Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 16-01-2012

Default TC02C conversion kit and brushless motor

Hi guys, I decided to finally use the TC02C conversion kit I bought months ago. Everything has gone well, but when the car was finished, I tryed to put a brushless motor, but it didn't fit since the rear end of the motor touched a part of the chassis (it's difficult to explain in English, but at the rear end of the chassis there are two "protuberances" where the screws that link the rear T to the chassis ended, anyway I've attached a picture from the manual). I use an Ansmann brushless motor (Xirius Race 10T).
The only thing I've done differently from the manual is that I've tryed to mount the motor before linking the whole rear end to chassis, instead in the manual first you mount the rear end with the motor and then link it to the chassis, but I don't think that this could be the matter, since I don't think that you have to disassemble the whole rear end in order to change your motor...
Thanks for your help and sorry for my English but I'm Italian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TC rear end 01.jpg (64.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 16-01-2012

Hi,This is a common issue especially with speedpassion motors and those with wide spaced leads.There is a previous post somewhere but you need to dremel off a small amount of the wishbone mount/rear t mount on the chassis.

Also if your conversion is from a mad rat etc then there is a collar missing for the slipper clutch assy that fits between the first plate and bearing to stop it rubbing,you will need this also.

Hope that helps.

My Feedback..http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85397
Old 16-01-2012

Thanks a lot! I'll try to solve the issue with the dremel.
Do you know if I'd have this issue also with a TC02C or X2C, or it's only related to the conversion kit?
Thanks again
Old 16-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapanz View Post
Thanks a lot! I'll try to solve the issue with the dremel.
Do you know if I'd have this issue also with a TC02C or X2C, or it's only related to the conversion kit?
Thanks again
I didn't have an issue with TeamC T2C and Speed Passion V3 motor.
Old 16-01-2012

They are the same so the rubbing issue applies to both.

There is only one position the speed passion motor fits but obviously with a specific size pinion so you must have been lucky straight out of the box!I believe thinking about it it was the 21 tooth pinion that fitted on mine but dremeled it away as was still to close(however if you fit the motor and speedo first it will not cause install issues later mainly when the motor is being installed built up)
Hope it all goes ok.

MILKY

My Feedback..http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85397
Old 16-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILKY View Post
They are the same so the rubbing issue applies to both.

There is only one position the speed passion motor fits but obviously with a specific size pinion so you must have been lucky straight out of the box!I believe thinking about it it was the 21 tooth pinion that fitted on mine but dremeled it away as was still to close(however if you fit the motor and speedo first it will not cause install issues later mainly when the motor is being installed built up)
Hope it all goes ok.

MILKY
I have a 19 tooth pinion, and I fitted the motor afterwards. I do remember I had to rotate it for the connectors to fit.

T2C has a different motor plate to that of TC02C, X2C and the conversion kit(s), but it shouldn't make a difference.

I can re-check in a couple of days when I'll build it back to mid motor configuration.
Old 09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mof View Post
I can re-check in a couple of days when I'll build it back to mid motor configuration.
Forgot to post info about this. Speed Passion V3 motor fits with room to spare on my T2C. Pinion size does not seem to matter. Obviously it matters in what position the motor is rotated so that no connectors are in the wrong place.
Old 09-02-2012

I've just received from JE Spares the Team Orion Vortex VST Pro and it fits perfectly without any kind of dremel.

Ansmann Racing X2, X2C, X4, X8e
HPI E-Firestorm 10T
Team Associated SC10