Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Old 01-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Trick or Treaters went one too far at our house last night, they bloody burgled it!!!

We were only out for about an hour and a half, left the lights off sadly, no cars on the drive and "apparently" they knocked the door, saw no-one in, the went round the back and crow barred there way in through our kitchen window.....

Spent until 11:30pm waiting for the Police to arrive once we got back home and saw the mess, then another hour and half for the repair people to come and repair the broken window frame....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 01-11-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
Trick or Treaters went one too far at our house last night, they bloody burgled it!!!

We were only out for about an hour and a half, left the lights off sadly, no cars on the drive and "apparently" they knocked the door, saw no-one in, the went round the back and crow barred there way in through our kitchen window.....

Spent until 11:30pm waiting for the Police to arrive once we got back home and saw the mess, then another hour and half for the repair people to come and repair the broken window frame....
Sorry to hear that chum.
Thats just what you dont need.
Hope they didnt get too much, and you and the family are ok.
Old 01-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post

And no doubt under the cover of halloween outfits made an easy get away unrecognisable with your stuff in their treat bags.
Old 01-11-2011

I know I dont know you personally but that is not nice news. I hope everything works out for you and the family.

Chris.
rb5, Mission, F109, F103, F104v2 titanium, F104v2 black, 2 FF01s, FF03, TA02, TA04ss, TA04r, TA05, TT01, TL01, trf 415, M01, M02, 2 M03s, M04, M05, M06, XEVO, DB01, T2R Pro, TC3, b3, SC10, RC10 R5, E Revo, MR4 TC, MR4 TC worlds, MR4 BC SP, Ym34, xxx-t, Mad Rat, Predator DTM, Holiday Buggy (red), H.B (blue), dt03.
Old 01-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Luckily we "think" my wife may have disturbed them pretty soon after they entered the house when she got home since it appears that "nothing" (other than somthing with very little value and only used in self defence) was taken, it was just the fright of it all, the mess and the bloody inconvenience and hassle repairing the damage and dealing with insurance companies all last night and most of this morning that was a real pain in the butt.....

Apparently a couple of "suspicous" characters had been knocking on doors along our road to see if people where in first (one couple caught one of them on his back fence about to climb over when they took a while to answer their door), looks like they decided to take a chance on our place and got lucky (nearly).

As I said to the Police, dressed in black, maybe with masks, knocking on doors and carrying a bag looks dodgy on any other night of the year (except for Halloween).

5 year old was a bit shaken up by it all, both me and the mrs felt physically sick, and guess who got "nominated" to sleep on the couch "in case" they came back......... me! (slept really well last night, NOT)
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636