Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 07-01-2015
Mad Member

Default tekin rs pro and 1s lipo booster

Do I need to run a Lipo booster with a tekin rs pro, when the esc is in its 1s mode?

If I do, how/where does the Lipo booster get installed? I have just bought a turnigy one, but it has no instructions with it - but it looks like it would go inline between the servo and receiver? Is this correct?
Old 07-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yes you do need to run a booster with the tekin rs pro.

The turnigy one doesn't fit inline with the servo, though the connectors suggest it does.

The plug on the turnigy one goes into your receiver. I made a servo lead up with just red and black cables soldered to the +/-ve terminals of the speedo, which plugs into the booster. This allows quick removal, but keeps it neat.

It works, but not great. I found i needed to also run a capacitor in the receiver also to stop servo brownouts.

I don't run it any more as i got another speedo with a built in booster, however I did like the Tekin in 1S GT12. With an RC dynamics booster its excellent.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-01-2015
Mad Member

Cool, thanks for the info Neal.
Old 08-01-2015
Mad Member

One more question, if I may.

Does the power from the tekin to the esc need to be disabled, or dles both the booster and esc power the receiver?
Old 08-01-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

I believe you remove the red receiver wire from the ESC when running the booster. It should explain that in the booster.
Old 08-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
I believe you remove the red receiver wire from the ESC when running the booster. It should explain that in the booster.
There is no documentation with the booster. its <£3 from hobbyking.

I ran with the red wire in. but from memory it works also with it out, albeit a little slower than when in. Voltage measured was stil just over 5V.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 08-01-2015

ive a capacitor in my box if you need it for tomorrow, see you their
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk