Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 10-11-2011

Default FORCC Winter Series Round 2 (13/11/11)

We had a great turnout at Round 1. Can we do even better at Round 2?

Old 10-11-2011
Mad Member

Won't be there I'm afraid. Got the kids.
Old 10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Won't be there I'm afraid. Got the kids.
Tracy is coming.....rumor has it there will be cake!
Old 10-11-2011
Mad Member

You can have mine Martin
Old 10-11-2011

lol, cheers Dave, im gonna start to look like a cup cake soon!
Old 10-11-2011

Excellent Martin.. cakes!!! looking forward to seeing some swollen ankles as well lol..

I can't wait for Sunday as the last winter series meeting was great fun..

See you all there,

Scott..
Old 11-11-2011

schuy minipin sc tyres now avaliable if anyone needs em.
Old 12-11-2011

Just another Saturday night...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 182.jpg (243.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 183.jpg (247.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 186.jpg (255.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 187.jpg (269.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 188.jpg (245.1 KB, 25 views)

Old 13-11-2011

looking good guys bring in 8am lol
Old 13-11-2011

Results updated

www.forcc.co.uk

We're interested in getting feedback on the netscreen and web browser clients for the race software. Was it reliable, useful and something you feel is a worth investing in? (It's not cheap!). There were issues with 2 Vista machines connecting to the wireless network and I'm looking into that.

Far more important than that though was the return of the Cake Fairy. Thank you Tracy

Old 13-11-2011

Big thanks to all at FORCC for putting on a great days racing.

Had a great time, well in qualifying anyway, least said about the finals the better, I can only apologise to my fellow racers in the B Final. I drove like a complete plonker in the first to legs. In my defence Ross must have sabotaged my car, because it was alright when he drove it

I've a video up on YouTube of one of under 19's a Finals. http://youtu.be/WCZlzXA_QNI

Old but still enjoying myself.
Old 13-11-2011

Default Baja 5sc

Ed's Baja

http://youtu.be/mnNBNrC52sE/

Old but still enjoying myself.
Old 13-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Another ace vid Gordon

Track looked superb! Can we have it on Wednesday! lol

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 13-11-2011

Track was really good so a big thank you to everyone involved in building it. I had another good day..

Cakes were awesome as usual, Thanks Tracy..

The computer system was really good, with screens all over and race control was noticeably better, especially the new commentator for the B Final. (not an easy job, lol) but thanks for letting me have a go. All in all it was a really well run meeting and can't wait for the next one, big thumbs up to all @ FORCC..

Scott..

ps. just seen the video Gordon and it's amazing!! Lots of me running about lol..

Last edited by frobes2; 13-11-2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: added a ps..
Old 14-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Good to see you running about Scott, work off all that Cake mate!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 14-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Headling View Post
Good to see you running about Scott, work off all that Cake mate!
Thanks mate, at least someone cares about me.. I couldn't catch Mr. Fuggle in any of the finals but had a good day of racing, thanks again to Ed for the loan of his hybrid SC and some of the electrics as well as James for the use of his welding skills in re-fitting the necessary electrical upgrades needed to power the thing lol..

See you Wednesday evening for more of the same..

Scott..
Old 14-11-2011

What a great meeting me thinks, over 50 drivers again which is a great turnout for our little old club and what a great turn out from our younger members in the club as we had 3 heats of drivers under the age of 19 now how many clubs can boast that one and something we are very proud of at FORCC,

Theres a few thanks i must say, first to my fellow volunteers who came up to the hall with me on saturday and spent over 4 hours building the new ramps and laying out a great track.

Next to race control ie Jon and Jodie, they spent the whole day between them at the computer making sure the day run super smooth which meant we all got 7 five minute races and still finished before 5pm, now thats what you get when you run to the clock. Must say what a great system Jon has in place regards people being able to follow the races as they happen on there mobiles and laptops, no need to rely on printouts so much,

Must say thanks to Scott for covering b final for me on the mic, think you may be doing a lot more of that in the next round as you our a natural,

And last but not least the cake fairy, thank you so mush for those great cakes you brought up for us Tracey, they where fantastic and may i say you really are starting to blossom now young lady.

Hope to see you all on wendesday,
kind regards Alan.
Old 17-11-2011
Mad Member

hi chaps

is there any reason why round two of the winter series heat listing wasn't done in championship order

One other point how come the race format wasn't changed to round by round after the oil went down.

The Small Print…

This Winter Series will more closely follow the format of the Regional Championships rather than a Wednesday night club meeting. Since there are prizes and/or trophies up for grabs, we need a few rules to make things as fair as possible for everyone:

• 27 turn brushed / 13.5 turn brushless motor limit.
  • There will be 4 rounds of qualifying heats and up to 3 legs for each final.
  • Qualifying will be FTQ based unless we get oil dumped on the track in which case we will revert to round by round.
  • The heats will have staggered starts based on your car number for round 1 followed by overall FTQ positions for rounds 2,3 and 4.
  • The grid for the Finals will be based on your car number as determined by the overall qualifying results and does not change.
  • The computer may be set to run on automatic at the discretion of Race Control. We may not have the time to allow drivers to be late to the grid. You will be responsible for getting to the grid on time for your race.
  • Equally we can not afford to be waiting for Marshalls. We will be operating ‘Relief Marshalling’. That means you stay on your Marshall point until you are relieved by the next Marshall. If the next Marshall doesn’t show, you will have to marshal the next heat. Failure to marshal will incur penalties.
  • Any queries or protests over qualifying race results must be registered with Race Control within 10 minutes of the last qualifying heat of Round 4 finishing.
  • Any queries or protests over Final race results must be registered with Race Control before the club vacates the hall on the day of the meeting.
  • Driving standards will be monitored during the event and penalties may be issued at the discretion of Race Control.
  • On some dates we may be sharing the hall with other groups. On these dates we will have restricted pitting space but we will have shared access to the kitchen facilities for anyone wishing to use them.
  • Championship points will be awarded from 100 points down to 0 for the overall positions from Finals + 1 point awarded for FTQ. Your best 4 out of 6 results will count towards your overall championship position.
  • In order to be eligible for any prizes or trophies being awarded, you must complete and score points in 4 of the 6 race meetings.
  • Finals will be capped at 8 drivers with the exception of the lowest final which may contain up to 10 drivers.
  • The 17:30 hall vacation time is non-negotiable since another group hires the hall on Sunday evenings. Some or all of the finals will be reduced to 2 legs if there is a risk of us not meeting this deadline.
  • Pit areas are to be left clean and tidy at the end of the meeting with tables and chairs returned to their storage areas. Again, this is due to the hall being hired by another group after we’ve finished.
  • Race Control reserves the right to amend the rules, meeting format and championships at any time.
  • Race Control’s decision is final in all matters relating to the race meetings and the championships.
This is not a critisum and i apriciate this needed to be raised at the meeting its purely information for the individuals that use this forum

it was a great days racing and well done to all winners and competitors and the track builders cheers guy

stu

Old 17-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
hi chaps
is there any reason why round two of the winter series heat listing wasn't done in championship order
It was bar splitting the top 4 drivers accross the top 2 heats (as they were at the previous meeting). This was done to stop you 4 tripping over each other in qualifying. If this isn't something you want for the next round then we won't do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
hi chaps
One other point how come the race format wasn't changed to round by round after the oil went down.
The oil was on 1 corner and not the whole track. Collectivly as a club we are pretty good at the whole 'Oil on the track' thing now and the damage was minimal. We looked at the results of the races that followed and decided that enough people had gone faster to justify staying with FTQ. Ed had his fastest run in round 4 and was only 1 second off TQ.

We're quite happy to answer queries on the day. Far better to do that than to let something bug you for days after the event

Regards,
Jon.

Old 17-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Spider View Post
It was bar splitting the top 4 drivers accross the top 2 heats (as they were at the previous meeting). This was done to stop you 4 tripping over each other in qualifying. If this isn't something you want for the next round then we won't do it again.

The oil was on 1 corner and not the whole track. Collectivly as a club we are pretty good at the whole 'Oil on the track' thing now and the damage was minimal. We looked at the results of the races that followed and decided that enough people had gone faster to justify staying with FTQ. Ed had his fastest run in round 4 and was only 1 second off TQ.

We're quite happy to answer queries on the day. Far better to do that than to let something bug you for days after the event

Regards,
Jon.
hey jon

to be fair it wasn't until mark mentioned the 13.5 rule in the other thread i noticed it and it didn't affect the result too much.

as for the championship all other years have been done by championship order after round one and again it didn't effect the results too much, i think if the slower cars had caused some carnage then it may have been brought up on the day.

the meeting was superb and run fautlesly and credit to go out to you lot.

thanks again

stu