Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 15-05-2013

first time out at a race meeting with ant and tm2 gratham sun 2nd round quali 4th overall and fastest lap of day then rains came.
set up we had on was 30w front 20w rear kit springs all round.
shocks front outer top and bottom, rear top mid hole bottom outer and 1mm rear roll bar.
front wing 30mm, b4 wheels all round only diff to kit cougar sv2 front hubs in line washer behind pin rear to stop binding. ant ran another car in wet as he did not want to get new car wet as it was so good.
john ran our setup and like it all we did on his car for wet was move rear shocks in one hole top bottom he did 2 laps before he started wet run with roll bar disconnected but told me to put it back on and said it was a lot better. will report on her what we find in future.
something I have found is do not run 4wd carbon rear shock tower it is not the same as moulded tower.
Old 15-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLYN WARD View Post
first time out at a race meeting with ant and tm2 gratham sun 2nd round quali 4th overall and fastest lap of day then rains came.
set up we had on was 30w front 20w rear kit springs all round.
shocks front outer top and bottom, rear top mid hole bottom outer and 1mm rear roll bar.
front wing 30mm, b4 wheels all round only diff to kit cougar sv2 front hubs in line washer behind pin rear to stop binding. ant ran another car in wet as he did not want to get new car wet as it was so good.
john ran our setup and like it all we did on his car for wet was move rear shocks in one hole top bottom he did 2 laps before he started wet run with roll bar disconnected but told me to put it back on and said it was a lot better. will report on her what we find in future.
something I have found is do not run 4wd carbon rear shock tower it is not the same as moulded tower.
Just bought a rear carbon tower - what's the problem with it?
Old 15-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

Hi Glynn, what problem did you find with the carbon tower?
Old 15-05-2013

carbon tower shock holes and wing holes are 3mm higher than standard one so drive shafts lock out on up travel. will keep you posted as we have lots of things we are looking at. ant took standard car last wed to blyth and let james helliwell drive it he bought one next day. ant says best car he as driven even better than vega.

one more thing I forgot in setup we ran gear diff with 7000 weight oil but are going to 10,000 weight
Old 16-05-2013
oOple Advertiser

The carbon upgrade tower (TU0429) is identical to the standard TM2 plastic one, its the kit carbon one out of the T4 which seems to be different

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696