Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 22-10-2012

Default Slash 2WD

Hi Guys,

Fancy a slash 2WD VXL for bashing, probably some beach work too.

From what I've seen they're bomb proof and seem pretty rapid.

Is there any point in the extra price and maintenance of the 4WD?

Finally any other vehicles worth considering?

Cheers
Old 23-10-2012

4wd is easy to control, and many will say is faster. But bashing is about fun, and 2wd is unrivalled for it. I am 2wd through and through, 4wd is too sedate for me (that is just my opinion though!). Just to note, there is a truck sub forum, so you might get more replies about this stuff if you post there.
Have fun bashing!
Old 23-10-2012

Personally I would go with a blitz as they are easier to get parts for and are a good tough truck too
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 23-10-2012

Go with the slash 2wd,I've had one since they ever came out I've only bust a rear hub,they take a ton of abuse and once equipped with some rpm bits they are indestructible....
and 65 other pre 1998 iconic rc cars....

Nosram Novak Orion lrp Reedy Turnigy Futaba Schumacher proline

ACTIVE SCALE MODELS.CO.UK........better than some other model shop's ive been too...
Old 23-10-2012

I like the idea of the VXL as it seems you get manic speed out of the box, even on 2S.

Don't want the radio gear that comes with them though - shame you can't but them in anything other than RTR?
Old 23-10-2012
Mad Member

With a vxl and a 11.1 volt lipo you will get silly fast speed out of it. So fast you will struggle to keep it on the deck - the body acts as an air scoop and lifts the front at around 40 mph (guess could be 50)

Either way it will be fast as buggery

Te slashes I have had have been very tough - I've jumped it all over at skate parks - even half pipes at whatever I could hit them at and not broke them

Parts I always found as easy as ordering online though I haven't had one for maybe two years so wouldn't know the current situation

I'd go 2wd as well - personally I think 4wd is for mud!
Old 24-10-2012

Location: Nottingham till I retire, then Caribbean or Palawan.

For playing about and bashing I'd go with the 2WD too, it uses the ancient Traxxas 272 tranny which nowadays with metal gears is indestructible and a piece of cake to maintain. The rest is pretty familiar Traxxas stuff

If I wanted the 4x4 I'd get the new Rally car 1/10 instead and fit SCT wheels and bumpers to it. It is basically a Slash 4x4 with a low centre of gravity chassis from the factory

As for Traxxas parts availability I find everything online, between Apex Models, Wheelspin Models, and Modelsport my every need is catered for Occasionally I do resort to Ebay for certain after market parts that are only available in America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynney View Post
Don't want the radio gear that comes with them though - shame you can't but them in anything other than RTR?
Tell me about it! Annoys me too... You could always get a roller from Ebay. Mightymodels often has them available for about £100 if I remember right.
Old 24-10-2012

The 2wd is definitely a more skilled drive from personal experience, infact i'd almost go as far as to say it's more fun. as you say, its pretty bomb-proof and there are plenty of parts out there if something goes majorly wrong. I'd even consider an XL cheap and drop in something like an ezrun for a bit of bashing. Either run it on 8.2v nimh or 2S and you'll have a great time.