Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 04-03-2010

Take a look at BMAX4. Parts are hard to get in UK but are hard to break. Start New from £165 up. They take saddles and I race one at Southport. If you wont to see how well they go Take a look at Woody's at Burys next indoor meeting.
Old 04-03-2010
oOple Advertiser

I've just sold my Durango to a mate, it wasn't because I didn't like it, the car was awesome but I wanted to try the TRF511. In recent months i've had the CAT SX, B44, Durango and now the TRF. The easiest to drive of all was the B44 (with Losi shocks), it does exactly what you want it to do. I hated the CAT but that's down to preference (we didn't suit each other). The Durango was excellent and the only problem I had was leaking diffs (i'm told if you build them right they don't leak ......... I bought the car from Griff so it's his fault they leaked LOL). I sold it to a mate who wanted one badly and got the TRF511. It's early doors yet with the Tamiya but it felt realy good first time out at the weekend so hopefully i'll keep it LOL .

If I was forced to keep one forever it would probably be the B44 because it's bullet proof and does everything you want ............ and above all that it's the cheapest by a mile to buy and to run
Old 04-03-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3012 View Post
Hi chris, i should be at formby this week, ill bring my pred x11 with me and you can have a look, possibly a drive if its running!

Thing is, people will say get this, get that but often its get this (i drive it its the best) sort of thing, all meant well though!

Feel free to ask me any questions you want to about the pred
could also check out the durango R
Old 04-03-2010

Quote by Brooksy: (I don't know of many model shops that stock spares). Also,the price of the parts is a big put-off aswell(a lot dearer than any other manufacturer).

I[COLOR="DarkOrange"] don't think the price of spares is a lot dearer than any other manufacturer, you have to remember all our products are made in the U.K so we can maintain high quality and standards. It also keeps the Pred 100% British - not something you see often nowadays.

http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk
Old 04-03-2010

Don't get me wrong,I think the pred is a brilliant car and I would have had one had parts availability been better than it is. I've spoken on here to a few of your team drivers like Tom,and i would have to say they were very helpfull with all the questions I asked but when a car has been around as long as the pred has you would expect parts to be more redily available. Forgive me if I'm wrong but this car is the best part of twenty years old now and while the car itself has improved the backup on parts is still a way behind other manufacturers!.

As regards prices of parts,a set of front wishbones for a pred is around £16+vat on your site. Td front wishbones on there site £6.13.
Old 05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksy View Post
Don't get me wrong,I think the pred is a brilliant car and I would have had one had parts availability been better than it is. I've spoken on here to a few of your team drivers like Tom,and i would have to say they were very helpfull with all the questions I asked but when a car has been around as long as the pred has you would expect parts to be more redily available. Forgive me if I'm wrong but this car is the best part of twenty years old now and while the car itself has improved the backup on parts is still a way behind other manufacturers!.

As regards prices of parts,a set of front wishbones for a pred is around £16+vat on your site. Td front wishbones on there site £6.13.
I must be missing a trick here somewhere cause front wishbones for the pred £8.50 and as stated on the site includes 2, not obvious i know but theres nowhere that it states if vat is added or not which could be misleading, but vat aside your price quote is way off
Old 05-03-2010

Slow coach,if you look carefully on the pred site you will see that the 8.50 is for the upper fronts only. Add onto that the "lower fronts" at 8 quid!. That by my adding up is 16.50.

Anyway, back to the main point on this thread. Chris, I think the best thing you could do is go to your local club,ask as many questions as you can think of and also ask if you could have a go(I'm sure most people wouldn't mine letting you have a quick try!) then make your own mind up.

That's me done on the subject now. Good luck with whatever car you choose,and most importantly,enjoy your racing!!!!
Old 05-03-2010

thats a fair point but most people will refer to front wishbones as being the lower pair so in effect you are misleading with your post, however you have corrected that by telling everyone that its now £16.50 for a full set of front wishbone upper and lower.

as for the rest spot on have a look whats running local and go from there, no substitute for input form others to help out with new cars

p.s. im not a Pred driver still looking into 4wd again for this summer not really raced it properly for years, my last outing was with my dads old cat 2000 original version (the best) but its a bit beaten up, but with a bit of tlc im sure it would be fine for my level of club racing, but i like building new kits who doesnt.
Old 05-03-2010

Default LRP

LRP S10 BLAST !!!! Yeah Babay Yeah !!!!

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "
Old 05-03-2010

Cheers for all your input guys!

Ill have a good think about what I do.

Thank you very much

Chris

XRAY
Tecnopower
AKA
AMMO Fuel
HUDY
RC Disco
Old 05-03-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.TeamXtreme View Post
It also keeps the Pred 100% British - not something you see often nowadays.
Sadly, I'm not so sure that's something to be proud of anymore
Old 06-03-2010

Of course it is John!