Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 21-04-2016

Default XB2 Dirt problem low grip conditions

Hi,

after having our first major race here in Austria, I want to spare some infos on this car to all who want to drive the Dirt in the dirt. e.g. dusty conditions, or less gip conditions.

I was the 3rd best Xray, behind my friend, who also could not reach the A-main and Hupo, who won.
In the last round my friend drove a better time than Hupo did in the A-main.
So I think we know a little about settings.

First, as we all noticed, the car lacks on traction. This is serious, especially against B5M in low grip condotions.
So shorten the rear wheelbase, even more than being able to. Dremel the hubs or the arms 1-2mm.
Next put all the weight in the rear, even use smaller gears to put the motor back and get rid of the waterfall connection to the chassis.
Then you can put your batterie back even till the motor.
Which also helps to get more flex in the rear too.

next thing, buy a carpet and use almost all hard plastics of the front.
And use the gear diff at practice, or when driving for fun, cause the ball diff is of bad design and not really long lasting.

Last thing, use harder, much harder front springs, e.g. Asso yellow, and maybe put even more weight under the batterie, e.g. 50-100gr. and use also harder springs in the rear.

Once agian, these tips are only for low grip, dusty conditions.
As the DirtE is good on med. grip almost out of the box.
Old 22-04-2016

Next thing is the droop on the rear axle.
I found 3mm longer eyelets in the xray shop. Makes much longer shocks.
Also if you wish, the Asso B5 shock shafts and pistons fit.

In the Xray forum many complain about the low rear hanger catching and braking. To solve this, only raise it 0,8mm and camferr it a little on the underside.

Last but not least try the front hexes in the rear. Makes the car 10mm narrower for additional grip.

And for all who like a flap on their wings, but have still trouble with jumps, put a 1mm spacer on the upper wing screw to flatten the wing, which is to steep imho.