Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 15-09-2011

Default practise

Talking to a few last night, and the few thought it may be a good idea to post a thread, reference practise!

Is it me or has practise got out of hand people out for mega time all abilities trying to get round BREAKAGES.
thought 1
prebook for nights meeting pay on night as normal forget practise and start 19:15 with 4 rounds with still your best 2 to count, if your not there for rd1 then you are out there with people of the same level.
thought 2
graded practise times top heat 10 min and so on not really to keen on this personally.

at the moment practise for me over the last 3 weeks has been a waist of time and also my lad does not go out to practise due to the mess it would cause, there is two examples i need setup time he needs practise and neither are getting with the current setup.

thoughts
Old 15-09-2011
Mad Member

did i not mention a practice session a couple of weeks ago! as for getting out of hand the only reason it ends up busy on the track is because by the time everybody turns up gets charged most drivers end up flowing on to the track at the same time and our batts last 20 odd mins

we could start earlier and have more racing on track i would prefer that.

4 rounds of qualfying for next weeks grid spot would not be good IMO 3Q and a 1 final would again make the racing closer for the finals and cleaner for the qulifying and give a sence of achivment at the end of the eve and less frustrated drivers as again the abilitys would be more even.

this is just my opinion i dont think practice is an issue.
simple dont go on the race track when there is 30 cars out there arrive earlier get the track set out and practise problem solved thats what i do.

stu
Old 16-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Or dont go on track when Dixon is about! lol

Only joking mate!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 16-09-2011
Mad Member

If drivers wish to arrive earlier and help set the track up then who knows what may be achievable.

As it stands - most weeks Alan is there early doors pulling the ropes etc up on his own. What is frustrating is when you're trying to lay the track and drivers are hovering wth the cars waiting to start. If they lent a hand we'd all be started (and finished) sooner.

After all - we are all only volunteers............
Old 16-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
If drivers wish to arrive earlier and help set the track up then who knows what may be achievable.

As it stands - most weeks Alan is there early doors pulling the ropes etc up on his own. What is frustrating is when you're trying to lay the track and drivers are hovering wth the cars waiting to start. If they lent a hand we'd all be started (and finished) sooner.

After all - we are all only volunteers............
i agree dave the likes of me chris dave james and alan are there laying the track out.

if we started earlier drivers would get there earlier and if they dont they will miss practice like i said not sure what the problem is.
Old 16-09-2011

I know what the problem is!

no i do not mean a PRACTISE night just a normal nights practise

some people can no longer get to racing early due to work, so when i arrive about 18:45 ish practise has been going for how long? so from that time to end of practise if im late why is the track full and most of the time the same drivers out there.

many moan about it but no one says anything.

it looks like it's only me so i will shut up as the future chairman has spoke
Old 16-09-2011
Mad Member

thats because most people turn up at 6.30 with batts charged and go straight out on track which is why the same drivers are out there the track is usaly built by 6 we could start racing at 7:00/7.15. maybe we could ask the club members what they think as it is the members club.

I would like earlier start 7.15
3 Qalifiers
1 final race

dave, neil what about you guys and any body else.

stu
Old 16-09-2011

Default Early start

For what's its worth, starting earlier would be no good for Ross and myself. We struggle to get there as it is, some weeks I'm lucky to get a couple of laps practise in.. And trust me I need to practise.

Haven't got an answer for practise, but with the club being so popular and with so many mixed ability drivers is certainly going to be interesting..

Old but still enjoying myself.
Old 16-09-2011
Mad Member

I don't normally worry practicing.

It's taken 25 years of concerted effort, time and money to achieve my level of crapness.

I don't really need a few extra laps each Wednesday to prove to everybody how crap I am.
Old 17-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
I don't normally worry practicing.

It's taken 25 years of concerted effort, time and money to achieve my level of crapness.

I don't really need a few extra laps each Wednesday to prove to everybody how crap I am.

Old 17-09-2011

I would prefer 4 runs with 2 to count. Not bothers about final more work for John.

If you get late and miss practice, you will now be late and miss first round, so not really much different.

Just less carnage and more racing in a heat of your ability. and if you need to get away early yo could do you 2 runs and be gone by 830.
Old 17-09-2011

finally someone that is on the same wavelength
well said James