Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 09-04-2013

Default What servo fits - DEX410

Hiya

Could anyone let me know what servo (full size) they have in their 410 please ? I bought a TowerPro MG995 just to use as it's cheap but it doesn't fit. Looking at the dimensions of most full size one's they are about the same so I don't want to spend out on a servo to find its to big.

I prefer going for the larger size as they have more torque so (hopefully) could withstand a bit more punishment hopefully.

Help as always appreciated

Cheers

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 09-04-2013
Mad Member

I've got a Savox 1258 in mine which works great
Old 09-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy Wizz Kidd View Post
I've got a Savox 1258 in mine which works great

yup 1258 fits and is a superb servo
Old 09-04-2013

I have had 2 savox's break now in off road though, hence going for a different brand.

I will look for one with the dimensions of that model though if this fits

Cheers guys

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 09-04-2013
Mad Member

I have Ko pds 2343 fet in all my 410's
And never had a problem
I did try speaking with you at maritime
Old 09-04-2013

Whats the name friend ?

Old 09-04-2013

PS..im looking at a KO RSX at the mo, they look nice

Old 09-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The highest brand at JE looks promising and pretty cheap for a new servo.

Im using ACE 1015 and have been for a couple of years, great servo

Ive just put the Ko Power RSX in my 408, not as fast as the response but strong as heck. Haven't tried it more than the back yard tho

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 09-04-2013
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo90 View Post
Hiya

Could anyone let me know what servo (full size) they have in their 410 please ? I bought a TowerPro MG995 just to use as it's cheap but it doesn't fit. Looking at the dimensions of most full size one's they are about the same so I don't want to spend out on a servo to find its to big.

I prefer going for the larger size as they have more torque so (hopefully) could withstand a bit more punishment hopefully.

Help as always appreciated

Cheers
unless its a over sized servo it should fit, what part catches or is to big and were does it touch if you don't mind me asking
ps were running a savox 1256 in mattys but we had in a ace and a sanwa
Old 09-04-2013

Sanwa,Ko,Airtronics and Futaba full size all fit.
Old 09-04-2013

Savox is not option for me any longer
Not possible to drive together with Tekin
Savox need so much energy, for me Savoy is a faulty design
Old 09-04-2013

I have used Savox on all my cars for a long time and have never had any problems, 1251/6/7/8 servos can't be beaten for the price.
Old 09-04-2013

As always in my live, if i bought cheap, i have to buy twice.....
Better to pay more and have the best quality
Old 10-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
unless its a over sized servo it should fit, what part catches or is to big and were does it touch if you don't mind me asking
ps were running a savox 1256 in mattys but we had in a ace and a sanwa
It's catching on the rear/front wishbone hanger, and also the servo spine sits out about 3mm to far forward so once the arm goes on it is jammed agaionst the reciever. The MG995 is a bit taller than the rest though, about 43mm tall and all others are about 40mm and just fit snug.

Im going to go for the RSX as I like the spec and years back used to use KO servo's anyway.

I have been using Savox up till now, but a 1256 broke in my 2wd (the pot under the spine shifted and now if you cente it the servo still spins, turn it about 20 degree's from centre/left and the servo stops = pot now off centre. Same thing happened to a 1251 low profile in the 410, hence needing another servo. Needs to be something with a little meat to it so it can handle a few bumps.

Cheers for the input guys, all is appreciated

Old 11-04-2013

Had a look around and not many have the RSX in stock. Given the regionals are just over a week away I found a Futaba BLS156HV on offer at JE - £89.99 so took the leap. Given it's a 20Kg rated servo im hoping that can take a few knocks.

Im also going to see if my old Xray servo saver might fit on with a little fiddling to ensure the servo's life. As much as the DEX410 has the servo saver in the arm, I want to try and double up on that. The Xray one is quite heavy duty so should be man enough to cope. Will find out come tuesday

Old 11-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo90 View Post
It's catching on the rear/front wishbone hanger, and also the servo spine sits out about 3mm to far forward so once the arm goes on it is jammed agaionst the reciever. The MG995 is a bit taller than the rest though, about 43mm tall and all others are about 40mm and just fit snug.

Im going to go for the RSX as I like the spec and years back used to use KO servo's anyway.

I have been using Savox up till now, but a 1256 broke in my 2wd (the pot under the spine shifted and now if you cente it the servo still spins, turn it about 20 degree's from centre/left and the servo stops = pot now off centre. Same thing happened to a 1251 low profile in the 410, hence needing another servo. Needs to be something with a little meat to it so it can handle a few bumps.

Cheers for the input guys, all is appreciated
1251 is not good/strong enough for the rigurs of a 4wd, a few lads at my local club had them in K1's and shredded the gears far too easily.
the 1258 savox is titanium geared and well suited to 4wd's