Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 29-04-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by truggy lover View Post
i agree but when the local model shop sells i.e. a novak gtb2 @ £120 and i can get it from hongkong for £65 inside a week what are you going to do

its not the shops its the TAX TAX TAX they have to pay look a little closer to westminster .............................
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4nut View Post
What the tax that the shops pay and you break the law by not paying?

what takes the piss is when you bring somthing in and hm customs over charge you!

i bring some stuff in from hong kong legitimatly, pay my taxes etc, last lot cost me 86 pounds to buy and ship, hmc charged me £24 in vat!! after 40 mins of chasing/calls they admitted they had over charged me, now where is my incentive or trust to rely on them and pay my dues?
this country is screwed even the officials dont have a clue whats going on in the real world.
20million on security for today
Old 29-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
this country is screwed even the officials dont have a clue whats going on in the real world.
20million on security for today
Why whats happening today!!!

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 29-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by big air View Post
I after agree with you there, Sadly i think it doesn't matter if it's RC car's or the price of a paper clip and Petrol the UK will always be at the extreme end of the price market due to the fact we are all soft touches, We don't say nothing or do nothing about it so nothing will change and things will just keep getting more expensive.

I was reading somewhere that some things that a manufactured here in the UK are cheaper to by in the US and other parts of the world and that's when they have been shipped there. Just another case of rip of Britain.

I do support Model Shops here in the UK but i also buy from HK. Wonder how many people from abroad buy RC kit from the UK

The UK is the soft touch capital of the World and i can't see it changing anytime soon.
Why do people always moan about rip off britain, the reason we have taxes and such like is because we have things like NHS, Income support, Disability allowance, education etc, these all need to be paid for these other countries you keep talking about i fairly sure don't have all these things in place, and i'm sure if for example you had to pay say £40 every time you payed a visit to to your Dr you would soon be moaning, you just have to accept that if you want these things then they need to be payed for and that is by us tax payers.
Old 29-04-2011
Mad Member

Default Local shops

I think we are straying from my original question
I dont buy from hong kong I do support my local modelshops by going in having a chat and buying over the counter.
My point was why is a set of kyosho slipper pads £8.99 in one shop and £12.87 in the other shop same original kyosho part???
Both shops are local to me

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 29-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenterdean View Post
Why do people always moan about rip off britain, the reason we have taxes and such like is because we have things like NHS, Income support, Disability allowance, education etc, these all need to be paid for these other countries you keep talking about i fairly sure don't have all these things in place, and i'm sure if for example you had to pay say £40 every time you payed a visit to to your Dr you would soon be moaning, you just have to accept that if you want these things then they need to be payed for and that is by us tax payers.
and royal weddings which blow 20million just on security!!
Old 29-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
I think we are straying from my original question
I dont buy from hong kong I do support my local modelshops by going in having a chat and buying over the counter.
My point was why is a set of kyosho slipper pads £8.99 in one shop and £12.87 in the other shop same original kyosho part???
Both shops are local to me

Buds
I'm sure it's been covered. It depends when the shops bought there stock and also what profit margin they are working on to cover there overheads.
Old 29-04-2011

Send a message via ICQ to truggy lover

LMAO is this still rumbling on get over it
Old 29-04-2011

I love how a simple question can end up about how bad things are in the UK!
Old 29-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeayen View Post
When I got into RC when I was about 8 ( 30 years ago ) there were a lot more local shops than there are now. Walking past and seeing stuff in the window got me and my dad walking in and having a chat with the guys in there, then for Christmas lucky me got my first kit, a Tamiya Fox.

Now the price of kits alone for the shop doesn't let them carry as much stock unless they're a huge outfit. The high street local shop is fading and without your support they will all disappear. Without them people won't find the stuff so easy, if less people join the hobby and they sell less the prices will go up to reflect this even further.

Using your local shop and keeping it going isn't just about buying in the UK it's about keeping the shop on the high street so the next excited 8 year old can walk past and his dad can say I used to do this when I was your age shall we go in a have a look...

Maybe the video game generation has taken hold but at the same time I'd be gutted to see any more local hobby shops close !
+1 - but as this thread ably demonstrates, people look after themselves, not anyone else, and certainly not the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenterdean View Post
And not forgetting huge insurance premiums because everyone claims from everyone else for the slightest thing. The thing that really gets me is the first thing to blame for all this is the immigrants, but all the complaints on here are slipshod work on the part of white anglo-saxon protestants!!

Quote:
and royal weddings which blow 20million just on security!!
...and generated over £100m in foreign currency through tourists who come here to see it. And I bet you won't bother to vote in the next election or the AV referendum Mark. I don't know why you bother, why not go and live in another country if you're so pissed off with this one!!
Old 29-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
...and generated over £100m in foreign currency through tourists who come here to see it. And I bet you won't bother to vote in the next election or the AV referendum Mark. I don't know why you bother, why not go and live in another country if you're so pissed off with this one!!
oh and that goes into the system to pay back the outlay costs does it??

i have allways voted. trouble is i vote for the guy who is best for my area, however he is not in the party i would put into goverment!! again pissed up voting system
Old 29-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
oh and that goes into the system to pay back the outlay costs does it??
Ultimately yes, as it is the treasury that receives all the extra taxes generated by the wedding and it is the treasury that distributed the £20m accross the various departments that spent it.

But now we are really digressing!
Old 29-04-2011

lets play with toy cars and leave politics alone
Old 29-04-2011

At the end of the day it's not the Model Shops that are bumping the price up it's the suppliers who are and the Government who wack the price up on everything and hope we don't winge.I hate Suppliers who say International warranty doesn't work in this country and if you buy abroad your goosed if it fails+ Some shops say that.

Shouldn't the maker of motor/speedo's ect have a world wide warranty Doesn't matter where it was bought that any UK shop etc need to uphold?

Isn't that the only way every country pays around the same price for everything?
Old 30-04-2011
Mad Member

As a Distributor we agree to manage Warranty issues for goods bought in the uk.

Thats why we dont manage for good bought outside UK.

I think the price issue for goods bought in uk has been answered already.

I dont know how old some of you guys are but trust me Modelling is a lot lot cheaper now than it ever has been.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com