Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > REAL 1:1 Cars

Old 29-03-2012
Mad Member

The thing is the strike isn't even in effect yet, all the scare mongering the government are doing has got all tabloid press going on about it and it's causing this ridiculous panic buying.

My girlfriend works at a petrol station and they ran out because of it yesterday ???

Apparently Supermarkets have their own drivers so any of them that sell fuel won't be affect and the the army are going to pick up the pieces and drive the other tankers anyway which is another **ss take because they're on less wages than the tanker drivers who are striking and they're the ones fighting wars when they're not over here picking up the pieces for people who have jobs but are moaning about them.

I've been unemployed for six months now, if someone wants to teach me to drive an HGV and load unload petrol I'll willingly take their jobs.

I'll get back down off my soap box now

My paintwork thread
Old 29-03-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A View Post
Bio diesel from Sheffield area is currantly £1.27 Vers diesel which is hitting £1.47-£1.48 at pumps so there are ways to save money with the currant high diesel prices. And becouse the weather is warm you only need small amount of diesel mixed with the bio diesel.

Also VW,Audi,Seat and skoda diesel cars from 1996 onwards can run 100% biodiesel as per manufacture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
All depends how often you want to replace filters, injectors Wouldn't touch the stuff myself.
agree if you want to kill a moderen diesel use it, defo dont put it in a ford though
Quote:
Originally Posted by TARTMAN View Post
I used to use it years ago in my recovery transit, old girl, bit slower but was ok, till fuel pump went bang. not the most expensive but still a few hundred, and was mostly due to the bio. So the money i saved went in one pop.... Its OK if you mix plenty of normal white quality deisel with the bio, but not alone. so now i just use normalk deisel. safer.
sorry warning too late......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoolaa View Post
why not put a spare tank where your spare wheel goes and connect to that and when stopped and dipped the fuel not being used in the dummy tank will be ok, lol
there clever and take a sample from the engine pipes too, they can even test if you have removed the dye which is possible
Old 29-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Also VW,Audi,Seat and skoda diesel cars from 1996 onwards can run 100% biodiesel as per manufacture.

NOT TRUE AT ALL ..... I work for a company that manufactures diesel fuel systems, we have equipment fitted to some of the very latest VW (amongst many others) and if you run anything more than B10 (10% bio) bye bye any warrentee .... now that WILL get expensive in the long run!!!!
Old 29-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
NOT TRUE AT ALL ..... I work for a company that manufactures diesel fuel systems, we have equipment fitted to some of the very latest VW (amongst many others) and if you run anything more than B10 (10% bio) bye bye any warrentee .... now that WILL get expensive in the long run!!!!
Sorry For the miss information

1990-2004 100% bio diesel
2004 till now 50/50

Morrisons were already selling b10 diesel on there forcourts and most other forcourts are supplying b5 diesel at momment as per new legislation.

Any information is for educational purposes only and if adding biodiesel to your car please make sure you are aware of what you are doing.

Old 29-03-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
^^^^^^ fords policy too so be warned. repair bill is in excess of £2000
Old 29-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:

Really, can you find proof?

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 29-03-2012
Mad Member

It's a corker. The Laws of Natural Selection are being warped and we are surrounded by idiots whipped up into a frenzy by another load of rich idiots in Government.

Yesterday they were queueing out onto the road to get fuel here. Now they've all filled up the forecourts were empty today. There's no strike, they cannot strike without 7 days notice, and they don't decide on that until Monday. So nothing can happen until after Easter.

In my view you cannot pay enough to find the level of professionalism required to take charge of a bomb big enough to relocate most towns into the next county, drive it safely along our crowded roads, and safely deliver its cargo to my local fuel station. If paying them whatever they are asking for continues an excellent safety record, why is anyone arguing? Oh, I forgot, the negotiators are also a product of the Laws of Natural Selection that have been interfered with by legislation and process...
Old 29-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just been reading that the extra fuel sales have made the goverment more than £32 million in extra fuel excise duty. Halfords have reported sales of fuel cans up by by 225% which the tories will gain tax from too. What a plan. Need more tax announce a strike and advise we all stock up.
Old 29-03-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

All the panic buying is hilarious - apart from to those who need fuel and end up not being able to get it.

As PDW has said, any strike can't happen until after Easter now, so those that have "panicked", I presume aren't planning on driving anywhere between now and then to ensure they have fuel. That can only be a good thing, as it will leave the roads nice and clear for the semi sensible amongst us. Idiots.

As for Bio Diesel, I'm sure my Seat specifically mentions against running it - last one certainly did, but can't remember if this one does. Modern "high power" diesels are fussy enough, without giving them an excuse.
Old 29-03-2012
Mad Member

Even Buncefield didn't really do that much damage, except to the immediate locality, certainly not "city flattening", maybe a small village, if it was really really close by, and that was a couple or three orders of magnitude more fuel than a tanker.
If you want to look at proper dangerous stuff thats tankered around the UK, some of the catalysts they deliver to chemical plants all over the UK will actually flatten large chunks of a city. They burn really fast. Really, Really fast. The term "blast radius" is an understatement.

The drivers used to get paid the same rate as normal lorry drivers, give or take a bit.

And BTW, some markets/manufacturers use dye tags in the fuel system, so if you use red, or whatever colour it is where you live, the stain will stay there until the car is scrapped. The same tags (along with some extra clues) can also be used to let us know if you've been using biofuels........ or cooking oil.

FWIW most markets are selling ordinary EN590 with between 5 and 10% bio content now. (Think 8% is the "stock" blend in most of northern europe.)
Old 29-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This site seems a good idea if you want to share the costs of your journey. You say where your going they pay you for a seat.
www.blablacar.com
Old 30-03-2012

I need to get a jerry can of fuel for the mower and strimmer this weekend.

How do I do it without looking like a knob!

Pulling up in a big engined car and leaving with £5 of fuel in a can just isn't going to look very cool.
Old 30-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

JEFFIN stupid. not filled up all week, just as normal, now I need some fuel, no desel anywere, my truck is running on vapor. why the F*"k is the panic! we have no supply problem, and even if they went on strike they have to give seven days notice.

This just goes to show how far a poloticians head is up his arse. but I supose with a 172% increse in fuel sales in the last few days the tax man will do very well this month!

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 30-03-2012
Mad Member

Default yep

End of tha tax year and they have a couple million extra in there pockets, scum, the british sheep are pathetic to panic etc etc etc....... idiots. simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
JEFFIN stupid. not filled up all week, just as normal, now I need some fuel, no desel anywere, my truck is running on vapor. why the F*"k is the panic! we have no supply problem, and even if they went on strike they have to give seven days notice.

This just goes to show how far a poloticians head is up his arse. but I supose with a 172% increse in fuel sales in the last few days the tax man will do very well this month!
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 30-03-2012
Mad Member

i actualy needed fuel this morning as my fuel light came on yesterday and i had to queue in a queue of over a mile long just to get petrol, and i wouldnt mind but i bet 90% were panic buyers and not genuine (need fuel) buyers like myself, i only stuck £20 in as that will last me ages but when i was about 30 cars away from the station the fuel was priced at £1.35.9 a litre, by the time i got the 30 cars distance and had my front wheels on the forecourt of the local esso / tesco the fuel price had gone up to £1.39.9 a litre, i wouldnt have thought that would be allowed but we had to pay it.....cant believe how many panic buyers there are out there, and how the government and companies can cash in like they are....
Old 30-03-2012

Most garages in Peterborough are out of diesel at this time, why did the government panic people into making extra provisions for the possible tanker driver strike?

The most expensive garage I have found today was in a town called Kimbolton, where there local garage are selling diesel at £152.9p a litre!

When I first started driving leaded fuel was only 45.9p per litre and diesel was 39.9p (happy days).
Old 30-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Norwich is this the same, no derv, the most anoying bit is there is no supply problem....so why the panic?

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 31-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
Even Buncefield didn't really do that much damage, except to the immediate locality, certainly not "city flattening", maybe a small village, if it was really really close by, and that was a couple or three orders of magnitude more fuel than a tanker.
If you want to look at proper dangerous stuff thats tankered around the UK, some of the catalysts they deliver to chemical plants all over the UK will actually flatten large chunks of a city. They burn really fast. Really, Really fast. The term "blast radius" is an understatement.

The drivers used to get paid the same rate as normal lorry drivers, give or take a bit.

And BTW, some markets/manufacturers use dye tags in the fuel system, so if you use red, or whatever colour it is where you live, the stain will stay there until the car is scrapped. The same tags (along with some extra clues) can also be used to let us know if you've been using biofuels........ or cooking oil.

FWIW most markets are selling ordinary EN590 with between 5 and 10% bio content now. (Think 8% is the "stock" blend in most of northern europe.)
I'm class 1 Hgv driver and also a dangerous goods licence holder i have both dangerous packages and tankers on my dangerous goods licence .I live in Manchester so can't really get petrol tanker job as the nearest is stanlow 50 miles away so not cost effective to travel that far.
As dangerous goods Hgv driver the laws and legislations are absolutely ridiculas
1. ADR (dangerous goods road transport)
2.uk domestic law
3.european working time directive
4.health and safety legislations

My salarey is near £30k based on 48 hrs per week annualised which I think is ok for a driving job but the tanker drivers get £45k so 50% More than I do which I think is wrong some of the acids/organic peroxides/oxidising agents we carry make petrol look like water. We have one tanker driver at our work he goes and picks up thinners or ethernol and is regularly followed by MI6 because it's so dangerous and in the wrong hands really could take out a full city.

I reckon the tanker drivers should stop listening to the legalised protection racket (union) UNITE as bob crow is a £1000 a bottle wine drinker what does he know about driving a tank? Tanks are really really safe it's the dicks that drive them that are unsafe. I was drove a tanker full of powder I went into a corner a bit to fast the weight shift lifted the inside rear wheels off the road. It wasn't the tank that was unsafe it was my poor driving/ in experience that caused the wheels to lift

This is dangerous stuff not only can it light itself it also produces its own oxygen creating a flaming cloud that can't be put out it has to burn out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98jOe...e_gdata_player

Screw the greedy tanker drivers

http://budsballs.co.uk

Last edited by Col; 31-03-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 22-05-2012
Mad Member

1.36 for diesel at Byker Bp!! looks like its comming down

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 22-05-2012

Petrol is 133.9p
Diesel is 137.9p

So the prices are coming down in High Wycombe