Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 14-05-2011

Default Share your best DEX410/R tips with us :D

So,Share your best DEX410/R tips with us
Old 15-05-2011

- Throw your kit bearings in the bin and get decent ones straight away. It will save you a lot of time trying to find the binding problem.
- In hotter climates dont use the a TEKIN RS/RS PRO.
- Dont get blinded by diff oils for setup get the right tires ie what the fast guys are using at your track and use kit setup and tune from there. Then worry about diff oils. I use 1000wt rear and 3000wt front, me likes a bit of drift though.
- Build diffs right the first time (No1 TIP). Your car will be noisy there is nothing wrong with it, dont spend time trying to quite it down.
- If struggling for space use an aftermarket shell. (i have LRP TC V2 in mine with and Futaba monster size receiver)

Hope it helps If any one needs more help PM me.

For the record this has been the hardest car for me to setup in 15 years of racing RC. My car is now dialed and it is a pleasure to drive and i love it, despite all the haggling from my fellow racers at my club. It nearly went for a trip in the bin though.

Cheers
Old 15-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Follow the build tips on the DURANGO website End of and if you have problems either question somebody you know who has one or ask questions like you allready have on oOple
Old 15-05-2011

In hotter climates dont use the a TEKIN RS/RS PRO.

This isnt exactly true , maybe for the rs as it can only handle down to a 4.5 .

I have the rs pro and havent had any issues with it. It has the updated software an all.
Old 16-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffman View Post
In hotter climates dont use the a TEKIN RS/RS PRO.

This isnt exactly true , maybe for the rs as it can only handle down to a 4.5 .

I have the rs pro and havent had any issues with it. It has the updated software an all.
lol Maybe i should clarify what i meant be hotter climates. Any where in England i would not claim to be a hot climate. Im talking 35 degrees + weather in which i race in most weekends in summer. Ive seen RS PROS over heat in 2wd with 10.5 motors geared right due to climatic conditions.
Old 16-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoD1S View Post
- My car is now dialed and it is a pleasure to drive and i love it, despite all the haggling from my fellow racers at my club. It nearly went for a trip in the bin though.

Cheers
Just curious, what cars are your fellow racers running?
Old 17-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC John View Post
Just curious, what cars are your fellow racers running?
Im in Australia not many people run durango here, most cars at my club are B44/B44.1, Yokomos, or ZX5 FS2's. Its all good i do very well my rango.
Old 17-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoD1S View Post
Im in Australia not many people run durango here, most cars at my club are B44/B44.1, Yokomos, or ZX5 FS2's. Its all good i do very well my rango.
We have a lot of B44s here as well, but the Durango population is slowing increasing. While I'm not exactly setting fastest lap times with my durango at the moment, I'm pretty sure once I get her setup, I'll be faster than all the B44s.
Old 20-05-2011

I covered the center CVD's with used driveshaft boots (TD310023) to decrease wear from dust/dirt.
Added longer screws with locknuts on the outer diff cases.
Also, I use 2 set screws on all of the 2mm drive pins.
And, to make greasing the pinion and ring gears super easy, I drilled a small hole in the top half of the cases, and sealed the holes with a small screw. While in the car, the screw can be removed to inspect the ring gear, and to inject gear grease with a small syringe, which also helps to measure the amount of grease used. I've been using these mods for months with no toasted diff gears. As a matter of fact, I sometimes swap the front and rear diffs to get a little more usage from them since they drive against opposite sides of the teeth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-04-13_20-01-50_810_edit0.jpg (112.2 KB, 43 views)