Send a message via MSN to ben

Who's the head ref for 2010?
Old 05-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReferee View Post
F1's marshalling are either stunning or useless, no middle ground
often dependant on how their previous run went

I'm F2, does that mean I can be middle ground now?
Old 05-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

John Cockill has offered his services
Old 05-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net View Post
often dependant on how their previous run went

I'm F2, does that mean I can be middle ground now?

Does this mean you are doing the nationals Chris?
Old 05-03-2010

Chris doughty and average not usually two words that go together!, so no you can't,
Old 05-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No 10th nationals planned for me this year, but I always keep an eye on 10th and I might have a go at one if time permits
Old 05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
John Cockill has offered his services
and i will be doing some refereeing as well.
Old 05-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
and i will be doing some refereeing as well.
Good job! I know your name is The referee, but who are you???
Old 05-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It all makes sense now!!! Cheers John, sorry CD you won't be seen at the best section in the world!!!! Dc
Old 05-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Reading this I always thought the gentleman rule happened more not less??

I remember Mr doughty jump starting an A final from tq , when the buzzer sounded he simply pulled the car straight to the infield letting the whole pack pass before rejoining the race.
personally that’s the type of gentleman’s driving I look up to and would think I applyed to both club racing and National/regional meetings.
Old 05-03-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

I think we should all have marshalling lessons of Craig Harris. As for none contract sport. Anyone who watched my final at southport knows it isnt none contact lol. I try to be a gentleman ill let anyone passed in finals if i feel that i overtook them unfairly aka crahing into them. But i do admit i like to give people a nudge under breaking every now and again to make them run wide

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 05-03-2010

Quote:
Chris thanks for the questions.

first one. if you crash and end up on a different part of the track or by mistake a marshall places you there then you will do the following, (1). attempt to rejoin the track where you left. this is not always possible depending on track markings, impeding other cars on the rejoin etc. So if you cannot do (1) then (2) wait keeping clear of the racing line, allow all the cars that were in front of you to pass and then impose a delay on yourself to account for your crash, then carry on. if i as the referee see the incident and have time i will call the wait and tell you to go, should you go earlier than i think then i will give you a "stop go penalty" to account for any advantage i believe you have made.

the common problems i have seen is the racer realises that he will lose more time by rejoining than if he waits, however if I believe that it is possible to rejoin where leaving then again a penalty will be issued to account for that "gain".
another issue is that if he was two car lengths behind a car then he should rejoin the same distance behind it. however in reality had he crashed and not left the track he would have restarted considerably further back than two car lengths, which is where the self imposed delay comes.

another issue, you are hit by another car causing you to crash, so you rejoin but do not wait because you believe the crash was not your fault and so you attempt to carry on in the same position. however it doesn't matter how the crash was caused, you take the delay or risk the penalty. i might not have seen the original incident but see you driving off so you get a penalty, i may well have seen the original incident which caused your crash and i might be lenient in how much time i give you to restart, as long as you make an attempt to impose a delay then i might let you go.

Thank you Mr The Referee I hope that every one on opple reads your postings and trys the best they can to do the above, be at club level up to top level, and it will help eveyone including myself become better drivers and have fun days.

LEE-HO
Old 05-03-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
I think we should all have marshalling lessons of Craig Harris. As for none contract sport. Anyone who watched my final at southport knows it isnt none contact lol. I try to be a gentleman ill let anyone passed in finals if i feel that i overtook them unfairly aka crahing into them. But i do admit i like to give people a nudge under breaking every now and again to make them run wide

A
id never put someone to the weeds but if someone does try keep the throttle on it tends to make the victim the victor
Old 05-03-2010

I dont mean proper run into them I mean if you following closely just give them a tiny bit of a tap to make just enough room for you to squeeze past

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 05-03-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
I dont mean proper run into them I mean if you following closely just give them a tiny bit of a tap to make just enough room for you to squeeze past

A

Then I bet you wouldn't mind me just giving you the tiniest nudge off the rostrum...

Nothing against a bit of a wheel rub if people muscle past on the inside as long as you don't just get T-boned but a shunt up the backside is bad, even more so if it is intentional.
Old 05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow.2 View Post
Then I bet you wouldn't mind me just giving you the tiniest nudge off the rostrum...

Nothing against a bit of a wheel rub if people muscle past on the inside as long as you don't just get T-boned but a shunt up the backside is bad, even more so if it is intentional.

Totally agree here, thats awfull to do that. if you feel you need to do that tho to pass people????

I think we should stamp stuff out like this from club level up.

XRAY
Tecnopower
AKA
AMMO Fuel
HUDY
RC Disco
Old 06-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:

A
Sorry Ash, but I have to disagree with that
Old 06-03-2010

Quote:

A
Ash
actually its quite refreshing for someone to admit that a quick nudge is used as an attempt to pass. i know it is, i know its deliberate and not the "sorry he braked early/i braked late" or various other lame excuses, that said if it was a final and i saw a "tap" then you will get a warning, if the tap leads to you overtaking i will ask you to give the position back, if the tap leads to a crash i will give you a penalty. in qualifying it is slightly different, the biggest issue i have to deal with is people complaining that the car in front was slower but wouldn't let me pass, now in some circumstances thats is rubbish but in some it is true, i cannot tell you to let a car pass, i can only inform the drivers of the current positions, if i call the order and a car which is slower decides to hold up a car who is in front on the clock and there was a "tap", i will admit i might not "see" the alledge tap.
Old 06-03-2010

Its gental persuation I DONT do it often. Mainly a club when im following a slower car and dont want to risk a high speed overtake down the straight if i know there a straight swerver.. ( someone that zigzag's down the straight) Just push them a little wide and your past knowone hurt

A