Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Old 24-09-2011

Default need help on my price range for my car

if you had my setup how much would you want for it with my controller car electrics charger batteries and spares ? be honest
Old 24-09-2011
Mad Member

What is your setup?
Old 24-09-2011

it is a tamiya tt01 chasis with a 6.5t fusion exceed pro motor runing of a 4500 nimh battery with a peak charger and a hitech flash 4 pro car controler with spairs
Old 24-09-2011
Mad Member

I'm not 100% but something around £120?

You are best splitting and selling individually really or take your chances and sell as a whole on eBay.
Old 25-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Jamie, all you need is a cheap buggy and use all your own electrics, rather than selling everything and starting again. Then upgrade individual items as you go, that's what I did.

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 25-09-2011

but im having trouble finding work these couple of last weeks and i cant even afford to go out and buy a cheap buggy thats why my thoughts whent on getting rid of the tt01 i spoted a scrt10 fully brushless with 2 lipos and a balancer and controler with all boxes for 120
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hong-nor-S...item43a9e88a2d
Old 25-09-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Is the tt01 worth £60?

That's all a B4 should cost.
Or a madrat for a fraction of that and very nearly as good.

Or alternatively if you're broke then your dad was right all those weeks ago about you wasting your money!
Old 25-09-2011

no im not broke just cant afford to spend more money on the hobby atm dads bin right alot in the past but this is the best thing ive done with my life for a long while getting into a competitive state of mind but ill just keep my eye out for a cheep buggy and if rob takes the shuey this week i shall have a look at the old mission as a better setup
Old 25-09-2011
Mad Member

Don't you already have a Madrat? if so then I would just invest in some aluminium threaded shocks (effectively making it an X-Pro). The car will handle very similar to a b4.

Dave carries a decent supply of Madrat spares so you will be covered if you break anything.

Also, both Rob and Rich drive Madrats/Xpros so they will be able to give you good setup advice. I know Rich uses an Exceed 6.5T system in his so I wouldn't bother selling your LIPO/Brushless setup - it will be right at home in a buggy.

Make sure the Madrat is ballraced - if it isn't, Dave sells these for £10

In summary: sell your TT01, keep the electrics, invest the TT01 money in some decent shocks
Old 25-09-2011

thats the problem thow i wouldn't have this problem if i still had my mad-rat the gearbox completely mashed its self and i went into auto pilot and sold it and got the tamiya i think i may do you idea after all just keep my electrics to one side and sell the tamiya with the shell as a rolling chassis but before i do that if i can make it this Friday ill come down and race the last night and get as many tips as i can from people

you guys are great man your all so helpful
Old 25-09-2011

Why get the mi1 if you want a buggy, get a b4 like your being told to, the mi1 is just anuther out of date weak car. I would not tuch a schuy if you can't afford parts, drive shafts at £28 a set and ask any of the guys that run them you will brake them until your driving gets better. And why do you keep looking at 5.5t motors, not being funny but learn to drive 1s. Get a stock set up. Sorry if bit blunt but you seem to have a small budget trying to save you some cash.
Old 25-09-2011

your right i need to stop changing my mind i don't really know what i want and being a budget racer doesn't help it either i know i seem like i blab on about wanting other cars when really your already right i just need to master driving mine first what i was scared about was that the indoor season will be over soon and i wont be able to race again thats all sorry if i seem a pain in the ass im just going to keep using the tt01 until ive mastered how to drive it
Old 25-09-2011

£65 quid will get you a Mad Monkey (add another £12 for bearings)

OR (as already mentioned)

A B4 is a great car for not much money

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 25-09-2011

PS. don't bother with an Mi1, they are hideously outdated and there is so much better out there.

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 25-09-2011

Your not a pain mate, I just don't want to see you waste what money you have and then give up cos you think you have to have lots of cash, have you had a look at the minis there was a good heat of them this week, and there cheap to bye and run, you can use the cells, tx, servo and esc you have so all you need is a slower motor, and your away, there a lot of fun and would help you learn

I'm shore one of the guys that race them will tell what to get as I do beleve the mo5 was not as good as the mo4.
Old 25-09-2011

cheers mate as i said ill try to get there this week was dan there last week do you know ? and how did he do
Old 25-09-2011

Dan with the 12th? If so yes, I left after 2 runs cos I had the kids with me and it is to late to stay the full night with them.
Old 25-09-2011

yeh and know i was talking about dan smith with the tamiya buggy that normally comes with me ?
Old 25-09-2011

Sorry don't know him mate
Old 25-09-2011
Mad Member

I don't think he was there.

Its very easy to get carried away with this hobby - i know because I did the same!

My advice to a newby would be to choose a class and stick with it whilst you are learning to drive - a 2wd buggy such as a madrat/Monkey or B4is ideal since you learn an awful lot about car control whilst you only have 1 transmission to maintain.

Start with a chassis that is strong but forgiving to drive and use a modest motor (say 13.5 for touring car, 10.5 for buggy). Once you are confident and are crashing less (even the best drivers make mistakes!) then start to increase the motor speed. You can continue to use your exceed esc since this will take anything down to a 6.5t and they are pretty reliable