Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 08-02-2012

Default New to Ansmann

Hi guys,

Am new to the ansmann stuff and have a few q's

I got myself a good second hand x2c setup and want to rebuild !!! Am after a screw set ( stainless ). Where do you guys get them from !!

Also is the b4 front hub and rear cvd a good option or should i just run with the ansmann setup ?

And help much appreciated
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Hi Stew,

Good choice I brought a load of screws from http://www.modelfixings.co.uk but you can't get all the same size as the ansmann ones, I struggled with the gearbox screws and a couple of the countersunk ones, but they do have a good range of screws and some I just spaced out so they fitted. They come in seperate bags with the sizes on so it easy to start re-building with the right size.

Haven't bothered myself to run the associated wheel set up, the hexes are fine but I would recommend getting hold of a set of alloy ones as the plastic ones do tend wear down and bind up after a while. Get the 4mm ansmann ones and that helps get the car to fit in the scrutineering box at regionals and nationals.

Seeing as you brought second hand I would recommend getting some new nylon idlers and put them in so you know that you have the right idlers for the gearbox, Ceramic diff balls and some xray diff plates make the drivetrain pretty much bulletproof.

Other than that check out the X2C build tips thread for some good tips

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 08-02-2012

I used the Simply Screw kit from Modelsport. I wouldn't build another car without using one of these again.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/simply-r...products/36452
Old 08-02-2012

For the screws you can try rc-screws.co.uk (UK) or hexcrews.com (USA) they both have amazing stuff. I prefer Hexcrews products, but S&H time is quite long (at least to Italy) and if you live in the UK you'll have cheaper S&H costs with RC-Screws
Old 08-02-2012

Take a look at Spalding Fasteners as well for screws. I spent about the same money with them as I would on a "screw set" to get most of the right sizes and had loads spare.