Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > oOple Talk

Old 04-05-2010

Default Jpextiman!

Hi, I paid £15 to jpextiman via Bank Transfer this afternoon for a spektrum servo. I see that he is now banned from oople and i have no way of sending a message to him for my address details. Have I been scammed??

Sorry if this is the wrong place for communicating this info!!
Old 04-05-2010
Administrator

no worries - this is a good place for it yes. This user is definitely a scammer (as far as I can determine) I'm afraid. If you don't have his email address I can give you that along with the ip address (probably dynamic - leominster based currently) and any help you need to recover any monies. I'd advise contacting the police or your bank possibly. I managed to spot this guy fairly quickly but not before he found you it seems - sorry about that. He joined yesterday and I didn't trust his sales when I saw them so did some research.

These sales didn't ring true to me so I instantly banned him so no one could contact him and fall for any scam - any help you need please let me know. I appologise if I have this totally wrong - but I'd be AMAZED if I was wrong about this user.

You get banned off a forum - what do you do? keep quiet? then you're up to no good!
Old 04-05-2010

Default Scam

I have a name and bank account details . £15 isnt the end of the world but seems a bit of a small amount for a scam . Correspondence seemed reasonably genuine I didnt check him out though due to the small value of the purchase. Do you think I should send him my address?
Old 05-05-2010
Administrator

You are right - hardly worth the effort - apart form that 180 quid engine and 500 quid baja he was also apparently selling.

Keep us/me updated and feel free to post his name and bank details if he falls through on the deal. I'm sorry to the guy if he's genuine, but his sales are NOT 100% honest, that I know for a fact, and that's why I banned him.

PM me if you need his email or anything else I can try help with.
Old 05-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Jimmy what about having a minimum no of posts say 50? Before you can post in the for sale section??

I don't know how much work it is for you but it may help this sort of thing?

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 05-05-2010
Administrator

I'll look into it - been meaning to do something along those lines for a while though.
Old 05-05-2010

Default Pextiman

Hi Jimmy, could you pm me pextimans email , cheers, Phil
Old 08-05-2010

Hello,

I have just been scammed for a £15 receiver and £85 speedo so i am not very happy at the minute. Can you send me his details please so i can do all possible to try and get my money back via my bank?

I beleive once a transfer has gone through though that there is no way back

Failing that has anyone got his address.....

Regards
Gareth
Old 08-05-2010

Default 50 Posts

Morning, just been reading this thread with intrest, I have been a long time reader of this forum and have gained some very good infomation and opinions from it, but as most people seem to know as much or more than me i felt that I didn't need to fill the forum with my half baked ramblings. However I (the wife) felt that my 12 RC cars were too much and so I finaly made myself a member specificaly for the sales and wants section. if there had been a 50 post limit I would have to have answered every post on here with little or no knoledge on the subject just to post...
I feel that a rule like this will fill the forum with inane and irelivent posts. I understand everyones problems with scammers and sympathise, but 20 might be a better number??

thats it, i'm now spent...

Aplogies for the long reply.
Old 08-05-2010
oOple Advertiser

A set number of posts AND a set amount of time as a member too maybe??? Saves someone logging on one night posting 50 (or 20) "random" and meaningless posts to then go and "scam away"

It would then also mean that the facilty to sell on oople is a "privaledge" for members who have both contributed AND been around for a set amount of time too (3 months maybe??). It would also stop those who do simply come along to sell only then disappear without any contribution.......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 09-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to purpletimbo

Similar problem on rc10talk was solved by a post count, and then approval by a mod, after viewing ebay feedback etc to determine suitability, didn't stop them all, but most definitely.
Old 09-05-2010

Has anyone had any luck contacting this scammer? does he actually race or does he just have a good knowledge of parts that people may want to buy?

Regards
Gareth
Old 09-05-2010

Default jpextiman

No Luck sorry , phone comes back wrong no . Not pursued bank details havent had time, would love to get my £15 back just out of principal!

Anybody traces him please let me know!