Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 20-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops View Post
If the steering mechanism is nice and free with the horn unpopped at all suspension levels then surely its a centreing issue with the servo?.. dont the free moving digital ones keep centering and adjusting for as long as its powered up..Think i read that somewhere
the problem happens with a free moving Savox servo and other stiff digital/nondigital servos
cheers
Steve
Old 20-08-2010

try operating the car on the stand, as sometimes it could be radio glitch. Just a suggestion. I've had it before, even on 2.4ghz, just relocated the receiver wire. But yes, do try all the things people mentioned above
Old 20-08-2010
Mad Member

Ive not looked through all the posts... but i recently dropped my Esprit 3 transmitter and bust the steering stick... i managed to glue it up to finish the meeting but the car felt " wondery "

Anyway spoke to Derek Bailey who supplied me the parts to fix and he said make sure you do the " adjust VR " which sets up all the neutral points otherwise if you dont the car will feel like its wondering..

Just a thought.. as it cured my cars antics.. initially i thought it was a loose servo saver!

Cheers

Nick
Old 20-08-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

My 501x suffered from this until I replaced all the ball cups. They where moving when put under pressure. It didn't even have to be a full on accident, even just a light brush off an apex that doesn't unsettle the car was knocking the steering trim off.

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 23-08-2010

If ball cups are jumping threads, you should be able to measure it with a caliper, especially if you originally followed manual-recommended lengths.
Old 24-08-2010
Mad Member

Mine didn't actually jump the threads but they did move small amounts when tapped, it was very noticeable by how much the camber could be knocked out per run without any actual crashes.

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 27-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole2k View Post
Mine didn't actually jump the threads but they did move small amounts when tapped, it was very noticeable by how much the camber could be knocked out per run without any actual crashes.
no offence man, but your post doesnt make sense, if the camber changes just when the car is tapped, and the thread isnt jumping, what else is going on? even if its possible that the turnbuckle is being turned in the cups by the lateral forces on the wheels, it still means theyre rubbish
Old 27-08-2010
Mad Member

To jump the thread they would have to move a fairly large amount, I can only assume they were turning the thread. They are rubbish, I wasn't saying anything to the contrary just that mine didn't seem to change by large amounts just very small amounts.

The problem went away with all new ball cups on the car though.

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 27-08-2010

I have replaced all cups with Kyosho ones, stuck servo down with 3M 2.5kg doublesided tape as well as mounts
Big meet this weekend (130 entries) at my club, Hoping this will solve the issue
I'll let you all know the result
thanks everyyone for your help
Steve