Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 13-04-2010

Default LOSI XX4 WE how much ?

hello

I ve a new xx4 we , still in the box
According to you,how much can I sell it ?
Old 13-04-2010

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed

In the last couple of weeks, one sold NIB on eBay for over $350 USD. If you can sell it for that much or not is another question. Maybe, but there was a US company that had them in stock and until just very recently was selling them for $295 USD.
Old 13-04-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by valiroche View Post
hello

I ve a new xx4 we , still in the box
According to you,how much can I sell it ?

Though your car is new, it's not new-new. It was superceeded by another model by the manufacturer, it's been quite a while since it was in production, and it's not like it's still a top podium finisher at the big races.
Sure it's a rare car, but not that rare and not all that much call for them.

As the previous poster suggested, whether or not you can sell it for what you think is a good price is really a matter of if you can find the right buyer that has to have your car.

If your intent is to get top-dollar, then maybe you should hang on to it for a while longer and hopefully the market will inflate the price (though it might not). If your intent is just to sell it, so as to recoup some funds and/or to help you get something else, then maybe you should list it on eBay for a low starting price and a bidding war starts and hope the right buyer comes along.

Really, it just depends on you.
Old 13-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Not the situation here in the UK though Rob, where XXX4 G+'s are next to useless on our outdoor tracks, and Losi's team drivers run XX4WE's because they run great here.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 13-04-2010

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketrob View Post
Sure it's a rare car, but not that rare and not all that much call for them.
Not so much, Rob. It's still considered to be one of the greatest 4wd buggies ever sold. And with LiPo and brushless, it's shortcomings are really removed from play. Most consider it to be one of the best balanced race-buggies ever, and I would have a hard time arguing.

Not new, no, but really far from not relevant. Just because you might not see them at your local track too often does not make the XX4we any less of a highly sought-after buggy. And new in the box, there are PLENTY of people who would give their eye teeth for one. XX4 aftermarket parts are still bringing in wildly high prices when they become available.

Overcome the fragile front arms (which can be done), and this car is still highly competitive at any level. Just because the XXX4 came after it doesn't make it a better car. Most who have owned or driven both will tell you that the XX4 was a far better car in almost every condition than the XXX4.
Old 13-04-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Not the situation here in the UK though Rob, where XXX4 G+'s are next to useless on our outdoor tracks, and Losi's team drivers run XX4WE's because they run great here.
Come on guys....

Wasn't knocking the car, had one and luved it, just saying times had changed - and like I suggested, depending on the venue it could be "the car" - and I wasn't trying to get involved in an "opinions" match with anyone.
Old 13-04-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
Not so much, Rob. It's still considered to be one of the greatest 4wd buggies ever sold. And with LiPo and brushless, it's shortcomings are really removed from play. Most consider it to be one of the best balanced race-buggies ever, and I would have a hard time arguing.

Not new, no, but really far from not relevant. Just because you might not see them at your local track too often does not make the XX4we any less of a highly sought-after buggy. And new in the box, there are PLENTY of people who would give their eye teeth for one. XX4 aftermarket parts are still bringing in wildly high prices when they become available.

Overcome the fragile front arms (which can be done), and this car is still highly competitive at any level. Just because the XXX4 came after it doesn't make it a better car. Most who have owned or driven both will tell you that the XX4 was a far better car in almost every condition than the XXX4.
Come on Doug, I wasn't trashing the car (I had one, luved it) - but if it was still that relevent it would still be dominating at the Worlds. Every car is different, and every car has it's place. I never said it was worthless, or dumped in the bin.

Again, the guy asked for opinions and I gave mine just as you gave yours.
Old 13-04-2010

Quote:
Come on Doug, I wasn't trashing the car (I had one, luved it) - but if it was still that relevent it would still be dominating at the Worlds. Every car is different, and every car has it's place. I never said it was worthless, or dumped in the bin.

Again, the guy asked for opinions and I gave mine just as you gave yours.
The guys jumped the gun a bit, but I see where you come from. If you'd ever come to a european track, or even worse, a nordic track, you would get the picture.

What we run on, compared to anything american, is like a potatofield. You'd never see a XXX4 up here, and if you ever do, it's a pure amateur that doesn't care. The car can't handle the tracks, it's terrible on bumps.

This is where the XX4 shines through. It's excellent on rough tracks, and barely anything can beat it if it's a good driver as well.

Spektrum DX4R Pro - TLR 22 2.0 & TLR 22-4 - Absima

Team Smallsize
Old 13-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Its worth pointing out that Losi re-released the XX4WE for a limited production run after the XXX4G+ was released! And that some people are petitioning Losi to re-release it again!
Its still very much relevant!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 13-04-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer View Post
The guys jumped the gun a bit, but I see where you come from. If you'd ever come to a european track, or even worse, a nordic track, you would get the picture.

What we run on, compared to anything american, is like a potatofield. You'd never see a XXX4 up here, and if you ever do, it's a pure amateur that doesn't care. The car can't handle the tracks, it's terrible on bumps.

This is where the XX4 shines through. It's excellent on rough tracks, and barely anything can beat it if it's a good driver as well.
TY Martin

I did mention, somewhere, that it was a great "rough track" car.

Anyway, in case someone wants to add something relevent to the OP's question, let's allow this discussion to get
Old 13-04-2010

Quote:
TY Martin

I did mention, somewhere, that it was a great "rough track" car.
[offtopic]
Just read that actually And all tracks up north are:P Almost anyway.
I visited WestCoast RC, Competition Hobbies in Tuscon and ran the Cactus this year, and damn, I wanted to stay:P
[/offtopic]

Spektrum DX4R Pro - TLR 22 2.0 & TLR 22-4 - Absima

Team Smallsize
Old 13-04-2010

Any US outdoor track that also runs 1/8th buggy, IMO it would be the car to have. I wouldn't be shocked if somewhere down the road the XX4 was re-re-released with green belts, solid chassis optimized for LiPos and some minor updates to materials. It was and still is THAT good of a car.

Having said that, I'm sure that there are still a lot of people around the world who would pay top dollar for a new in the box kit—"vintage" or not.
Old 13-04-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Arent most modern 4wd cars based on the xx-4's geometry?

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 13-04-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

xx4 is by far the best looking car about these days. It's an amazing car i would rather it not be re-released as then we can remember the xx4 as the great it is not have it re-released to wait for the other cars to catch up.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!