Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > S-Workz

Old 08-04-2014

Default Base setup for Stotfold?

I'm due to race at Stotfold in the oOple series at the end of the month but have never been there before, don't know how much grip there is or how bumpy etc. Has anyone here got any experience/setups using an S104 at the track. I'll be using the standard saddle layout with 85g behind the batteries, until I get my performance kit fitted.
Cheers,
Col.
Old 08-04-2014

Just start with what you run now.
Copying setups can make things a whole lot more confusing that they need to be. What works for one wont for another.

No better example than the fact you run saddles, plus 85g of weight, and id guess orange or pink springs on rear. I run shorty, with no weight, and pink or red rear springs.

tinkering is the way forward lol

unless the grip level is vastly different from where you normally run I wouldn't bother making any adjustments until you have tried it. I tend to run the same setup at 4 or 5 different tracks, with no more than 2 very minor tweaks. The car seems to adapt to different surfaces without too much in the way of changes
Old 08-04-2014

Cheers Steve, all I've run on so far is slippy wood/carpet mix, and one meeting at Worksop, again indoors. We don't have the luxury of any astro tracks up here and no club since October to even experiment on carpet for high grip setups.
P.S. you're right about the pink rear springs by the way..........haha.

Col.
Old 08-04-2014

Hi I don't run the same car as you but the stotfold track is very high grip you can run really worn tyers and still have enough grip it is also a little bumpy in places but its a good track. It has a lot of off camber and hilly sections withy a wall of death.
but just race your current set up but word of advice don't use new tyers
its not needed and you wont get round you will just grip roll??
tyers its ballistic buggy or the usual Schumacher mini spikes but I have run dboots to with great effect.
Hope this helps a little

See you at the ooose
Old 08-04-2014

Cheers Big Baza, good to know. I've got some worn tyres I was going to change off the rims, so I'll not bother now. Wall of death sounds like an interesting feature....cant wait. Thanks for the info, see you there.

Col.