Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 23-06-2012

Default X11

Just woundering how many people run an x11 these days ????
Old 27-06-2012

Ooooooh yes indeed!
Old 27-06-2012

I'm the fastest and only pred driver in Belgium
Old 29-06-2012

Send a message via MSN to restimax

i from Italy
Old 21-07-2012

Japan
Old 23-07-2012

I'd LIKE to run a Predator, but here in the states, its not as easily supported as other companies (AE, Losi, Kyosho Etc) and although I tend to think outside the box and try to be different from everyone, it doesn't always work that way.

I've like the pred. design since they first came out many years ago. I think the new improvements are awesome and though I race on Clay and grooved dirt track, I think it still could be a contender here.

I love reading about the Xtreme Cars doing well.

MOmo
Old 23-07-2012

Wink pred x1108

i ran one of these in wales for 5 years. althore i loved the pred and went well with it, since going to the losi xx4/xxx4 i am doing much better at the regional's.

i think its a case of an old car that was to advanced for it's time and now the new brands are getting better. i do admit losi are yet to bring out a new 4wd but for me its just the way the cookie crumbles..out with the pred..in with the losi.

what ever your choice is in the end, enjoy you rc racing.

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 23-07-2012
Mad Member

Pred is not a popular as it should be....but I think it will have it's turn again soon...

Look at the Losi xx4!
Old 25-07-2012

Send a message via MSN to clint

I am in Canada, I run the X11 08..
Old 27-07-2012

I believe the pred is just as good as every other car out there, and I might even risk stating it's a little better then most of then despite it's age.
The car requires a totally different approach to set-up in order to get the most out of it, but once you wrap your head around it and get it dialed, it's a very hard car to beat.
I've been running preds since the XK98, both on and off road, and I've won 5 national titles with them, 3 of which were off-road, on loose dirt tracks with big jumps, where the car handled way better then most convensional cars because it was setup correctly for those conditions.
The cars biggest problem was allways support, which in this case is a lot more important because of how unique the car is and the (no) availability of spare parts.
After taking a three year break from racing, I started racing again mid season of last year to get back in shape for the upcoming season. I was plannig on running the X11-08, but after some vary poor expirience with the communication with Xtreme, I've realised that I would'nt be competative as I can't relay on a steady and solid support, so this year I've decided to run a Durango.
I'll be constantly checking the forums and peoples reactions hoping to see that the communication with Team Xtreme improves as well as their support, which will hopefully enable me to get back to racing a pred.
Old 27-07-2012

Hi Itsik,

I am sorry to see that you have posted this on here. As you know I did do my best to accomodate you this January. You asked for a kit and spares - I worked it out and emailed it to you. I then explained the costs etc. We did discount the parts and kits due to you previously having a shop - (which I believe you no longer have). I am afraid we were not able to sell you the kit at less than what it costs us. You didn't reply to wether you still wanted the kit or spares.

On the basis of this I don't think that your post is fair or factually correct.

http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk
Old 27-07-2012

Hi Yanina.

First and foremost, please don't take this the wrong way. This was in no way intended as an attack or anything, and if it sounds like that, that's probably my English rather then anything else.
Second, where did I mention anything about money and/or prices any where in my post?
If you read my post you'll see that I was talking purely about communication and support, which is, in my view, a must for any one trying to be competative with a car that you can get spares for from only one place in the world (at least that I'm aware off ...).
It's a pity you decided to respond the way you did because If you read my post again, you'll see that your assumptions about me and my intentions are incorrect and your response is totally uncalled for.
What I said was that despite everything I'll be following the car and any info on it hoping to see that I can get back to driving it competitively in the next season, because I still think this is the best 4WD buggy in production today.
Old 27-07-2012

Folks, can you please conduct your handbag fight via PM? Not only am I not interested, but it isn't exactly promoting the product...
XRAY T1 - 3 years since it last ran
X10 - Ebay purchase
X11 - Ebay purchase and rebuild Project
DEX410 - 2 weeks since it last ran
Old 31-07-2012

What promotion, I PM'd and got zero response... (that mind you, is not y issue with this company, its everything else that is wrong with it) Terrible promotion from a bad company with little to zero care with this car. they jump on whatever flavour of the month is, and at the moment it is the vega products as they are doing well nationally. Horrible promotion of a product and even worse parts support or even answering questions from people wanting to use this car. I have two x10's and want to run an x11 but NO WAY. Why pay £358 for a car that they obviously dont give a crap about... its basically at paper weight.... Look at the website.... Kev Lee is still a team member? Ellis Stafford news from 2009? Come on, its taking the piss seriously.

When they first came out, awesome support and promotion but now........zero promotion and support and even worse customer care....
But why care about all the customers that have bought this car based on when Xtreme first purchased the brand, when there is now more money to be made somewhere else. Take your money (and it is a HUGE amount for a car) and run... They have our money, so why care?

Hopeless, useless and I for one am staying well clear of these guys and their products...
Old 31-07-2012

READ THIS..... FROM 2010!!!!!! IT IS NOW MID 2012 AND IT SEEMS THEY HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL BE ONE OF THE MOST INCOMPETENT COMPANIES IN THE INDUSTRY.

http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=727.0

Why oh why don't you do us all a favour and either listen to your customers (that you do not care at all about) or stop all together. Stop promising and not delivering.

The worst part, and I really mean the WORST is that Yanina comes onto this website and has the nerve to promote Vega and other products, all the while not answering questions, commenting on X11 customer issues or at the very least, try to solve the problems.

If this isnt one of the most blatant, got your money, now f%#k off attitudes, then I dont know what is.

Its disgraceful and these things I am typing, have been a long time coming. I have tried to say nothing, but the more you read and the worse this sorry company gets.
Old 31-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
Why pay £358 for a car that they obviously dont give a crap about...

because I LOVE it....
all other problems is nothing....

i remember the promotion for the xrs: it's dirty and you love it... yes....i love it.
Old 31-07-2012

But you do realise you are being taken advantage of right?

How can you run a car like this without parts? Hunt, search, cannibalise? All valid forms of finding parts, but why bother?

My point is, they are quite happy to sell you a £358.33 (and that is POUNDS, god it is an expensive car) but no back up, no help, no setups, no support and no parts.

Doesn't it insult you at all? You don't seem to be a stupid person, does it sit well with you?

If you wanna be a sucker, by all means, that is your choice.
Old 31-07-2012

i run pred from the 2007, without any big problems to order parts, yes the car is expensive, the change euro/british pounds is not good for me, but i have try: bj4 w.e., schum cat (used in 4 race, with 4 k.o.) and i not change my pred for that kits... my local club is vendor for durango in italy... but i prefer my little pred....yes the site is old, and the.pred.co.uk is not clear... (forum pred, and the shop don't sale the pred???
i wish to next for a new big driver for the pred, and a more support.
Old 31-07-2012

I hope you know that your dedication means nothing to the owners of team xtreme..

I, like most predator owners are fed up being treated like idiots.... And most customers are voting with their wallets and taking their business elsewhere. I am one of those.

The sheer lack of these cars running should tell them something. Or they just dont care, when they have your money, why should they? I would think it is the latter.
Old 31-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by restimax View Post
i run pred from the 2007, without any big problems to order parts, yes the car is expensive, the change euro/british pounds is not good for me, but i have try: bj4 w.e., schum cat (used in 4 race, with 4 k.o.) and i not change my pred for that kits... my local club is vendor for durango in italy... but i prefer my little pred....yes the site is old, and the.pred.co.uk is not clear... (forum pred, and the shop don't sale the pred???
i wish to next for a new big driver for the pred, and a more support.
You have basically highlighted all the problems and what I have been saying.

What more can be said than: "yes the site is old, and the.pred.co.uk is not clear... (forum pred, and the shop don't sale the pred???"