Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 05-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Right, looks like I will go the 1s route, even though a bit pricey for me.

The open question is will I end up having to move over to let the 2s boys past at club? Guess time will tell!!

I think the way you have the rules written currently ARE ambiguous and need some attention. Sure you will sort it out though.

Now to get hold of the kit I need .... any problem running a Futaba 9550 servo from an Orion 1s ESC or will I need a booster?

I dont think you will have to move over but it would be down to the track design, tight and twisty and they cant open them up

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dodd View Post
I dont think you will have to move over but it would be down to the track design, tight and twisty and they cant open them up
I run / ran 2s, (in the process of changing now)

In my opinion the car had a little more punch out of the corners than the 1s. This is not a good thing as you can not carry the speed thru the corners as it would push. The top end was the same.

So the cars are faster at diff parts of the track, but all in the lap times are very close to each other.
Old 05-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Right, looks like I will go the 1s route, even though a bit pricey for me.

The open question is will I end up having to move over to let the 2s boys past at club? Guess time will tell!!

I think the way you have the rules written currently ARE ambiguous and need some attention. Sure you will sort it out though.

Now to get hold of the kit I need .... any problem running a Futaba 9550 servo from an Orion 1s ESC or will I need a booster?
Roger, you should be fine with any of the current 1S ESCs. Futaba make excellent servos and they are reliable and economic with the amps. Also, the load from those two skinny little front tyres (says the 12th guy - ) is low so current draw will be lower than a TC or buggy.

I see lots of cars with TC servos running on 1S speedos with no problems (and none yet with a problem), so I'd give your choice the thumbs up! HTH
Old 05-12-2012

Send a message via MSN to russmini

Well, a lot of people do seem to get themselves in a muddle and lose it a little when it comes to whats what and what they need to run for what etc.

I myself run a 2S Speedo, on a 1S LiPo without a booster and it runs fine. I use a KO PDS2413 Servo, (the only servo in fact that i run in any of my cars, i now have four of them ), HB/HPI 13.5 Motor and at Club, Turnigy 5600 LiPo's (These are Not legal at Nationals though), at Nationals, Speed Power 6200. Oh and Spekky Micro SR3500 rx.

Never had a problem with punch, speed etc etc.

2S i would say is not really quicker, unless on a huge open track, which don't really exsist anyway... So just go 1S - 13.5

Oh and apart from the rx and servo, everything else, inc car, shell and 2 LiPo's cost me £150 second hand, bargain if you ask me
Old 06-12-2012
Mad Member

Full details of your speedo make and type, set-up and photographs of your chassis, please. If you've found a way to run a 2S-only speedo on a 1S pack then you will make a huge number of people very happy! Thanks.
Old 06-12-2012

Pete,

It's a HW Justock - http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=250

Works fine on 1S with no booster

The only 'trouble' i've experianced is on track designs that have really sharp, sudden switch backs and more than one very close together. You can sometimes get a 'judder'. I fitted a Cap and it sorted that problem out. Just helped it get back out from dead stops.
Old 06-12-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
Full details of your speedo make and type, set-up and photographs of your chassis, please. If you've found a way to run a 2S-only speedo on a 1S pack then you will make a huge number of people very happy! Thanks.
pete russimi is russ who sat opposite me at chesterfield
Old 07-12-2012
Mad Member

Complete set up please Russ. Need to know what receiver and servo you are running, as well as the cell you use.

There is a post in another thread claiming that someone can run 1S cells into 2S speedos with no receiver pack or booster. My concern is that people think you can do this with anything and you can't. Many receivers require a minimum of 5V to operate, and many servos will be so slow that drivers will not be able to control the car effectively.

Your complete set up is important because if that does work, it is something you should recommend to others, and can be compared to the set-up of the the guy in the other thread. I would be very unhappy with the problem you had in tight corners, but others might be able to live with that.
Old 07-12-2012

Hobbywing Justock Speedo
Spektrum SR3500 receiver
KO PDS2413 Servo
HB/HPI 13.5 Motor
Turnigy 5600mah and Speed Power 6200mah 1S LiPo's (depending on club race or national)

Complete setup.
Old 07-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i know the dualsky 550 esc works on 1s as a guy at our club runs one will check tonight if he is there, to see what the rest of his setup is.

There is probably quite a few esc's that work fine on 1s but just dont advertise that they do..

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Old 07-12-2012
Mad Member

Russ, if you are at Tamworth I'll pop across and take a look. I never got this to work for me. Spektrum minimum voltage is 3.5v, and KO servos is 4.8v. Hobbywing say the minimum voltage is 4.8v. If there are people out there getting this to work we need to know which combos do the job so we can pass the information along.

My caution to anyone wanting to try this is that it has NEVER worked in 12th scale, and all drivers either use a booster or a receiver pack. Please don't assume this may work with any combination. Nonetheless, we can all share information and help each other, so let's suss out what works and what doesn't.
Old 07-12-2012

Pete,

No probs, i'll be there all weekend.

Also, just to clarify, the Legal LiPo's are Thunder Power, not Speed Power in case anyone was wondering what the hell i was on about...

Oh and i have to use a MRT bug, as the AMB only works from 4.0 Volts, so a non goer immediately. Gotta love the boys at MRT
Old 09-12-2012
Mad Member

I took a gander at Russ' set up. It is exactly as described and it seems to work just fine. I can only assume that since his cell has such a large capacity it does not drop below 4v and that's how he gets away with it. Thanks for you time, Russ.

You try this at your own risk. If you do try it, make sure your receiver is rated down to 3.5v, and that you use a high-quality, low power servo from either KO or Futaba. Anything from Savox, or any of the high-power servos from TC or 10th Off-Road will likely render this set-up unable to cope and shut everything down. It almost certainly won't work with one of the Sport packs below 4000mAh as the cell voltage will be pulled too low. HTH
Old 10-12-2012

Just to add as well, using the Turnigy Nano-Tech 5600mah LiPo's we tested an 8 minute final once, just to see how things coped. All was fine
Old 10-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Had a word with the chap running the dualsky 550 esc and he said he just turned the lipo cut off off and put it into stock blinky mode and works A ok.

I have since tried this with my dualsky 850 whilst still in my 2wd buggy and works fine even powering the high torque savox servo and 8.5 bl in the buggy from 1s, once ive found a setting that works i will post it up.

Old 10-12-2012

by putting it in stock /blinky do you mean just putting the speedo to zero on timing etc, not found a blinky programe for mine
Old 11-12-2012

For the guys that are interested in 2S esc setups here's mine. Only run the one club meeting so far (last night) 2 x 5min qualifiers and 1 x 6min final, it ran faultlessly all night and came off barely warm each time.

ESC = Dualsky XC550TF-MJ in profile 1 (Default Sportsman) (Auto Cell set to 0 = Off)
Motor = Speedpassion 13.5V3 (as it came out of the box)
Servo = KO PDS-2413ICS
Receiver = FrSky TR4 (Futaba FSSST compatible)
LiPo = Turnigy A-Spec 6000mAh
Old 11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by danharding View Post
For the guys that are interested in 2S esc setups here's mine. Only run the one club meeting so far (last night) 2 x 5min qualifiers and 1 x 6min final, it ran faultlessly all night and came off barely warm each time.

ESC = Dualsky XC550TF-MJ in profile 1 (Default Sportsman) (Auto Cell set to 0 = Off)
Motor = Speedpassion 13.5V3 (as it came out of the box)
Servo = KO PDS-2413ICS
Receiver = FrSky TR4 (Futaba FSSST compatible)
LiPo = Turnigy A-Spec 6000mAh
You will have no issues on 2s its 1s were wanting to build info and sets ups off
Old 11-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
You will have no issues on 2s its 1s were wanting to build info and sets ups off
The Turnigy A-Spec 6000mah is 1S so it is a 1S setup using a 2S only rated ESC.
Old 11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
The Turnigy A-Spec 6000mah is 1S so it is a 1S setup using a 2S only rated ESC.
Correct.