Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 17-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post
I was a bit upset on the day not having that tyre to be honest though. I spent a fortune on tyres for this series making sure I had every tyre possible within reason too

All good though now, I never read the rules before.
i race there every weekend an theres only 1 person i know that used them before hand, other then that the people including myself only used them on the regional day to give them a go
Old 17-06-2013

Now if you had only raced 2wd on Saturday you could put any old tat worn out tyre on the front and get it to work. 4wd is the work of the devil, just say no
Old 17-06-2013

I'm gonna sit on the fence... I have raced at the venue a couple of times in the last couple of months so I guess if I thought the two rows were that good and people that were using them had a great advantage I would have made sure I had some for the day.

I have to say tho I can't seem to find any online tho Chris P?

At the end of the day we want the NE to be as popular as possible, the few years I have raced up here sometimes number have been a little low so let's not get too bogged down with too many rules and arguments... I'm sure the comments will be seen and taken into account maybe it will be different next year but nothing can be done now ..
Old 17-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek View Post
Paul how did you do in 4wd ...........
Well done for saturday ...........on reaching the * A *
Cheers, I was well please with the 'A'. Car felt good from start to finish on Saturday.

As for Sunday, I qualified 3rd in the B.

As for tyre selection as I think I kicked this whole thing off winding Danny up. I found the best combination of tyre in the 4th round with Proline Holeshot M3's on the front and worn yellow mini spikes on the rear with the inner and outer row cut off. Just wish I'd have tried them earlier. They were just right....

PS.....Danny, 2,3,4,5,6, yellow,green,blue,purple row studs wouldn't have helped you
Team Corally
Exotek

www.batleybuggyclub.com
www.rccarshop.co.uk

Trader Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169814
Old 17-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFarrand View Post
Cheers, I was well please with the 'A'. Car felt good from start to finish on Saturday.

As for Sunday, I qualified 3rd in the B.

As for tyre selection as I think I kicked this whole thing off winding Danny up. I found the best combination of tyre in the 4th round with Proline Holeshot M3's on the front and worn yellow mini spikes on the rear with the inner and outer row cut off. Just wish I'd have tried them earlier. They were just right....

PS.....Danny, 2,3,4,5,6, yellow,green,blue,purple row studs wouldn't have helped you
haha they so would of and you know it Ya gotta beat me sooner or later though paul. Even if it is by 0.2 of a second with your best combination of tyres
Old 17-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Brewer View Post
i race there every weekend an theres only 1 person i know that used them before hand, other then that the people including myself only used them on the regional day to give them a go
Funny that I asked about a few NE regulars the week before at the oople series race and was told green two row studs were THE tyres to have for 4wd in the dry. I had a 2wd set so stuck them on 4wd rims, and was laughed at when I got my car out with them already on for practice. I even told Danny the week before, and I know Peter from Castle models did a good trade with the last of his stock on the sat.

I did hear a few complaints about the track, but I liked it, and thought the club ran a good meeting overall. Yes the white track markings are a bit harsh in places, and I could see that it would be worse in 2wd, but the track was interesting and testing, different to what we have and run on in Yorkshire. I'll certainly come back.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 17-06-2013

are we talking of the tyres from 15/20 years ago slim front 2 row ....... i hope sooooooo ???????
Old 17-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Funny that I asked about a few NE regulars the week before at the oople series race and was told green two row studs were THE tyres to have for 4wd in the dry. I had a 2wd set so stuck them on 4wd rims, and was laughed at when I got my car out with them already on for practice. I even told Danny the week before, and I know Peter from Castle models did a good trade with the last of his stock on the sat.

I did hear a few complaints about the track, but I liked it, and thought the club ran a good meeting overall. Yes the white track markings are a bit harsh in places, and I could see that it would be worse in 2wd, but the track was interesting and testing, different to what we have and run on in Yorkshire. I'll certainly come back.
Thats what people may of been saying on advice from someone but only one person has run them at Dynamix that i know of an im pretty regular down there
Old 17-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post

Gotta say I was pretty jealous how well your car went round with them on. You were catching me after the straight every time
Old 17-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek View Post
are we talking of the tyres from 15/20 years ago slim front 2 row ....... i hope sooooooo ???????
Yup, those from 25 years ago. Find a picture of a topcat or misami's worlds winning cat xls.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 17-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Brewer View Post
Thats what people may of been saying on advice from someone but only one person has run them at Dynamix that i know of an im pretty regular down there
I thought it was a well known and tried/tested tyre. I must have got the insider info ;-) they worked anyway.
Old 17-06-2013
Mad Member

I was surprised no F1's turned up mind. I don't think I've ever raced a regional where there's been no F1's...!
Old 17-06-2013

I can't remember if I have driven a 4wd at dynamics, but I might have. It wasn't me who spilled the beans!! about the 2 rows. Was it Neil!!
Old 17-06-2013

Default Tyres

I have never raced at Dynamix before.
I used very worn yellow spikes on the front with 2 rows cut off
And worn yellow spike on the rear with 2 rows cut off
And qualified 8th in The A final

Ps I can get 20 sets of schumacher 2 row blue compound
If anyone is interested call me 07903389921
Cheers jason
Old 17-06-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
I have never raced at Dynamix before.
I used very worn yellow spikes on the front with 2 rows cut off
And worn yellow spike on the rear with 2 rows cut off
And qualified 8th in The A final

Ps I can get 20 sets of schumacher 2 row blue compound
If anyone is interested call me 07903389921
Cheers jason
Good job on qualifying, you were looking good in the heats too. You might of reached an f2 position with the studs on! Hope I can redeem myself at the other meetings. Feeling a lot better about them
Old 17-06-2013

Default Dynamix Raceway Team

Ladies and Gents.
I would just like to post a quick line to mention all the hard work and long hours the club members and volunteers put in to help me get the track and the field ready for the event. And Mike West for running race control (Very well done). Also the guys who stayed back and help put the rostrum away. Thank You

I have had a meeting with the skate park today and they have asked me to pass on a big thank you, for using the facility’s and purchasing food and drinks from the café as they are a charity it has really help them financially.

on the same note I would like to thank each and every one of the drivers and visitors who attended over the weekend for leaving the track and field area clean and tidy. ( last year I spent a hour tiding up when everyone had left.)

on a final note I really enjoyed the weekend Great crowed, good banter, good weather and some fun racing and the best thing is to see the clubs young drivers and new comers at their first event really enjoy themselves and the sport. Its weekend like this that will bring the new talent into the clubs.

See you all at Gyspies Green.

Last edited by paulywally; 17-06-2013 at 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 18-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers Paul. I think Mike, you and the rest of the members put on a good meeting think the club had a good space, which benefits from the good skatepark facilities being so close. Sure some of the old industrial land is a bit rough for camping on, but fine for pitting and parking round the track. Access is good, and It's easy to get to. I noticed a few kids, parents and skatepark customers coming to watch the racing. they all seemed genuinely interesting in what was going on. Future club members right there, if you can attract them in with an old club car for hire as a taster on club days?

I think later this or for next year you could look to put on a bigger annual open comp/cup meeting, similar to the Batley super cup, or RHR/Yorcc spring/autumn cup. You could certainly attract a lot of visitors from around the North, or down from Scotland, put the club a bit more on the map, and hopefully some funds in the club coffers and a bit back for the skatepark cafe takings.
Old 18-06-2013

Send a message via MSN to Gemma
Thumbs up

WOW! What have I missed!

Sounds like the weekend was a great success, and nice to see everyone coming together, and providing positive feedback to Mike & the Dynamix Club. I know how difficult it can be to set up, run and support Regionals, and the amount of time and effort which goes into organising these events!

Well done guys!

Sorry I couldnt make this weekend, packing for holidays- all go go go!

Wont be at S Shields either, but hope the weather is fair, and good clean racing boys & girls!!

Over & out!

You'll either love me or hate me!

Old 21-06-2013

Send a message via MSN to Kash

Here are a few pics from the weekend

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3949480...7634254062014/
Old 21-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Here are a few pics from the weekend

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3949480...7634254062014/
Nice one Kash!

Neal.