Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 17-12-2010

Default ADVICE ON RACEING BUGGY PLEASE

HI NEW ON HERE,just bought me a mardave for some fun indoors while the winter is here,can somebody please tell me a good buggy to buy to start and race in and out doors please?thank you
Old 17-12-2010

Default Hi Mollski

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollski View Post
HI NEW ON HERE,just bought me a mardave for some fun indoors while the winter is here,can somebody please tell me a good buggy to buy to start and race in and out doors please?thank you

Hi there mollski, I'm in the same boat as you, my mardave just came yesterday

As well as this I've got a team associated b4, tis 2wd, v affordable both on here and the bay 2nd hand and they can be raced indoors and out. Up until recently had the b44, which is abit more costly than the b4, but equally a good car.

Do you know if your after 2wd/4wd? and what your price limit for the purchase will be?
Old 17-12-2010

hi matt jt ive got no idea at all which ever is best for a new guy without spending hundreds,may get same has you what do you think to yours?
Old 17-12-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

you wont go wrong with a b4.

but in a harry hill voice......... there is only one way to find out.... POLL POLL
Old 17-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollski View Post
hi matt jt ive got no idea at all which ever is bestfor a new guy without spending hundreds,mupy get same has you what do you think to yours?
I've found the b4 to be a v good car, spares are easily accessible, and as said they go for around 50-80 2nd hand.

Some ooplers may say that a 4wd is easier (etc b44) and some will say that 2wd is better - I never got to race my b44 as sold it to get the mardave, however have managed to get the b4 up the track and did find that it handled well, and I have so far managed to not break a single part.

Setting the b4 is up is pretty simple, and fully upgradeable to b4 ft level if you want to.

Mind you tho, I actually prefer my short course on the track, I have a slash, but think most would prob go for a hpi blitz or team associated sc10. Short courses I think on the whole are a bit more 2nd hand, do come up both on here and the bay quite regularly.

If you have a track near to you, is well worth going down there to see what their running, that's why i went for the b4's as that was the main car that my track ran, makes sense too, as can get advice around set ups and good for sharing spares potentially.

Doing this should be your first step in my opinion really.
Old 17-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
you wont go wrong with a b4.

but in a harry hill voice......... there is only one way to find out.... POLL POLL

OMG, how did I miss that opportunity to recommend one dagnammit
Old 17-12-2010
Mad Member

b4's are a really good car the rs version is good just need a couple of hopups such as turnbuckles balljoints front bulkhead,the ft (factory team) is stronger and comes ready to win,i run a t4 at the moment but no1 races them quite good tho as it just plows over buggies!youll want a good steering servo for it tho
Old 17-12-2010

..........actually if you decide on a b4, drop me a pm, going to be selling mine on - (with or without electric)s, theres a photo of it in the team associated car's gallery, tis the black and white one.

Decided to actually just keep the short course for the outdoor and invest in a tam mini to go with the mardave for indoor antics
Old 18-12-2010

Hi Mollski,
I started racing 3 years ago. first year with a B4 and then the last two with a B44. If i could turn back the clock i would have started with the B44.
My advise would be to go 4wd if you are inexperienced. The reason being that they are more forgiving and easy to drive.
Also the B44 seems to be surprisingly durable.
Old 18-12-2010

i wouldnt bother with a 4wd buddy get a 2wd miles more easy to maintain and will always better your skill of driving
Old 18-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Get to you local club and ask to have a go with a few.

I always found the B4 a little skitish and unpredictable personally, the Kyosho RB5 is MUCH more forgiving and easy to drive.

Find what suits you buy trying them, nobody will be able to recomend a car for you in all honesty!
Old 18-12-2010

quite a difference of opinion.
as somebody said, go to your local club and have a go. that's what i did and loads had B4's so I got one too. that way there were folks i could borrow bits from if i broke something.

whatever you get, I'm sure you wont be disappointed.
Old 18-12-2010

I think a decent second hand RB5 or B4 is your best bet.
In my opinion the RB5 is the better car but the spares are more expensive.
Old 18-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

And so it begins.......

As normally happens on these thread, everyone recommends what they have, not whats right for you! Just so its clear - I don't have B4. I did once, but I prefer 4wds, so I sold it.
However, thats the reason I'd agree with those recommending it. Because most racers will have owned one at some point it time, practically everybody understands them and can help with setup and repairs. And with lots of other B4's (and X6's which use a lot of B4 parts) out there, if you break something somebody always has a spare.
Is it a better car to drive than (insert name here)? Possibly not but having a better chassis that you can't use because it broke in practice and nobody has a spare wishbone for it isn't much fun. Its far more important to have a car you can keep on the track, which has to be the B4's biggest selling point.
The other good thing about the B4 is that the B4.1 Brushless RTR is pretty much everything you need to go club racing (just needs a lipo and charger) and be reasonably competitive, for just £200. It can be upgraded as you wish, but it doesn't need to be.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 18-12-2010

HEY THANKS GUYS looks like a b4 for me then