Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 22-02-2013

Default how many different preds

There has been many changes to the pred from its original xt. but how many versions has there been of the buggy. touring and rally car
xt. pro95. Xk98 .p8. X10. x11-08. X11 lipo. what have i missed out lol
Old 22-02-2013

95', National, International, XK98, P8, then the x10 etc. Thats how i remember it, I had an International, Alloy diff holders and stuff. Glad to see the back of that, got a XX4 after it Good times.
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 22-02-2013

There was the xk5 !!!
Old 22-02-2013

There was also a p9 but not many of these were ever seen
Old 22-02-2013

Am guessing the xk5 and p9 are ttech cars rather than tenth technology. mmmm i got more to find
Old 22-02-2013

Ttech and tenth technology are one and the same
Old 22-02-2013

But i mean they where made under the ttech banner instead of tenth tech

gonna be hard to find. am looking for a wide tiuring car too
Old 22-02-2013
Mad Member

Thumbs down

P9?

There were loads if them - they were rebadged x10 in a bid to keep centerpoint out of administration!

Don't forget the sexiest pred ever, the Mitcham edition. If anyone has an original one forsale
Old 22-02-2013

Wasnt the mitcham a international . with a little lexon bit on the front wing
Old 22-02-2013
Mad Member

Off road
XT
95 One
95 Pro
National
International
XK5
XK98
XK98 Mitcham
ETQ
P8
X10
XRS
X11

On road
95 Tee
DTM
Supertouring
T1
T1S
Streetwise
To be absolutely correct, there were different models of on road and Streetwise kits depending on which body was included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic View Post
But i mean they where made under the ttech banner instead of tenth tech
The company name was and always was Tenth Technology Ltd. T.Tech was shorthand for the company name as it was quicker to say and quicker to write down, in the same way we never say "Automobile Association" and just call it the AA. Ttech was never an official company name.
Old 22-02-2013

The p9 was going to be after the p8 ( obviously ) but never came out I think Richard made only a handful it was mentiond once in radio race car I believe
Old 23-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
Off road
XT
95 One
95 Pro
National
International
XK5
XK98
XK98 Mitcham
ETQ
P8
X10
XRS
X11
Almost right Terry.... its actually goes :

Predator
Predator XT
95 One
95 Pro
National
International
XK5
XK98 Mitcham
ETQ
P8
X10
XRS
X11
X11-08 Lipo

These are the supposed 'retail' kits, i.e. the ones you could buy over the shop counter in the UK.

The first Predator launched at the end of '93 was just called... Predator.. the 'XT' was added to it in '94. Techincally the same car, but were sold & named differently.

There was only one XK98, it was never retail sold as anything other than the XK98 Mitcham.

And of course the X11 Lipo is a different beast to the original X11, more than enough to warrent it as another kit/version.

So thats 14 off-road Predators by the TTech/Team Xtreme timeline.

There have been other Factory Team Driver modified cars which turned into production cars, which is where sometimes confusion come apparent - like thinking there were different retail versions of the same car, like the XK98 & the XK98 Mitcham Edition which Terry mentions. The XK5 William Mitcham modified that eventually became the only retail XK98, the XK98 Mitcham Edition for example.

Other confusion reigns as some earlier cars were sold with different coloured anodized parts to use up stocks - a few XK5's were sold with Blue parts from the International/National parts stock for example. Same car, just different coloured anodizing.

There was also a fair amount of aftermarket stuff available too - Paul Worsley & DC Racing for example used to make modified aluminium parts like motor mounts and wheel hexes. Put it all on and suddenly people thought it was a different version !

There was the original part-alloy Predator that was seen in the first ever adverts also, boy id love to get my hands on that one...

And the car that was mentioned after the P8 was i believe talked about as the 'Predator GT', which eventually became the Predator X10. As has been said, a few test-bed cars were seen and reported on but nothing made it to retail badged as 'P9' or 'GT'.

There has been talk of a X11 XRS for a while now, but nothing has been commented or updated on that for a long time.

Im not sure, but i think that Team Xtreme later sold the first saddle-pack X11 as a modified kit later on with Big-Bores on instead of the standard shocks, i suppose technically that could be counted as a 3rd version of a retail X11 too, although i dont think it had a different name - more of a 'running update' or to use up stocks of existing parts ? Im sure they could confirm or deny that one. Havent put it in the list as im not 100% sure on it, or if its different enough to include it...

Im not up on the tourers, but what Terry has listed on them looks correct to me.

Last edited by Dyna; 24-08-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 24-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
Almost right Terry...
I thought I did well considering I'm known as a Kyosho/Schumacher/Tamiya expert.

Quote:
The 95 One was as rare as rocking horse poo, it being a downgraded black fibreglass tub version ( bit like the National/International ). Some chassis were made & tested, but literally only a handful. Im still trying to find out if any were actually sold to the public as kits other than those initial test bed cars. Other than the small adverts in RRCi and the '95 One' labeling on the boxes of the 95 series, im not sure it was actually sold as a complete retail kit. Not 100% on that one though.
I added the 95 One to my list purely because I came across it while checking shop adverts in magazines, so if the likes of Modelsport were listing it in their adverts then there must have been an actual retail version.