mess! Nearly everybody else's cars were overheating and cutting out. The wee Toro just kept going. Tough wee blighter!

Jimmy

Re-started 2012. With Caster SK10
Driving Xray XB4 & Precirotate PRS1 V2 for 2014.
Hobby Pro PRS1 V2 2WD and PRSB10 4WD for 2015
Team Inside Line Racing with PR Racing buggies for 2016, 2017 & 2018.
Old 07-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by safk View Post
Think it will have to go back as sadly not enough room in my DEX210 for the ESC and the array of caps
It fits fine in my DEX210:

Old 07-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You can have the esc on one side the caps on the other and run the wires where you run the RX wires under the lipos.
That does mean you will have to solder them on the esc again

In that pic I would have probably had the esc on the other side with the wire lip pointing in towards the lipo. Or solder the motor wires at 90°

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 07-01-2014

You can run without a power cap. [just opened a can of worms!].
I run my HW type speedos without on a 7.5T. However I run really low punch and boost and have the fan fitted. If its 4wd I definitely run with as the motor is usually a 6.5t as well.

Interested in these Toro esc's though. Someone mentioned they may also be the same as the turnigy trackstar gen II. Is that the case?
Can someone let me know if you can reverse the motor direction on one of these? (Important for one of my project cars)
Also do they come with the Bluetooth link or is it an optional extra. I saw the units for around £60-70 in the uk.
Old 07-01-2014

I've just ordered the skyrc cheetah 4000kv 8.5t 60a combo and it comes with program box for £61. A friend of mine ran his k1 at Worksop with this gear in and it went perfect all day. Not getting hot at all.
Old 07-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaMight View Post
It fits fine in my DEX210:

My unit came with a 4 cap array making it twice as long as yours & hence wont fit where you have fitted yours.
I think I'll remove all the electrics & look at putting it on the other side so that the switch is easily accesible although the motor wires may then interfere with the rear body mounting.
Old 07-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
My unit came with a 4 cap array making it twice as long as yours & hence wont fit where you have fitted yours.
I think I'll remove all the electrics & look at putting it on the other side so that the switch is easily accesible although the motor wires may then interfere with the rear body mounting.
http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost...0&postcount=58

Also, the 4 cap array will go in the triangle shaped bit in front of where you have the esc. you just may need longer wires.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

[QUOTE=adon30;827771
Can someone let me know if you can reverse the motor direction on one of these? (Important for one of my project cars)
Also do they come with the Bluetooth link or is it an optional extra. I saw the units for around £60-70 in the uk.[/QUOTE]

yes i think you can reverse the direction with the program box or in pc software. no the £65-£75 ones from ebay do not come with the bluetooth module, only the pc usb interface or usb program card.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-01-2014

Quote:
Oh right, didnt realise there were different ones. You can also put the caps across the mid motor brace, assuming theres clearance with the shell, or even on top of the battery holder.
Old 07-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Have a look here at some of these installs to get a good idea.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ctronicsSetup/

The PT can always be placed on the servo

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 07-01-2014

Thanks OneKiwi,
I did consider a couple of these solutions but at the time was unsure about putting longer wires on the array which I now gather is fine to do.
I don't really want to return it as I think the seller has messed up his listing & I managed to buy the ESC & program box for the princely sum of £55 delivered which I hope will prove to be a bit of a bargain once I manage to cram the puppy in the car.
Old 07-01-2014
Super Moderator

So what is this a copy of/inspired by?

G
Old 07-01-2014

[QUOTE=safk;827648]
Quote:
Yeah you can use the program box to connect the ESC by USB to a PC, but I have found it a little temperamental, sometimes the software doesnt pick it up. Once it does, it works fine but just takes some playing. The Skylink works great so I tend to use that if I'm plugging the ESC into the PC.
Quote:

Do you need to have it connected to a LiPo too? The diagram in the program box doesn't show it connected to a battery but the diagram in the esc instructions does.
I have tried plugging into my PC without a battery connected and the switch on the esc flashes green but nothing appears on the display of the programme box.
i connected my speedo to my pc using the program box . The speedo plugs into the box using the little servo extension wire and then a micro usb from the program box to the pc. I Didnt have to have a lipo connected. The firmware is updated using the skyrc software found on this page on the software tab.

http://www.skyrc.com/index.php?route...product_id=171

when i loaded it up it was in chinese but it auto detected the speedo being connected to the computer and a pop up box came up (also in chinese). I clicked the box on the left and it started auto updating (blue bar across the bottom moves from the left to the right)

The on off button will flash v fast when its updating and then it also automatically updated the program card too to v1.07, the speedo is updated to v1.05 which apparently has better throttle response and brakes. On the software when it has finished there are some tabs along the top and if you click on the one on the furthest right it should go to a screen that tells you what firmware is on your speedo and program box. (you can also update the speedo and box from this page.)
Old 07-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
So what is this a copy of/inspired by?

G
hobbywing xerun 120A v3.1. same but without the full alloy case. looks to be similar to equivalent speed passion reventon pro also.
Old 07-01-2014
Mad Member

But it isn't a Hobbywing at the same time... the program card won't work and neither will the v3.1 software. The ESC is it's own.... and very good might I add

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 07-01-2014

I connect the program box to the pc via a USB cable (admittedly a Nokia phone one not that I think that should make ant difference?) & the display very faintly displays "USB connected to PC!" when I then connect the box to the ESC with the extra cable having ensured that the -,+ & S are connected like to like the power buttn flashes red a couple of times then green rapidly for maybe 1 second before reverting to green flashing every couple of seconds. However as soon as I connect the ESC the display on the box goes blank.
Old 07-01-2014

Quote:
I connect the program box to the pc via a USB cable (admittedly a Nokia phone one not that I think that should make ant difference?) & the display very faintly displays "USB connected to PC!" when I then connect the box to the ESC with the extra cable having ensured that the -,+ & S are connected like to like the power buttn flashes red a couple of times then green rapidly for maybe 1 second before reverting to green flashing every couple of seconds. However as soon as I connect the ESC the display on the box goes blank.
Maybe try a different usb cable just to rule that out. Also connect everything up but then connect the usb to the PC last and then switch the esc on i think. Have you got the software loaded up as well?
Old 07-01-2014

Good place to put a cap is to cable tie it to the motor wires so it sits in the air underneath
Old 07-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty View Post
Have you got the software loaded up as well?
That is a blooming good question, I have downloaded it but I can't open it as my PC keeps asking which programme to use to open it. However the first time I connected I did get a pop up telling me that the software for my new USB device was successfully installed.
It does not appear as a device in the my computer screen.
Old 07-01-2014

I think that maybe the software link is missing as now I look further in to it the only software item shown is:
SkyRC UsbV.1.07.rar
which I think may be for the programme box, it mentions on their site in the news section:
"Dear Customers,
TS 120A ESC latest software [ V1.05] is updated on our web page"
But when you follow the link it just takes you to the page that contains the .rar file.