Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 24-03-2010

Default schumacher sst

looking for some advice guys my old schumacher sst that i run keeps un doing the front dif ive stripped the front end to clean bearings etc and noticed that the alen key bolt through the centre of the diff tightens into a nylon insert assuming i could get a spanner to fit could i replace that nylon insert with a lock nut

any help appreciated
craig
Old 24-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig smith View Post
looking for some advice guys my old schumacher sst that i run keeps un doing the front dif ive stripped the front end to clean bearings etc and noticed that the alen key bolt through the centre of the diff tightens into a nylon insert assuming i could get a spanner to fit could i replace that nylon insert with a lock nut

any help appreciated
craig
Craig, I don't know the car well enough, but does that nylon insert have lugs which lock into the drive cups? I had an associated a few years ago that may have had a similar setup, the lugs sheared off so I was never able to tighen the diff correctly and it would loosen all to easily.

Not sure if that helps...
Old 24-03-2010

hi scott yes sounds just the same lugs have gone on mine too ive fitted a lock nut front bearings had alot of hair in them around them so ill give it another try cheers
craig