Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 14-06-2014

Default Yokomo Works 93

I've managed to aquire (on long term loan - he won't sell) a Yokomo Works 93...at least I believe it's a 93. It's certainly pre-YZ10.

It's been sat for probably the best part of 18 years if not more, and has been slightly cannibalised over time with a number of parts missing or swapped over onto the old ProCat - which I've also got on loan. I'm hoping you can help with where I can find these parts.

I'm after:
Body shell
Front bumper
Turnbuckles
Battery clamps (want to use lipos)
Shocks (might be able to save the rears, but fronts are nowhere to be seen).

Cheers!
Old 14-06-2014
Mad Member

Pics!!!!! I think i could hook you up with a bumper repro, is it the same spacing for holes as the 94, or the works?
Bodyshell, Cobra on here, or Team Bluegroove, Shocks, i have a set of OK condition Yokomo ones.
Battery clamps, Fibrelyte, and you'll need to shave the front battery post and add lipo locators for a good job, the posts also need to be raised (washers) 3mm, I've just done this very simple conversion and it works very well!
Hope that helps buddy.

bests........lee
Old 14-06-2014
Mad Member

lee, when you get a chance can you sort out the bumper for my works 91, cheers
Old 14-06-2014
Mad Member

Brian, i think i did msg you bud, it was concerning the fact I've a lot cut for the YZ10 dimensions, that i can drill to fit the works? If that is ok, cool, i can finish you one up as i have to do a couple for a 10talk member too, i reckon i can get on that tomorrow TBH as my time is freeing up of late! I could do larger works ones at a later date, but id need to order more kydex.

bests.......lee
Old 14-06-2014

Here's a quick snap I grabbed of it the other night....I've not touched it since.

It's been some time since I had my Yoke Works (probably 1995ish I had mine) so I can't remember much about them now. I just remember they weren't a lot of good for the indoor track we used to run at Worcester as they didn't have enough lock. This one has had some Laser front end parts to try and help out that a bit.

For those that really want to see a neglected Cat....see below! I really want to get this back on the track, but I'm going to attack the Yoke first then attempt this one. This has some sentimental value too as I bought it from the same mate I've loaned it off back in about 1992/3, then sold it back to him when I went to Associated and Yoke. It's still got a good chunk MMS bits in it too, which I piled on back in those days. This one is currently looking more sorry for itself but is more complete.

Old 14-06-2014
Awesome Admin

Oooooooo you've got your work cut out there
Old 14-06-2014

Thumbs down

Never one to shy away from a challenge!
Old 15-06-2014
Awesome Admin

Let me know if you need anything for the cat I may be able to help you out. And if by chance you or your mate wants to part with anything I'll take that nice heatsink you have there.
Old 15-06-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Its got teamline kyosho front castor blocks on but know you may get lucky with 3d parts as a company listed on the Lazer Zx thread makes parts or rc10talk.com. Cant wait to see this done to new spec.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 15-06-2014
Mad Member

Some hard work and elbow grease, that will come up just fine. I do have shocks, not amazing but ok, go to JC for wheels, your using Schumacher battery straps, maybe stick with that as your missing the Yokomo posts, which aren't easy to come by, yup, be nice to see this one return to former glory, love these kind of threads!

lee
Old 15-06-2014
Mad Member

Check out my works 93 build thread. Hope it gives some inspiration.

The great pleasure about restoration is turning something battered into something spectacular.

The hunt for parts makes it more fun! The satisfaction makes it so worthwhile!

You've got the bare bones there but that's still a great start for a rare car.

Best wishes.
Old 15-06-2014

Thanks all. Yeah, I know it's picked up a couple of mods along the way, and I'm not too fussed if they stay on there or not....but obviously I'll put the parts to one side so my mate gets them all back when he wants the cars returned. The Lazer hubs being one. I'd also like to return to the Yoke battery camps over the Schuey straps too as I'm sure they'd hold Lipos better.

I may contact you about the shocks to see what we can do.....

I'll keep you all updated on here as I start work on it....it's bound to need other parts too. I'll start another thread on the Cat as and when I start work on that one.....and the heat sink is going nowhere!
Old 07-01-2015

Well, care of Peakeys thread, I've decided to finally start on stripping the Works.....and that's something it will need a lot of...WORK! I feel this will be a slow build. It might even go back together and back in the box from whence it came!
Old 07-01-2015
Awesome Admin

I still reacon you should sell it to me
Old 07-01-2015

Leave it.... 😝
Old 07-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliveyp View Post
Here's a quick snap I grabbed of it the other night....I've not touched it since.

It's been some time since I had my Yoke Works (probably 1995ish I had mine) so I can't remember much about them now. I just remember they weren't a lot of good for the indoor track we used to run at Worcester as they didn't have enough lock. This one has had some Laser front end parts to try and help out that a bit.

For those that really want to see a neglected Cat....see below! I really want to get this back on the track, but I'm going to attack the Yoke first then attempt this one. This has some sentimental value too as I bought it from the same mate I've loaned it off back in about 1992/3, then sold it back to him when I went to Associated and Yoke. It's still got a good chunk MMS bits in it too, which I piled on back in those days. This one is currently looking more sorry for itself but is more complete.

Has that Cat been at the bottom of the Thames?
Old 08-01-2015

it looks worse in the pics than it actually is, although don't let me fool you that it's not rough! It's been sat in a damp garage for close to 20 years with no cover/care at all!