Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 18-12-2008

Been there, customer service is crap with a capital C. True, the guy has been burgled since moving there, but I'd still prefer friendly staff :P

(Also, that's Als Hobbies, not Antics
Old 18-12-2008

Shame he's been burgled, didn't know what store it was (branch etc.) but I work just down the road from it and thought it might be worth a look one lunch time (too far to go into town and back).

I will give it a go anyway one day, you never know you might have caught them on a bad day.
Old 08-01-2009

Finally aquired my DB01 and built it (mostly! - no top as of yet), and I have to say, what a lovely, predictable car this is - even giving it full throttle in an icy car park wasn't enough to unsettle it.

I am running the stock (27 turn?) motor, though. Perhaps an 18 turn motor will make it a little more exciting to drive?
Old 09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakable View Post
I am running the stock (27 turn?) motor, though. Perhaps an 18 turn motor will make it a little more exciting to drive?
Mine is completely stock as well. I haven't taken it outside yet, as I'm a little worried about the large amount of motor heat in tandem with snow flying about creating the evil that is water.

Though, just blasting around inside the house is extremely fun. I've been sliding around the basement and jumping down an entire floor worth of steps and such, and it's taking the abuse wonderfully. Eventually, a 501 shock set and some aluminum suspension mounts will be almost a requirement, but as it sits, it's a hell of a car for the price.
Once the race season starts, I'll pick up a Novak Havoc brushless combo, which should keep me amused for a while
Old 11-01-2009

Speaking of abuse, my stock motor started clicking today! Worried me no end (I thought something like the diffs had failed), but I was able to borrow a stock Tamiya motor from a friend.

Gave me an excuse to strip dowwn and tune the entire drivetrain, though :P And a good reason to grab a more durable motor. Looking at a Clash 18 currently.