Default TLR 22-4

The wait is over...

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoon.../j29-22-4.html
Old 26-09-2013
Mad Member

When Chris ?
Old 26-09-2013
Mad Member

Will the centre belt be adjustable?..... might be putting my belt mod back into production...
Old 26-09-2013

Clever use of same posts to hold the lipo strap and body on!
Old 26-09-2013

I really like this, well done Losi/TLR!
Don't reinvent the wheel, just make it a bit rounder!

Old 26-09-2013

Question Belt driven cars

What are belt driven cars like to drive Aswell as maintance point of view ! ?
Old 26-09-2013

I miss the days when Losi was a real RC concepts powerhouse . What we see now are just revisions of old ideas or just copying from others. dont get me wrong, this is a nice piece of kit but i do admire more the revolutionaries than evolutionaries. Without the first we woudnt be where we are and , the second kind is easy to find in each generation. The visionaries though... they are becoming a lost species

Just miss the days when having the balls to bring something new to the table was rewarded and cheered upon rather than seen like unnecessary risk...

Doesnt have to do with RC only , in general the world is missing if we all end up being pure accountant type of minds and stop loving tech for tech

Same with the modern space race for example-all cost driven and miserably looking at the details when the whole point is broadening horizons and making life experience more rich strongly believe that making everything cost driven and minimal risk driven robs life all the best of magic

anyway sorry for the rant. enjoy the modern XX4 copy -some 18 years after the original prototypes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugboy View Post
I really like this, well done Losi/TLR!
Don't reinvent the wheel, just make it a bit rounder!
Old 26-09-2013

same as original XX-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Larner View Post
Clever use of same posts to hold the lipo strap and body on!
Old 26-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEXtrain View Post
I miss the days when Losi was a real RC concepts powerhouse . What we see now are just revisions of old ideas or just copying from others. dont get me wrong, this is a nice piece of kit but i do admire more the revolutionaries than evolutionaries. Without the first we woudnt be where we are and , the second kind is easy to find in each generation. The visionaries though... they are becoming a lost species

Just miss the days when having the balls to bring something new to the table was rewarded and cheered upon rather than seen like unnecessary risk...

Doesnt have to do with RC only , in general the world is missing if we all end up being pure accountant type of minds and stop loving tech for tech

Same with the modern space race for example-all cost driven and miserably looking at the details when the whole point is broadening horizons and making life experience more rich strongly believe that making everything cost driven and minimal risk driven robs life all the best of magic

anyway sorry for the rant. enjoy the modern XX4 copy -some 18 years after the original prototypes...

agree what an anti climax 18 years of waiting we end up with what we started with i suppose at least one good thing ill save £350.

good job TLR
Old 26-09-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

I don't get all the hate, the XX4 was and still is a superb car! Unfortunately it can't cope with modern power and isn't the easiest to work on... This solves that, great work TLR

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 26-09-2013

Talking 22 4

My new ride for 2014 season. Back to my roots :-)).
Tamiya M06 low rider pumpkin
TLR 1.0,3.0 scte
Yeldnips racing products
Xfactoryuk
Dms racing
Corally uk
Old 26-09-2013
Mad Member

most modern 4wd's copy the same suspension geometry that the xx4 started anyway.

Why change what works and what is the norm across the board anyway ?
Old 26-09-2013
Mad Member

no hate just a little disapointed
Old 26-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEXtrain View Post

er... ever heard about the 22? When released a couple of years ago it was the first car to have a modern narrow alloy chassis with side pods, and "reversible" gearbox to give you MM / RM all in one kit... and affordable, on top. I don't know how much more revolutionary than this it can get, really
Old 26-09-2013

why hate this losi so much and still keep on comming back here
i think its a piece of art that must be in my house in the near future

Old 26-09-2013

To me it shows how ahead of it's time Jnr's original design was. I admit I rather like the threaded inserts on the plastic parts - will stop stripping the threads (although it will increase the Loctite budget...)
Old 27-09-2013

It was not the first - there were other prototype/limited production cars that had all this - affordable oh yeah god bless china

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
er... ever heard about the 22? When released a couple of years ago it was the first car to have a modern narrow alloy chassis with side pods, and "reversible" gearbox to give you MM / RM all in one kit... and affordable, on top. I don't know how much more revolutionary than this it can get, really
Old 27-09-2013

Exactly - i did not say that the engineers did not do a good job revising the XX-4 ( though the large opening in the alloy front chassis part could have been avoided, the shock tower bracing in the rear could have been more discreet etc) . They did a good job.

Did they bring anything new to the table? Not really
XX-4 (original version) "risked"/brought something new in the following areas:

-Balance/layout-by the way the saddles in the back behind the motor config was not first presented by losi - but they got it belt driven and researched motor position
-Composite chassis for 4wd - quite unusual for the time and mostly limited to entry level kits
-clicker (and the research associated with designing a dependable and effective rachet mech for racing conditions)
-The thin pitch front and mid belts - bet a lot wouldnt think they would last
-The front suspension/carrier design "cleaned up" from the Avante and brought to excellence (ok durability was not great but as a design it is still the most advanced)
-Adjustable torque distribution front and rear

and other things i forget now

I guess the question is why bring something new to the table....And the whole thing goes much deeper - it is a whole direction of the society type of thing. It is the same thing as why go to the moon or beyond (even though we now have the tech to do it at much lower cost and with many more expansion capabilities) if it wont make us money immediately or sell immediately to the facebook/Idol/twitter/reality TV generation

It is a shame because we "shut up" those that have the skills and dream big as irresponsible and reckless and unrealistic when it was exactly these type of people that brought all big advances in the last century...

There are clever people around here... i know . I hope to hear from them what they really think rather than an uptight educated /i want to seem smart and reasonable by todays standards point of view.

I mean isnt that whole situation getting more and more suffocating/limiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
no hate just a little disapointed
Old 27-09-2013

You know what would be cool?

Take the 22-4 rear end including motor/belt. and bolt on 22 front end into the new custom chassis, ala new schumacher cougar protype....

that would be cool.
Old 30-09-2013

I understand what all is talking about .
but I do want to say that the original losi XX4 just like the Pred was way a haed of what the racing whas . the pred ist components whare weak but you whas always the fastest entill the first jump . the losi XX4 askt so mutch from your packs that you had trouble making the 5 min . the original first gen XX4 had bearings that colapsted more than U could imagine .
but both of these cars whare a gambel when they came out and both had there sucses .
I love the way the new XX4 looks and as far as I can see they have reinvented the weel and somtimes reinventing or inproving somthing that works is harder than it looks as the original standard is so hich that I can understand wy they have waited this long .
but hey that is just my idee
Rude-Bits
Serpent
Fba section offroad chairman.