Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
i think someone with a brand new range rover vogue se aint doing so bad thats from you bunch of suckers
dont defend this arsehole
Would you stop quoting yourself all time, I know you must love the sound of you're own text... but it's getting annoying

I'm not defending nor championing anyone. I'm simply saying these things happen. Especially when ordering from over seas. I've order things from a Finland based RC company quite often and I've paid for express deliver (2-3 days) but I'd never consider bashing them if something takes a bit longer to get to me..shit happens.

The OP even got told that it was going to be delayed, I'd call that pretty good service all round actually compared to some other industries.

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 10-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote by Kaylon.."the OP lives in Northern Ireland...there is an entire 'Sea' Between Wheelspin and the customer..."

It's not the bloody pacific were talking about here, it's Northern Ireland, part of the UK. As Cardnim has already posted, our Royal Mail sorting office is second to none in the rest of the UK. Many, many times have I had stuff delivered the very next morning after ordering from the mainland, sometimes not having ordered it till the previous afternoon. Our postmen and women don't swim the Irish sea you know.
Old 10-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylon View Post
Would you stop quoting yourself all time, I know you must love the sound of you're own text... but it's getting annoying

I'm not defending nor championing anyone. I'm simply saying these things happen. Especially when ordering from over seas. I've order things from a Finland based RC company quite often and I've paid for express deliver (2-3 days) but I'd never consider bashing them if something takes a bit longer to get to me..shit happens.

The OP even got told that it was going to be delayed, I'd call that pretty good service all round actually compared to some other industries.

J
tit
Old 10-02-2012

lol, agreed, sometimes things do get delayed. However, i think people have a right to complain about some places. Every order i have had frmo WS has taken absolutely ages to be delivered.
Now im not complaining, just stating fact.

I would complain however if i had paid for next day, and it had been sent anything less as in this case.
Old 10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
tit
ROFL

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazhillAE View Post
Never had any issues with wheelspin they have more stock, better stock and seem to deliver a lot quicker than any other shop.

There website is easy to use and covers every part also unlike others!

Big fan
i use bolton model mart, je spares and modelsport and the service is excellent and delivered within next day on normal 1st class mail,never more than 2 days.
Old 10-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Regardless of what you buy, and from where, if you pay extra for next day delivery and the items aren't with you 2 working days later something is wrong. It might be the shop, it might be the courier, but either way you've got grounds for complaint.
Furthermore, no shop should take a next day delivery charge for an item they don't currently have right in front of them. Even if they are expecting a batch of said item from the distributors that very day until they physically have them they are taking a gamble with your money. After all, distributors are human too and can screw up orders just as much as shops can.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 11-02-2012

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
Quote by Kaylon.."the OP lives in Northern Ireland...there is an entire 'Sea' Between Wheelspin and the customer..."

It's not the bloody pacific were talking about here, it's Northern Ireland, part of the UK. As Cardnim has already posted, our Royal Mail sorting office is second to none in the rest of the UK. Many, many times have I had stuff delivered the very next morning after ordering from the mainland, sometimes not having ordered it till the previous afternoon. Our postmen and women don't swim the Irish sea you know.
It's for this reason I'd often take the supposedly longer Royal Mail option than a courier.

About the only time I can remember Royal Mail failing to deliver (it was for my brother's computer business) was when their plane tragically crashed in the Irish Sea, killing both crew.

As far as buying from web shops is concerned, you're protected by the Sale of Goods Act and Distance Selling Regulations.

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
Called Wheelspin this morning, was a different guy I spoke to, couldn't be more apologetic. A full refund has been offered if I return the items unopened. The reason for the delay he said, was because I'm in N. Ireland, I don't buy this for a minute because I've ordered from various shops on the mainland and the stuff has been here the next day, 2 days at most. In saying that, they have offered to resolve my problem by way of a refund, so not a total loss. I paid £23.30 to Wheelspin for 2 sets of rear inserts with next day delivery, this was on Monday, it will infact be 1 whole week before I get them. Just be aware if ordering from them.
£23.30 for 2 sets of inserts Bet Wheelspin Models was pissing themselves when you put this order through, are you mad
Old 11-02-2012
Mad Member

lol...in this game I think it definately helps if you are a bit mad.... I'm getting a full refund anyway so not too bad. Noticed on Friday, Schumacher had some in stock so I ordered 2 sets from them. Just arrived via Royal Mail this morning(Saturday) at 9.20am. Now that's service. Wheelspin take note, and less than half the price too.
Old 11-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

AKA rallyx inserts are about 10quid ish I think, so yes mate I think there are some costly ones out there.......I can't for the life of me think why they are so costly

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
that last line sort of makes you look like you just spoke bollocks!!
Now THAT's bollocks.

You can see my comment is praising their service and that I say you can't slate a company for the odd mistake.

Funnily enough the order actually arrived this morning. Fair enough, a little late but then everything else has come in 24 hours so I wouldn't slate them for that, as it will be Royal Mail's fault, not theirs.

No have a little foresight before calling people experiences or opinions bollocks.
Old 11-02-2012

ive always used wheelspin models they are excellent ,they cater for the RTR market mainly and do that very well,you cant expect them to have everything in stock ...they actually carry over 100,000 seperate parts at all times ,you can't please everyone and cant stock everything, if its shadow stock or not in stock go elsewhere ...its not a kidney its a part for your toy car!!! ....if you order stuff special order shadow stock etc expect to wait a few days big deal ....also WTF has what car the owner drives got to do with anyone apart from him ....should i judeg you for what you drive??
enough with the wheelspin bashing if you dont like it go elsewhere ....patience is a vertue which many of you obviously dont have .....
Old 11-02-2012

I have no problems with wheelspin models that have a good stock of hot bodies spares and have given me good service.
Old 11-02-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layloo9136 View Post
Now THAT's bollocks.

You can see my comment is praising their service and that I say you can't slate a company for the odd mistake.

Funnily enough the order actually arrived this morning. Fair enough, a little late but then everything else has come in 24 hours so I wouldn't slate them for that, as it will be Royal Mail's fault, not theirs.

No have a little foresight before calling people experiences or opinions bollocks.
not changing my opinion, its still bollocks to praise someones service then say oh it took two weeks for my parcel to come..... mbmodels post my gear to me recorded so they know i have it and i know cuz mr postman leaves me a note if im not in, now that is service!!
Old 11-02-2012

The thing to remember with shipping is always that next day delivery is 1. only as good as the delivering agent, and 2. only next day from the day shipped.

So if you want next day delivery from the day you ordered, you also need same day dispatch, some shops quote a 1 to 2 day processing time before the order is even shipped, then it is another day for the next day delivery.

I really don't mind the shadow stock another warehouse blah blah as long as it is clear what is actually happening, if you know its being ordered in and you really want it you know you have to wait but you do feel misled if you haven't been told that the item is actually being ordered in and may take a lot longer if not in stock with the importer, and don't get any updates to reflect that.
Old 12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizka View Post
<badly puctuated text>...its not a kidney its a part for your toy car!!! <more badly puctuated text with insults>
Its a part for a tool used in a hobby, irrelevant if its a toy car or a real car. If its needed to alllow competition then its important enough to get upset about.

My experience of Wheelspin has been, check the website, not in stock, find somewhere that has it in stock, buy it.

Its always important to remember that its the bad feedback that gets made public, the good feedback pretty much always stays at the shop. Whiners whine here, praisers do it to those it matters to.

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 15-02-2012

Well boys iv used wheelspin quite a few times and found them to be generally a waste of time, and lie like there's no tomorrow, so I try to avoid them and use je,spares, demon, action modle center and apex much better services that's for sure.