Quote:
Originally Posted by stox217 View Post
Are the advent calander's for sale too?
Can i have first dibs on the Peppa pig one
Old 04-11-2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkSteve View Post
You say u wanted to help but the 1 time u came down to race u turned up late which delayed us getting things started, and then u left straight after the finals and never helped to pack the track away!
stev get you fact stright before you say anything as i was there all day got there at 1 oclock and ask james i put all the stuff away in james tailer i did put all the gear away . ask james i was not like you race then say bye and left me and 2 lads to put everything away get you r facts stright before say stuff. ask jame ask you friend s that race pal

Last edited by stampede vxlboy; 04-11-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-11-2009

Wow, I have to admit, this is the funniest forum thread out there :P I was just reading this at work and had to join the site just to let you guys know how much fun I've had reading this. LOL 140 pounds for a Madrat??? I sold my used Team Associated T4 roller (truck version of the B4, but ya'll know that already) on EBAY with tons of spares for about $75.00 CAD. Thats like 40.00 pounds and I still think I got away with a decent price for a well used chassis.

Now to say that the B4 is cr@p??? That's just plain old ignorant.

Cheers from Canada,
Joe
Old 04-11-2009
Banned

i just think there better cars out there than the b4 to race with everybody as a b4 that races
Old 04-11-2009

Yes, I believe there are a few, like the Losi, but you have to take into account most racers need a chassis with a lot of parts support available. And team associated rocks for world wide parts support. Sure I could go with some exotic chassis, but once I break a part, I'm pretty much screwed until I get the parts off ebay.

I'd rather support my LHS and get the parts the same day.

Tamiya EVO-IV/10.5 Drifter
HPI Sprint-2/13.5 Rubber Spec
Tamiya TB-02/Black Can Spec
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampede vxlboy View Post
i just think there better cars out there than the b4 to race with everybody as a b4 that races

think about it Stampy, there is a REASON everyone runs a B4. That's because they are a consistantly good car on all tracks with great parts support as stated.
Other cars are as competitive, like the RB5, but parts support and team driver/set up support just isn't there in the same way as the B4

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 04-11-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
think about it Stampy, there is a REASON everyone runs a B4. That's because they are a consistantly good car on all tracks with great parts support as stated.
Other cars are as competitive, like the RB5, but parts support and team driver/set up support just isn't there in the same way as the B4
I was about to say the same thing.. Take a look at the A Finals at the major competitions and there are always a high number of B4s..

Would you rather run something that doesn't make the top of the list or a "too common" car?

I wish I still had my B4 FT as I should have kept it (Sold it for £70). I'll buy another one when I run out of XX spares.
Old 04-11-2009
Legendary dude

poor old stampy hasnt got a clue about car set-up so it must be the cars fault why its crap lol. I think what stampy knows about car set-up you could write on a postage stamp
Old 04-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
poor old stampy hasnt got a clue about car set-up so it must be the cars fault why its crap lol. I think what stampy knows about car set-up you could write on a postage stamp
would that be 2nd class

Ginge

Reality Racing - Team Associated - Savox - CML
Old 04-11-2009
Banned

i just dont like them at all there strong cars but all my traxxas car never break there solid car for bashing and the slash is good on a track and the bandit
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

that's because the B4 is designed for racing, not bashing! Trucks will obviously take more of a pounding than a B4 because the big tyres absorb a lot of the impact and they are designed for beginners to crash around in the park! The B4 is designed for people with half an ounce of skill, to drive around a track and not launch off stupid ramps in a garden.

It's like saying an F1 car should be as durable as a range rover!!!

Honestly, if you intend to go to a track then buy a racing buggy. If you only want to bash then stick with trucks as they will deliver what you want. You wouldn;t buy a track day sports car and then complain it was crap at your local banger racing track would you?! For god's sake think before you buy things

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 04-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz View Post
Can i have first dibs on the Peppa pig one
okay
Old 04-11-2009

Quote:
i just dont like them at all there strong cars but all my traxxas car never break there solid car for bashing and the slash is good on a track and the bandit

LOL, The Traxxas bandit is a pretty old ride. Is there still any parts support for that chassis? Traxxas has been re-hashing that thing for years. Not to say I've got anything against traxxas but their only competative chassis is the REVO. I'd still rather race a Team Associated SC10 vs a Traxxas Slash.

Old 04-11-2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
that's because the B4 is designed for racing, not bashing! Trucks will obviously take more of a pounding than a B4 because the big tyres absorb a lot of the impact and they are designed for beginners to crash around in the park! The B4 is designed for people with half an ounce of skill, to drive around a track and not launch off stupid ramps in a garden.

It's like saying an F1 car should be as durable as a range rover!!!

Honestly, if you intend to go to a track then buy a racing buggy. If you only want to bash then stick with trucks as they will deliver what you want. You wouldn;t buy a track day sports car and then complain it was crap at your local banger racing track would you?! For god's sake think before you buy things
hpi cyber 10bany good or not. jimmy or a zx5 there 1 on here
Old 04-11-2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglykidjoe View Post
LOL, The Traxxas bandit is a pretty old ride. Is there still any parts support for that chassis? Traxxas has been re-hashing that thing for years. Not to say I've got anything against traxxas but their only competative chassis is the REVO. I'd still rather race a Team Associated SC10 vs a Traxxas Slash.
there all still going strong there still make them new all the traxxas parts are avaible from over 15 year ago
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
hpi cyber 10bany good or not. jimmy or a zx5 there 1 on here
the cyber is an ok car, but HPI spares are very expensive at present. plus as stated in your other thread it will need some additional parts to make it competitive if you want to race it. You would be better off looking at a second hand B44, better spec and cheaper more accessible parts.

The ZX5 was a good car in it's day, but has been passed by the newer versions like the FS now. A second hand FS again would be better than a cyber. But parts aren;t as common for the Kyosho cars, and not many people run them at clubs.
the beuty of running a popular car is when you go to a club and break something, someone there will likely have a spare you can borrow for the day. And if you are a crap driver who breaks a lot then this is VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 04-11-2009
Banned

thanks jimmy what are my car worth i have for sale stampede vxl with combo or roller and madrat and the b4 there loads of stuff with it
Old 04-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i have no idea on the traxxas, no idea what they cost new.

the madrat, with t plate and b4 shocks, you may get £50-60 depending on spares etc. This is about 50% of the cost new, car £50, shocks £40, t plate £10. Forget all the other parts you bought, they were a waste of time as people tried to tell you. Alloy bling is pointless, don;t buy any more.

The B4, you can usually pick up half decent ones with spares and a few wheels for under £100. Not sure what you have with yours.

But as stated before, i don;t think anyone on here will buy them from you simply because you have owned them, and they would expect you to have ruined them with your lack of knowledge. You will be far better listing them on ebay.

If you get £150 for the madrat and B4 together then you will be doing ok.

As for your electrics, same thing really. No one on here will be interested, firstly because they are sensorless which is pants for racing, and secondly because you owned them. Again stick them on ebay. No idea that they are worth, but EZ runs are dirt cheap on ebay so i wouldn;t expect more than £30 for a combo?

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 04-11-2009

Definatley go with the zx5 over the HPI. Also a great 4WD Chassis is the B44 if you have the saddle packs. (I'm running my old BJ4 because it still uses stick packs and I'm a cheap bastard who doesn't want to invest in saddle packs :P )

Closed Thread