Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 10-05-2010
Mad Member

Default BRCA SE 2WD Regional Championship RD1 - Sunday 16 May - Plough Raceway

As the title says, Round 1 (of 4) of the 2010 SE 2WD Regional Off-road Championships. As per usual there will also be an Open class to cater for drivers from outside the SE Region and those wishing to run a 4WD around. There will also be provision for Round 1 of the 'unofficial' SE Regional SCT & Stadium Truck Championship for 2WD (ONLY!) electric trucks, more details here: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...t=41755&page=2

To be held at Plough Raceway off-road facility on Sunday 16 May 2010.

Track WILL NOT open until approx. 08:30 for practice so please DO NOT arrive too early! The track is on private land at the rear of The Plough Inn, Leigh who we do not want upset by excessive early noise, thank you!

See you all there, don't forget FREE entry for ALL Juniors, U13's and U16's, trophies for at least the top three in both Junior age groups.

Oh and don't forget your BRCA Membership details please, Membership application forms will be available for non-members to join on the day!

The Plough is a delightful, 16th-century country pub, which enjoys a quiet location set back from the main road, yet within easy reach of the main transport links. The quaint building is of a traditional, local style with very ornate, original window-panes. There is a well-maintained, private garden outside which is great for al fresco drinking and eating in the summer!!

Address: Leigh Road, Hildenborough, Nr. Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9AJ

Located directly on the B245, just a couple of miles northwest of the centre of Tonbridge

How to find the Plough pub: - If you are coming from Tonbridge, head for Hildenborough (B245). You will see Leigh & Penshurst signposted on the left hand side opposite the Flying Dutchman pub. Take this left turn (once on this road DO NOT take the first right signpost for Leigh), keep going straight ahead. Under railway bridge the road will narrow but keep going. The road can be a bit narrow and windy. There is a sharp bend to the right with another lane going straight signposted for the Powder Mills - follow the road to the right and shortly after this the Plough. The car park entrance is just before the pub.
If you're coming from north of Sevenoaks along A21, take exit off A21 for Sevenoaks and Hildenborough and head for Hildenborough (B245). You will eventually (about 2 or 3 miles down that road) see the Flying Dutchman on the left with a road off to the right signposted Leigh/Penshurst. NOTE: There is a road to the right before this one which is signposted for Leigh and Penshurst but please make sure you keep going until you see the Flying Dutchman
Old 10-05-2010

Yay! See you on Sunday! Should be ok weather wise - a tad drier than the last 4wd round!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2010

Plough raceway is looking good chaps and chapesses!! ive been up at the track at the weekend with Steve putting the final touches into place. I wish we had a video camera, we could have made a Benny Hill stylee 2 hour film of us trying to put a wire for the loop through a hose pipe!!! (it took miles of strimmer cable, some fence wire, gaffer tape and a step ladder do it).

Steve would like to thank in advance Faversham Off Road Car Club for kindly lending PR their transponders, computer and equipment, also for running the AMB side of things on the day...CHEERS CHAPS!!!!

We have also been in discussions with regards to putting in a vegetable patch in the corner of the car park to keep the rabbits off the track.....this may have to wait for a few months yet though!!

Anyway enough of my waffle, hope to see you all there, cross fingers for the weather and i cant wait to run the SC10!!!! whooopie!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I will be there!!!
Old 11-05-2010
Woop Woop Member

would love to be there but unfortunatly it clashes with the euros warm up which im already pre booked at. see you all at the next one tho

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 11-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Well looks like my coughs got a lot worse from Friday and ive got an infection in my right lung, so im on pills for at least a week. This week should be fun.
Old 11-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Im not there, Im racing at Brands GP ! Woo Hoo

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 13-05-2010

Speaking to a few guys last night at FORCC, alot of you seem to be up for this weekend which is great! should be a good turn out. I did also see a truck here and there in the pit area....hopefully we'll have enough to run the planned truck heat! i have to say i cant wait for that one!
Old 13-05-2010

[QUOTE=I did also see a truck here and there in the pit area....hopefully we'll have enough to run the planned truck heat! i have to say i cant wait for that one![/QUOTE]
Since I'll be running a truck and I may have a small influence on the heats , I can pretty much guarantee there will be a heat of trucks Don't forget that you can race in more that one class on the day so if you have a 2WD truck gathering dust, why not bring it with you for a spot of fun

Old 13-05-2010

I'll be there with the RC10 and the Slash...
Cheers,
Ty
Old 13-05-2010

and i will be there with my xxxcr and xxxt hopefully
(> <)
This is harold. Help Harold spread happyness by posting him to your sig.
Old 15-05-2010

OOOooo early weather forcast says sunny in the morning with possible light showers in the afternoon, could make for interesting finals!
Old 15-05-2010

hehe, retro is the only way to go lads, ive got a stadium blitzer getting an airing for the truck class
Old 16-05-2010

Get days racing, big thanks to Steve and Martin for the good track layout, and for Faversham for running the meeting. See you at EPR next week!
Old 16-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ditto for me, many thanks to all involved in the running of this meeting!!!
Old 16-05-2010

Good fun -thanks everyone!

I'm exhausted though: running 2 classes with only 6 heats is pretty demanding!

Cheers,
Ty
Old 16-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I must say congrats to the winners, Andy Langdon and Steve Brooke!!!
Andy was the fastest all day, and Steve TQ'ed and made hard work of leg 1 and 2 from the start, but got the job done!!!
A special thanks to Chris Brooke for your sportsman like attitude!!! Very much appreciated
Old 16-05-2010

Great Days racing.. Big Thanks to all involved in making it happen..

Old but still enjoying myself.
Old 16-05-2010

Thanks everyone for a great days racing....

Really enjoyed my first time out with my sc10

There was some interest in the 17mm hex adapters i was using, i got them direct from ST Racing.

http://www.teamstrc.com/ebproductdet...inid=41&id=457

they do not currently have a UK distributor, but online ordering was painless.

I was running schumacher silver mini spikes and although i have no other experience with which to compare, they seemed to grip well.

My other essential hop up can be found here.....

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/product...s/7069Revo.htm

Looking forward to the next round
Old 16-05-2010

Great days racing really enjoyed the track I do love the grass great job done by Steve hope more meetings will be arranged soon.