Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 30-11-2015

Default Glueing Donuts on to wheels

I'm after tips on glueing donuts onto GT12 wheels? whats the most reliable way to do it, I have seen people do it before but the foam sometimes comes away from the wheels?

All info appreciated
Old 30-11-2015

Unless you are wanting a compound not offered by the companies that do it it is easier and less hassle to buy new time you take in to consideration the time it takes,getting the foam over the wheel etc new foams all done in the packet £6 ish...
If you need to do it either contact adhesive or some use super glue
Lrp
Eds
Sworkz 35-4n
Alpha dragon
Old 30-11-2015

Not done it for a while but has worked in the past, find an aerosol lid just bigger than your wheel, wrap the wheel with double sided carpet tape, spray water onto the aerosol lid then slide your tyre on hold the lid over your wheel and slide the tyre onto the wheel. You will have time to adjust slightly before it starts to grip the foam, then true them right down
Old 30-11-2015

+1 for the double sided tape (carpet tape I think), thats how I used to do it. Easy and no sticky mess.
Old 30-11-2015

I use superglue to put donuts on

Fit donut to wheel, poke nozzle between wheel and tyre, drag nozzle round in circle squeezing glue out as you go. Take nozzle out gently.

Leave for 10 mins, then go in the other side with the nozzle. Cut the the excess off with a knife and true down.

Just keep an eye on your tyres after each run to make sure the glue is not picking away anywhere - you need to do this on new mounted tyres too as sometimes they peel up at the edges.

Has worked well for me, doesn't take too long and saves a load of money.

www.ModelCarParties.co.uk - Radio Controlled Car Racing Events - Kids Parties, Fetes, Exhibitions etc

www.ElliottsDrivingSchool.co.uk - driving lessons, trailer training, young driving experience (14+). Areas covered include - Huntingdon, Cambridge, Peterborough, Bedford and surrounding towns / villages.