Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > DMS Model Car Club - Watford

Old 03-12-2016

Default 2wd

Been unable to attend for ages but been keeping an eye on the results....

Weapon of choice appears to be either a 3.0 or b6.

Are these 3.0s with a laydown kit?

Straight up b6 or b6d with laydown transmission?

Cheers.

Jim
Gaffer Tape
Old 03-12-2016
Mad Member

Jim,

Both cars are pretty good, with the tlr you get a conversion so basically have mid and laydown. The b6 can be changed over, but does require a few bits. Youwouldnt go wrong with either TBH.
Old 04-01-2017

Default 2wd buggy

For what it's worth I run at dms and run both a b6 and b6d although just tend to stay with the b6 for there, if I'm honest either would be a good choice, jon and darren both run tlr and are quick. At the last club meet of 2016 I tried jons car and although speedo and tranny were set miles different to how I have mine the car did feel real good to drive. I'm not the quickest but certainly not slowest there, normally middle to top half of A final. My honest answer would possibly be go for tlr with exotek laydown, I keep thinking about it but whenever I go into shop they keep tempting me with all nice shiny stuff for my b6!! And of course I can't help but buy shiny stuff!! Jon and darren will give you good honest advice too and are both approachable👍
Old 04-01-2017

Hi Jim I'm no longer racing at the DMS myself due to family reasons but if you're looking for a 2WD your best bet would be the team associated b6 as it comes with the laydown in the kit and also a Gear Diff Which the TLR doesn't so saves you money