Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

I dont think you can tell people that they can or cant race based on where they live.

End of the day if they are willing to travel and pay to race its better for numerous reasons, better competition, more money for the hosting club.

I have raced in both North East and Mid West regional series' as well as North West and have been welcomed in both. I would like to show that same support to people who want to come and race on our tracks in the NW.

The only problem we have of over subscription is because we have both classes on one Sunday, there is ONLY ONE WAY to solve this.
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
People with post codes outside the northwest region should not be allowed to book in for northwest regionals.i know some people prefer the one day 2 classes thing but if that's not the way it's done in the region they live well they need to take it up with the brca rep in their region. It's their problem not ours.

Example:- one bloke lives in east yorkshire but prefers the one day format so let's say he's in the top ten to fire emails off the the relevant clubs and so he's booked in for all northwest regionals.so then some one like me dos'nt get his emails off and is then forced to travel far greater distances for twice the number of times due to the 2 day format!!!! Absolute farce and totally unfair in my eyes

Sort it out the stu wood!!!
Sorry don't agree with that at the end of the day the racer pays there entry so they should be able to race were ever they like

Do agree there should be a central booking in and pay in advance liike other people have mentioned

And just getting people to do one class would free up places would this be able to be done for this years regional series ?

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Central booking is a good idea and was talked about last year but something happened that stopped the idea going forward at that time.
Central booking is a good idea untill a driver doesn't have paypal or any of the other methods of pre payment.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Just get someone with Paypal then give them the cash that not to much of a problem

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 01-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Whilst I don't think you should bar racers from outside the region entering, they should only be there to fill up spaces. After all the point of the series is to allow racers in the north west to clock up points towards an F rating. If your F rating is being calculated from a different series then why hog spaces in somebody elses?

How about you are only allowed to race in one regions series. Free choice on the region - if you don't mind the travel why not, but you must declare the one only.

The reason this issue matters is that once again the NW series is now shut out. Not booked in yet? Well no point now as you won't get in enough rounds to score.

This is not the way to run what is after all the grass roots of the sport. The whole idea of regionals is that you don't have to travel too far, opening it up to the regular club driver, but many are being put off by the mad scramble for spaces.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

Well said Si thats basiclly what I wanted to say!! What a diffrence a phd makes

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 01-03-2012

there used to be non region heats for drivers running other series
Old 01-03-2012
Mad Member

You can only score points in one region thats already a rule,
Old 01-03-2012

in all fairness we went through this crap at the beginning of last season and yet here we are again
Old 01-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I know you can only score points in one, so why take the space of someone who could score points if you can't?

It would make sense if non-scorers are automatically on the reserve list for example.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
I know you can only score points in one, so why take the space of someone who could score points if you can't?

It would make sense if non-scorers are automatically on the reserve list for example.
There are no non-scores booked in.
Old 02-03-2012
Super Moderator

Nobody has scored in any region until the first round is done and both first rounds of the NW and NE are on the same day?

Now if someone can be in two places at once I would like to see it?

This is dejavu from last year, everybody who turned up to Southport got to race, I don't remember anyone being turned away from Batley and by the time we got to round 3 at South Lakes, it rained a bit and half the people went home!

The region is run to BRCA rules which state anyone can race in any region but only score points in one.

If you want to change the rules go to the BRCA AGM, put your rule change in writing and get it voted through.

Dave Budfish, I know you are better than these comments:-

People with post codes outside the northwest region should not be allowed to book in for northwest regionals.i know some people prefer the one day 2 classes thing but if that's not the way it's done in the region they live well they need to take it up with the brca rep in their region. It's their problem not ours.

BRITISH NATIONAL 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2012
BRITISH NATIONAL SERIES 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2013

Old 02-03-2012
Mad Member

I know what you mean I didn't intend for it to come across as so "I'm all right jack"

But it dos'nt stop the fact that the region is over subscribed and the system in place at the moment is slightly unfair with regards to people who don't have Internet access 24/7

Last year I was only available for 4 dates on the calendar southport round 1 being one of them unfortunately I didn't get my email off quick enough and didn't get in there for not being able to complete 4 rounds I dropped a f-grade so that's why I have voiced my opinion on it.

I don't wish to exclude anyone from anything(apart from captain lip) but I also believe everyone should have a fair crack of the whip.at the moment our hobby is having a bit of a revival with lots of new racers coming through how wish to run regionals so there fore we need places freed up to allow them to see what is expected when racing at anything other than a club meet.

I'm very open minded how we deal with the problem and the points I've put a cross in this thread are just ideas I'm not saying they are right or wrong or better than anyone else's just my personal views

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 02-03-2012

I find it strange that we've lost Keighley from our regional list this year with the club closing due to lack of racers, and yet Southport books up in 30 second flat...
Old 02-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The problem is racers aren't evenly distributed across the region. Plus a lot of people race whats run locally.
For example, there are a couple of 1/8th clubs around Preston, but none further south - thats heavily 1/10th with Southport and Bury.

Also plenty of successful clubs that can't run regionals. Ribble Valley is a very popular club, but its on Fridays, its indoors and its pretty flat, so they couldn't host a round of the series there. But unsurprisingly their members would like to take part too.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 02-03-2012
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
I find it strange that we've lost Keighley from our regional list this year with the club closing due to lack of racers, and yet Southport books up in 30 second flat...
not taking any sides but the first post is over a week old,
and first post is asking people to book in for the first regional
Old 02-03-2012

I know, and I am lucky enough to be booked in. But still, it's not like any of the rounds will dead
Old 02-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
not taking any sides but the first post is over a week old,
and first post is asking people to book in for the first regional

Very true. Or you could say the first regional booked up in under a week. Its the same thing, different perspective.
I guess it depends on whether you consider that ample time or not.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 02-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Very true. Or you could say the first regional booked up in under a week. Its the same thing, different perspective.
I guess it depends on whether you consider that ample time or not.
20th of Feb is when the first booking was received, and the last one before a reserve list was started was 29th so my maths makes that over a week.

Si coe, did you send a email to book in? If not you can have mine.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 02-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No - I've not booked in as right now I can't be sure I can do the required 4 rounds to qualify so I'm not taking up a space. I didn't run last year for the same reason. This is something I feel quite strongly about, strongly enough to apply it to myself!

Oh, and the fact that my wife only lets me out to Bury club meets because I'm part of the committee.

Thanks for the offer though!

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC