Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 05-02-2012

Default Payment " gift payment "

Hi all guys :

What is Paypal 's gift payment ???

I learned from many websites and threads that it is a kind of new scam tool , But the pity thing is i completely donn't know what the so called gift payment is ?

Can anyone tell me this and also point out how to avoid such scam ??

Thank you

www.rccut.com

CNC Cut Service , Custom Parts Cut

TOP quality !!! Good Price !!!
Old 05-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

When you use the Gift option to send payment the seller gets 100% of the money with no fee,s deducted. Great for him but by using gift you have no paypal protection if things go wrong. If you dont get the item, its broken or not as described then you have lost your money as Gift means just that Gift.
You have not made a payment for goods so have lost all rights to any refunds.
You have to be a fool to send large amounts of money as gift and here,s ooples biggest fool for example
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76209
Old 05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodgit View Post
When you use the Gift option to send payment the seller gets 100% of the money with no fee,s deducted. Great for him but by using gift you have no paypal protection if things go wrong. If you dont get the item, its broken or not as described then you have lost your money as Gift means just that Gift.
You have not made a payment for goods so have lost all rights to any refunds.
You have to be a fool to send large amounts of money as gift and here,s a fool for example
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76209
Thank you for explaining !

In this way if i am a buyer , I would prefer to pay the sellers some a little more Money for compensation as the fees , And therefore the seller can receive the actual amount that he deserves , And meanwhile as a buyer , I can get myself fully protected !

Right

www.rccut.com

Old 05-02-2012

Bodgit, that was a great read and after reading the whole lot I can say that paying the fees is a great idea in high value cases if you dont know the person,

Sellers should always post pictures (it should be a rule and adds without pics should be removed)

The fees can be easily worked out either by doing it yourself or by using the fees calculator at the top of the sales pages.(Its a sticky)

Personally when buying anything high valued like this I like to be picking it up in person, but sometimes its not always possible so check the pics at least first.
Old 05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by U1timate PigDog View Post
Bodgit, that was a great read and after reading the whole lot I can say that paying the fees is a great idea in high value cases if you dont know the person,

Sellers should always post pictures (it should be a rule and adds without pics should be removed)

The fees can be easily worked out either by doing it yourself or by using the fees calculator at the top of the sales pages.(Its a sticky)

Personally when buying anything high valued like this I like to be picking it up in person, but sometimes its not always possible so check the pics at least first.

By now do you guys think if there is anything better online payment than Paypal ?

I know many people pay by Credit card , But some payees are received of out of deadline credit card .

www.rccut.com

Old 05-02-2012
Mad Member

If there is another alternative to PayPal, then please post details. As it sits, PayPal is a well-run service that does exactly what it says on the tin, and doesn't seem to have any competition. In those circumstances, you pay what they charge for their service or don't use it - it's called a capitalist economy!

I use PayPal gift with people I know very well and have met personally, and accept the additional charge to me as part of the purchase price. For those I don't know well, or can't check on easily, I use normal service and add the fees to my payment. HTH
Old 05-02-2012

http://www.nochex.com/

This was around about the same time Paypal started out and was more popular in the UK before ebay bought out Paypal then the whole world forgot about everything else and started only using Paypal.
Old 06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
If there is another alternative to PayPal, then please post details. As it sits, PayPal is a well-run service that does exactly what it says on the tin, and doesn't seem to have any competition. In those circumstances, you pay what they charge for their service or don't use it - it's called a capitalist economy!

I use PayPal gift with people I know very well and have met personally, and accept the additional charge to me as part of the purchase price. For those I don't know well, or can't check on easily, I use normal service and add the fees to my payment. HTH

I think Paypal plays an Monopoly / Exclusive rule in online Pay service , He make fee standard by himself ! , And you know it is not easy to earn $50 in small order , But his charge is already $50 .

The reason that people using Paypal is not because of Ebay , But because of his Money protection service ! , Which is quite good to the buyers , And now it is a consumer world , So Paypal becomes polular .

I have to say : Paypal is very prefessional in understanding the world !

www.rccut.com