Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 25-03-2012

Default RC on a budjet

There you go Mal. How to do it on the cheap, LYHO.
Have a word with Mark !

Last edited by Ray Mac; 26-03-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: differant wording.
Old 01-04-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Thumbs up Harry Vaulkhard....

Just found this while looking for BTCC info......

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/mot...9310-30667514/

Good Luck Harry

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 01-04-2012

Default TC Harry

Thank's Dex for bringing Harry's good news to the club's attention.
As the oldest member of our club, I'm sure I speak for all members, old and new, to wish Harry all the luck in the world, on his latest venture in the full size car racing. I take it, it goes without saying, we'll all be following his progress on the T.V.whenever it is broadcast.

Once more Harry, best wishes good luck.
Call and see us anytime you can.

"Old man Ray"
Old 03-04-2012

Well a new record for numbers last night with only 12 turning up, only 11 actually made it to the track but on the plus side we all got in 5 rounds and a final at a nice chilled out pace.
Don’t forget no racing on the 9th as it’s a bank holiday so hopefully see some of you back there on the 16th
Old 16-04-2012

Default stuff for sale

i have a selection of b44 shells/undertrays & wings, some matching sets...all very cheap as ive now converted to b44.1 shells

i'll be along tonight if anyone is interested
Old 17-04-2012

Well a little better turn out last night with 16 racing - 10 buggies & 6 TC’s.
Nice to have the Shears back.
Still plenty of grip providing some close racing.
Still a lot of people missing tho? Phil Haines, have you retired again? Plus point of this being that everyone gets 4 Quali and a bit of a break between races.
Anyway hopefully be a few more nest week - and someone please remind me that the loop needs repaired BEFORE the first Quali J
Old 17-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty boys motorsport View Post
i have a selection of b44 shells/undertrays & wings, some matching sets...all very cheap as ive now converted to b44.1 shells

i'll be along tonight if anyone is interested
I didnt make it last night. I might be interested in taking a look if you have these the next time i can get there.

B44
B4
B4 Vega
Old 24-04-2012

Well another quiet night last night with 14 on the track. Nice to see 2 new faces there tho, hopefully you both enjoyed it and will come back again.
Just a couple of reminders for you all, May 13th is the fastlane motor show at Corbridge Rugby Club where we’re intending to put on a race day for buggies and TC’s outdoors on the grass and tarmac. The more the merrier so please make an effort to come along if you can for what should be a good day with free entry to the show as a bonus! Anyone definitely racing or likely to come along please let me know so I have an idea of numbers.
http://www.fastlaneshow.co.uk/
Racing is on next week but not the week after due to the bank holiday.
Hopefully see you all next Monday
Old 01-05-2012

Well a quiet night again last night with 14 racing, how we’ve managed to go from 29 a few month back to regular 14’s now I have no idea but nice to see another new face on the track in Luke and a second time return for Steve Allan.
Strange lack of grip on the first round last night but improved massively through the night.
Gary Armstrong flying all night lap time wise but held out till the final to put a full race of them together and Jonny Clark showing how to drive in the buggy heat.

Anyway, less than 2 weeks to go to the fast lane show where we’re running a meeting which also gets us free show entry

Please please please check out the website and come along if you can for what could be a really cracking day.
We do have enough people to run but anyone not racing last night who is definite or a maybe please let me know.
The more we have the better it will be.

www.fastlaneshow.co.uk/
Old 01-05-2012

hi mark and fellow racing buds, sorry myself and matthew havnt been able to make the last few weeks racing, i have taken a day off work for sunday 13th so u can put me and matthew down as two definites, as i havnt had a chance to speak to u can u tell me what time are u getting there for and also if u need any help with equipment, track transportation etc let me know, see you all soon
Old 04-05-2012

Welcome back to oople Mr Anderson - was wondering where you'd dissapeared to!
I'm not too sure on times yet but good to hear you'll both be doing the show and look forward to seeing you then.
Keep an eye on here and I'll post more details on gates open/setup times once I know them. We've split the race control gear to take so that's sorted and I'll likely take the van to set it up in. I've also blagged a loan of a new reel of rope to set the track with so should be sorted on that too.
Old 07-05-2012

just a little question about the motor show on 13th may, will there be power point to recharge batteries
Old 07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR ANDERSON View Post
just a little question about the motor show on 13th may, will there be power point to recharge batteries
Peter - yes we'll have power to charge
Old 14-05-2012

HI GUYS,

popped along to tyne met tonight and would just like to say thanks to Mark for making me so welcome. I used to race many years ago and i'm hoping to restart, (i was never very good tho). I look forward to meeting you all again next monday. Cheers Ray.
Old 15-05-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster

Will be there next week first time for ages (dam bank holidays and shifts)

Also have for sale a "XXX Main" Chassis setup guide for Touring cars.........£5

Will bring it on monday if anybody is interested

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 15-05-2012

Well by far the quietest night we’ve had since moving to the venue, running at a loss on the night again. Come on lads, if you want to have a club to race at you need to support it!
Nice to have one potential new racer turn up to enquire about coming along racing - or rather old racer who used to race at the club at the Wallsend Memorial Hall before it even moved to Longbenton!!!!!! Hope to see you back next week.
So well done to Jonny Clark on being the first buggy driver to win the TC final - yes we were that quiet!
Thanks to those who came along to the Fastlane show on Sunday, a bit windy but I think everyone enjoyed a bit of fun racing and looking around at the somewhat more expensive full size cars there, Ferrari 288 GTO, original Ford GT 40, 2 Lancia Stratos and an Alfa 8C being the highlights.
See you next week?
Old 15-05-2012

yep im back on monday as well.....and may be running a 2 car buggie team....so hopefully someone i can beat
Old 15-05-2012

Well, an hour watching the guys on monday has done the trick for me. I've bought a touring car and if it arrives before monday i'll bring it along, bit if it doesn't i'll still come along to watch.
Old 23-05-2012

Well a much better turn out last night, maybe the rallying call worked - 16 racing, still not crowded but way better than the previous week with an even split of buggies & TCs, Buggies getting 2 heats and TC’s all crammed in one although we did run 4 4car finals.
Well done to Kieran on winning the TC B final with some very tidy driving, keep it up Kieran, just proves how much faster you go with a bit more care and a bit less throttle!
A new Buggy driver last night in Paul’s son Kevin and Ray Norton along with his new car although not yet racing it.
Hope to see you all and a few more again next week.
PS did anyone know or speak to the guy in the red jacket who watched for a couple of rounds, by the time I got a chance he’d gone?
Cheers
Old 24-05-2012

HI,
can anyone recommend where i will be able to buy a 13.5t motor and esc package from as i have taken out the 8.5t motor and esc from the car i bought and want to install a complete new set. Does Phils in North Shields stock them?
Cheers
Ray