Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 21-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi madness View Post
what pinion gear would you use with 2045kv and 1900kv 2200kv and 2650kv the spur gear is a 68t but for the 1900kv and 2045 i got a 54t spur for these 2 motor what pinion gears would you buy as they cost alot

You've asked this question about 20 times now!!!

I dont think anyone can help you!

Stop clogging threads up by repeating the same old crap or you'll prob end up banned......AGAIN!

Old 27-07-2010

richardmid1

i use a ptfe based lubricant mixed in with bearing oil which takes care of any bearing troubles, a little costly but very good and reduces maintainence quite a lot. bit off topic but how did you get on with the trex 500, i have been learning using an eco 8 and was looking at the trex as a possible upgrade route
Old 28-07-2010

hey guys,

i know i'm like a month late on the topic, however i'd be wary of using any aircraft specific motors, both because of the kv ratings (not as significant) but the torque difference, there isn't an extreme need for torque to power planes like the torque used in cars, granted you could test gearing combination and probably work something out eventually but i think i'd stay away from it.
Old 24-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhead019 View Post
hey guys,

there isn't an extreme need for torque to power planes like the torque used in cars, .

you would be amazed how much torque you need to spin a prop, i used an 8 by 4 prop to run in and get a base setup on my .21's and they do struggle a bit with what would be considered a correct size prop for them, cars require less torque and more revs due to the gearing whereas a prop requires loads of torque and lower revs as most are direct drive.