Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 18-04-2012

Default Lenght of sensor cable for Mad Rat/rear motor?

I'm upgrading the motor that came with my rat standard kit (which does not have a sensor cable). My new electrics (nosram matrix/evolution) comes with a 5cm sensor which is too short for my rear motor setting.

Before venturing out there an buy the wrong lenght of sensor cable, what would be a good lenght for a sensor cable for a Mad rat/rear motor set up (the speedo is place towards the back of chassi)?

Also, is there any real difference between the different types or the cheapest will do fine (just bashing not racing)?
Old 18-04-2012

If you have a spare cable of any sorts, just use it as a mockup from the esc to motor using the route you want the sensor wire to go through. Then after you have the correct length worked out (at least the minimum) just measure the length from the cable you used.

I think I have something like 175mm cable on my tc02 evo.
Old 18-04-2012

an easy way is use string, run out a length from the ESC to the motor along where you want to feed the sensor wire & then measure it.. when you buy a lead, add 10mm & round it off as the string will be more flexible than wire & of course on the sensor lead you may need to bend the connectors to get them into the motor/ESC
Old 18-04-2012

200mm is perfect in ours with ESC towards the rear and sensor connection facing forward
Old 20-04-2012

after spending sometime with an old cable trying different lenghts decided to go for a 20cm sensor wire which leaves a bit of flexibility if I need it in the future. Thanks for the help and hints.