Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 25-08-2009

Send a message via MSN to chris_trcc
Default Tamiya TB Evoultion 4 MS

how could i solve my steering been to twitchy, and wants to throw out the back end out on the corners. its a real handful to handle if not carful. currently got all possible mods you can think of. team novak gtb/4.5, running a loose diff. i changed from rubber tyres to foams unfortually on our indoor circuit and still reacting the same but not as bad. will this be the cause of my steering tow in? cheers
Old 25-08-2009

Send a message via Skype™ to Carole_MH

I had a similar problem at TRCC last saturday with my cyclone and was advised to reduce front droop which all but cured it after a few attempts at different amounts of droop, I have also been told to use softer springs on the back too which will be my next course of action.

Carole
Old 25-08-2009

im running a 1-way diff. which i know is very daring on the tight track. with that amount of power. for shocks i never experienced this problem on my previous tamiya tb evoultion 4, same springs. i suppose go to a softer shock oil on the back think im running 60wt front/ 40wt back with std yellow springs. suspension is pritty hard all round though i give it a try cheers
Old 25-08-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

take the one-way out, and fit either a diff or a spool in the front, also, what suspension blocks are you running, and amount of rear toe on the hub carriers?
Old 26-08-2009
Mad Member

4.5 is way too hot for that track in the scout hut. Last time I was down there (a good while ago mind), I TQed with a 19T brushed and rubber tyres. But I know you are all power crazy down there...
Old 26-08-2009

its basically all factory set up with the hubs ect. i was on 19t rubbers but lacked power against the brushless systems i was up against, so i put mine in. its knocked off 2 seconds off each lap right away. but the accel./top end speed turned right down on transmitter.
Old 26-08-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

I must admit, I would be looking at between 2.5' and 3' rear toe, preferably inboard, is the rear getting wayward on the power, off the power, or everywhere?
Old 27-08-2009

just when the power there
Old 27-08-2009
Mad Member

I'd ditch the oneway. Also as the guys said earlier reduce the front droop and make the back slightly softer and have some negative camber.
Old 27-08-2009

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

im no pro driver but how about stiffening the front a little instead of softening the rear?. Stand front shocks up a little more?