Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 29-11-2012
Gypsy Member

Nothing wrong with concrete bricks paving or Tarmac these work well on off raod tracks
tyre wear happens whatever we race on (admittedly less at bury)
But a little section here or there that changes grip or the racing surface is great fun and challenging and doesn't have to be a car breaker
Again the old block paved berms were Awsome to race on
Stop being tight on tyres gav and get drifting hahaha
Rog I think with a few tweaks to the angles of take off your ramp would work ok
But some bigger better features are needed on track
And we seem to be getting a decent team together to do it
Old 29-11-2012
Mad Member

Waste of time, lets concentrate on one thing at a time. Lets build that thre way table top first. Should be the priority
Old 29-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
Waste of time, lets concentrate on one thing at a time. Lets build that thre way table top first. Should be the priority
No way Gav. Priority goes to jobs that we talked about at the AGM.

Also Fan of "Shepherd Neame"
Old 29-11-2012

What we talked about at the AGM isnt a huge amount of work, painting the rostrum just needs plenty of bods, and painting the features with lines across their tops should be very easy.

I see no reason we cant get that done before Christmas if we get enough help. Then after Christmas we can start work on the table-top.

Do we have any suitable paint for the features Roger? I think Johnny has an idea what would work, but we'd be best to test it on a small area out of the way first.
Old 29-11-2012

I'm happy to steer a paintbrush if that helps. Just let me know when

Steve
Old 29-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ironically I suspect it might help to do a slightly larger project anyway as it gets people out, and we can then use them for other jobs.
For example - its a long way for me to drive to paint a fence, but if we were having a tabletop building session and I'm there you'll soon find I'm useless with a shovel. So to get me out of the way I'll be handed a paintbrush and told to get on.......
Little jobs are the ones that tend to get left till later!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 29-11-2012
Mad Member

Tell you what you should use for highlighting the features, touch line spray that they use for football pitches. that would work a treat and be much easier to use and would look better too
Old 29-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
That why we need to restructure. Remember this track wasn't built by us, just for us. It was meant to be a lot higher but the builders won't take it above the fence - being taller it would have started earlier and had a more gentle curve. Of course there is nothing stopping us making it how it was planned.......
Can I ask whats wrong with the wooden table top? I think putting a table top in perm on the track would be like the old huge
Hump in the middle of the track which always ended up having to be used as was to big and also
Small kids couldn't see over it!! would also have thought maybe making few more smaller changes if anything and movable unless someone planing on living in a caravan to stop kids going on lol
Old 29-11-2012
Mad Member

The wooden table top isn't right, the cars bottom out when they hit it as the angles are so harsh. It's not got smooth transitions that a permanent designed one will have and also if we designed one that was three directions it makes the track open to loads of ideas for tracks.
It would be placed in front of the rostrum and the new track is so big you could easily not use it on the odd occasion if you wanted. But as it would be a three way tabletop as well, you have four different combos of use.
Old 29-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

TBH entirely honest I'm not sure we need a new table top, after all we've already got 2 corner tabletops as it is. But my understanding of Gav's suggestion is something more like the little one they have at Southport which is also a 3 way- it doesn't need to be anything like as high as our other ones.
I also see it as a 'set of doubles without a gap in between them' ie the whole plan is that good drivers will simply land on the down slope. Slower and less talented drivers will find it easier than doubles though as they can land on the top instead of crashing into the second hump!

There is a certain feeling from some members we need some new bits on the track. If thats what people want - this is the best idea I've heard as its simple, in keeping with the track and the club and really can't hurt.

If we plan the dimensions carefully if people really want Rogers mega tabletop out it should be able to fit over this!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 30-11-2012
Mad Member

Yeah like I said doesn't need to be huge, those wooden kickers give big air and they're only small. I'd say around 3 ft high would be enough
Old 30-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
Yeah like I said doesn't need to be huge, those wooden kickers give big air and they're only small. I'd say around 3 ft high would be enough
3ft high, Oh, you want it BIGGER than the wooden one then.

Old 30-11-2012
Mad Member

Bloody hell roger you grumpy sod. :-)I did say "about" plus why not? 2-3 ft isn't much
Old 30-11-2012

Default Tabletop

Yes but putting a fixed table top there would the do a few things in my view wen we already have 2 corner tabletops its would in affect be in the middle of what is normally a main straight and i think go back to the old track were that huge hump 9 times out of 10 had to be used do you not think we could maybe alter the large wooden 1 and not only save a lot of money and time then still gave money to maybe add other things .. I just think be far simpler to make the wooden one so people are happy with it little diff by changing the angels abit would only take few people and roger a day or so with bit testing it also because going back to the old track i remember wen they put the double humps on the back straight how much work was involed in somthing so small and then because some people didnt like them mainly rc10 drivers they all moaned and think spending that time and money and there proberly be no great benefit as 50% people will ether moan or not really care and get on with it... I think if angels need to be changed on older one be far easier and to be honest would be better to make a model of what is planed to see how people react to it
Old 30-11-2012

Default Table top

Also just quick point but if thinking of making the track diff and stand out bring new people why would we be copying somthing from southports track would it not be a better idea to have new ideas of our own if thats the reason we doing it
Old 30-11-2012

Last time i was there they tried to build the tabletop but when they tried it they were bashing thier chasis because they left out the strips at the bottom of the up-ramp. I dont think anybody complained at the regionals when it was great.
If the same clowns are going to build a new one out of astroturf then god help you.
Old 30-11-2012

Default table top ramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cells View Post
Last time i was there they tried to build the tabletop but when they tried it they were bashing thier chasis because they left out the strips at the bottom of the up-ramp. I dont think anybody complained at the regionals when it was great.
If the same clowns are going to build a new one out of astroturf then god help you.
think that says it all really lol
Old 30-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cells View Post
Well said Mr 4 Cells. Nice to know spectators know what's going on.

Old 01-12-2012
Mad Member

What table tops in the corners?! They're aren't jumps? Theyre just level changes, The majority of people seem to want this. And the old track the hump in the middle was fantastic. In fact the old track was fantastic.
Old 01-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6907 View Post
Also just quick point but if thinking of making the track diff and stand out bring new people why would we be copying somthing from southports track would it not be a better idea to have new ideas of our own if thats the reason we doing it
Also if you look at the drawing I posted back in the thread I don't recall southport having a three way table top do you?....