Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 30-11-2010
oOple Advertiser

Cold but fun day, hope the short course final kept you entertained. May be some of you other drivers will come and join us for some light hearted racing. Role on next time for more fun of Team Hong Nor against Super Smith and the SC10. Not that we picked on him LOL.

Jono
Old 30-11-2010
Mad Member

Not trying to disagree with anyone who's already commented, but my opinion is and always will be that I won't ever be critical of the effort any clubs put in to the organisation of a race for us guys.

As far as i'm concerned, i'm just totally grateful that people out there are happy to voluntarily do all the work in preparation for a meeting, as it must be massively time consuming. The fact that all those heaters were put on, and the work to insulate the pit area, was very well recieved from my point of view, and absolutely not expected at all. The track was good fun, and the facilities your club have are very impressive (as was the local pub (the mixed grill was the bollocks)!).

Remember, if it wasn't for the people that help run these clubs, none of us would be racing at all.

Keep up the good work guys,

Mark
Old 30-11-2010
Mad Member

I totally agree with that. I loved it surface was a surprise but not bad to race on and the jump was spot on I could do it 95% of the race clean on the jump and I realy cant jump(unless I am getting better at it LOL). Fantastic event and facility.
Old 30-11-2010

Well done to the Ardent guys, great venue & well run event, never seen racing on ply boards before, unusual but enjoyable especially since both Gregs cars went well on the surface
Top job lads, might have to have another trip there in the future
Old 30-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
I must say that I really enjoyed the first event but much less so this one.

For me the biggest problem was the car killing main jump ... I can't remember the last time I saw so many broken cars in a single event. I spoke to lots of people who had shock tower failures just from landing flat past the jump and I personally got taken out so many times by people jumping through me as I tried to land on the top to save the car it wasn't funny. I think a bit of "give" under the landing zone would have sold those problems.

The wooden surface, well that is a matter of taste I guess. What did I think personally? Have to say I liked it but thought it would be good to have a blend with more carpet, maybe 50/50 of 60/40 in favour of the carpet as the slippy stuff seemed to eat tires on some cars (luckily not mine!).

I have to say a big thumbs up though for the crew at Ardent learning from each event and being brave enough to try new things ... much better than the "we know best and will do the same as we have for the last 20 years" mind set of some places.
Stick at it guys, your definitely getting there!

See you again for the next one.
Gotta disagree with the main jump Roger! My car even being a 25 year old design had NO problems with it at all!! The only time I couldnt land it was when I got the take off wrong!!

I tell ya drive like a hero with a Boomerang and no one gives you a mention PFFFT!!

Some one else mentioned about radios glitching, my spekky did this in the final! Ive run Spektrum for 2 years or more now and NEVER had a single issue, and it was glitching like mad but only in the final. Which upset me somewhat as I should have won that final! I could lap faster than the top 3 cars when they came round on me but only for about 2 laps untill I glitched out again! Maybe the cold had a bearing on it?? Must admit ive never run my gear in temps that low before
Old 01-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

All I meant by "killer jump" was that I saw a LOT of broken cars, quite a few with compression failures of the shock towers from 'normal' landings not crashes. If there had been a little more give in the landing zone that wouldn't have been an issue.
The table top itself wasn't a bad design, the cars stayed low over it and the landing ramp was fine, another few feet of length in the landing ramp wouldn't have hurt but it wasn't a bad build at all.

Meant to be totally constructive to help them move forward, not bitchy complaints. If I had any real complaints I would make sure they knew about it, but in private.

As I said, guys are learning from every event and I am sure that it will get better every meeting. I'll keep supporting them by going there to race and I am sure that John and the crew don't mind constructive comments .... if nobody mentions anything how would they know what they could do to improve? It is only their 2nd ever off-road event at the venue after all.
Old 01-12-2010
Mad Member

From what I can see on the picture, the table top would gain by being a tad higher, with an up-ramp a little steeper. Basically you want the down ramp to be about 1.5/2 times the length of the up-ramp.

A steep up-ramp isn't a problem as it makes it easier to land on the up ramp, the leaner the up ramp, the more precise you'll have to be in your take off to be able to hit the down-ramp.

Just my £0.02, sorry my 0.024€
Old 01-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ripping up all the carpet and running chipboard as a racing surface?

You Ardent guys have some balls, I like the way you think

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 01-12-2010

Please have faith in us to host a brilliant PetitRC! We have only done 2 buggy meetings so far and haven't done too bad. For the PetitRC in January we would have more time to prepare the track (last two have been done in under 4 hours), we would have spent more on heaters (we invest as we go along), and we will have Nicolas guiding us on the track design and ramps.

It's going to be fun, challenging and technical with a few Ardent surprises if we can get them past Nicolas :-)

The PetitRC track will be available to play on from Thursday 13th January (but will not be exactly the same as race day as this would be unfair to others that are not able to practice).
Old 01-12-2010
Mad Member

FYI as per Nicolas's request the track must be 90% carpet with a slippy section only (1 or 2 corners) like at maritime last year and Nicolas will for sure review and approve the track before hand so don't you guys worry...
Old 01-12-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
FYI as per Nicolas's request the track must be 90% carpet with a slippy section only (1 or 2 corners) like at maritime last year and Nicolas will for sure review and approve the track before hand so don't you guys worry...
Sounds even better didnt fancy racing on wood

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Old 01-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Rob, the wood wasn't bad grip wise to be honest so long as you stayed off the completely fresh tires. I actually enjoyed it but as I said, multi surface is more fun, although there were a few slippery bits about that made the normal wood seem like velcro

Anything similar to last years Petit would be fantastic for this year, having the big jump feature a little closer to the rostrum would help us old men with tired eyes though
Old 01-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

The tyres seemed to last better on the wood too. Carpet was tearing them up before.

Interference wise, I run a futaba 3cvs with a spectrum module. Possibly microwave possibly cctv depepnding on frquency. but I would have thought that the cctv would be on all the time, if it was on. whereas the the kitchen closed and the interference went.
Old 01-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Wiki quote-
Microwaves are electromagnetic waves with wavelengths ranging from as long as one meter to as short as one millimeter, or equivalently, with frequencies between 300 MHz (0.3 GHz) and 300 GHz

So quite possible that it was a microwave.

Hmmm. how is that one resovled? 40mhz? 27mhz?
Old 02-12-2010

Im running the same set up Tel with no glitch issues , so its a bit of a strange one
Old 02-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hmmm, odd.

Maybe its time to completely revamp all the elecs in the car.
Old 07-12-2010

Default Pre-Petit RC Warm Up

Team Durango Winter Series Round3 and Pre-Petit RC warm up Sunday 19th December.

Your last chance to run on the track before the 2011 PetitRC. Track will be more like what we will run for the PetitRC 2011. So book in and get some air time.

Either PM or email me at sales@ardentracing.com with your name and formula you wish to run (and PT, BRCA, ability 1-100 and frequencies if you have not yet raced in the series).

John.
Old 07-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotussmart View Post
Team Durango Winter Series Round3 and Pre-Petit RC warm up Sunday 19th December.

Your last chance to run on the track before the 2011 PetitRC. Track will be more like what we will run for the PetitRC 2011. So book in and get some air time.

Either PM or email me at sales@ardentracing.com with your name and formula you wish to run (and PT, BRCA, ability 1-100 and frequencies if you have not yet raced in the series).

John.

Hi John,if we booked in for the first round,does that put us in for every round?
thanks

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Hmmm, odd.

Just use the Microwave to control the car instead of the TX .

Jolly Goodz.
WBMCC.
Team Autocare and Cycles.
Old 07-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Hmmm, odd.

i found that the steering servo was the problem with mine,when it buzzed when you turned it it was the right noise to mess with the speedo,

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486