Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 22-07-2013

Default Savox Servo

Guys,

Couple of questions regarding these servo's:

- whats the difference between the high voltage and normal servo's ?

- Settled on a 1258 for my durango dex210 but if I wanted to get a better savox servo e.g cost was no issue which is the one to get that could be also used for future use in 4wd as well ? The 2270 through to 2274 seem to be the most expensive but are they best suited to 1/10 buggies ?
Old 22-07-2013

The high voltage servos can directly take 7.4v for those in 1/8th rallycross that use a Lipo receiver pack meaning there's no need for a voltage regulator. They can still be used at the standard 6v as well though.

The 2270 etc. are more expensive as they have brushless motors in them and to be honest are a bit overkill for 1/10th off road.
The SC1258 is a great servo for buggies, the other option would be the SC1257 which has a little more speed but a little less torque.
There is also the low profile SC1251 which is very popular too, although being smaller it does have less torque so be careful if you're running it in a car without a servo saver.
Old 22-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

SC1258 will be fine for 4wd as well as in 2wd.

SC1251MG is obsolete and was replaced by the SC1252MG, faster with higher torque. May be ok in 2wd with a servo saver, but will break gears without, and no good for 4wd.
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...tal-servo.html

Savox are a bit power hungry, so make sure you have a decent BEC in you ESC. Also there can be issues with spectrum radio gear, mitigated with a receiver power cap: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...protector.html

I'll be honest, after using other servo brands, I'd certainly recommend them over savox, but plenty of people use savox with no problems at all. You do get what you pay for.

Have a look at:

Xpert-RC Brushless Servos: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php.../xpert-rc.html
Tresrey: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...s/tresrey.html
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 22-07-2013

i agree with neal,i run a 1252 in a 2wd with servo saver and ive tryed to break it and its still going well.personally i would choose xp1015 or ace1015 (same servo but different sticker) or a futaba bls.
Old 22-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
SC1251MG is obsolete and was replaced by the SC1252MG, faster with higher torque. May be ok in 2wd with a servo saver, but will break gears without, and no good for 4wd.
The SC1251MG and the SC1252MG are both current servos. Trust me on this
Old 22-07-2013
Mad Member

used a 1251 in an FS2 and never had an issue have bought expensive Ace servos that have only lasted a very short time, but run Savox in 1/8th nitro and 1/10th with spektrum kit and never had an issue, personally i would not run anything else apart from Savox again and no I have never run a power cap.
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 22-07-2013

Hi Mate,

I am running a Savox 1258 in both my Dex210 and Dex410 with no issues at all.

I run a 1256 in my Dex408 1/8th scale.

I used to run the 7.4v Savox servos in my 1/8th Nitro and once i sold it my mate ran the servo in his 2wd at 6v.
I think the only difference is the spec is less at 6v than 7.4v

Old 22-07-2013

Buy your capacitor from giantshark, or from maplin / rs if you've an old servo lead to use. Model shops take the p*** with the price of these things!
Old 23-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodchris View Post
used a 1251 in an FS2 and never had an issue have bought expensive Ace servos that have only lasted a very short time, but run Savox in 1/8th nitro and 1/10th with spektrum kit and never had an issue, personally i would not run anything else apart from Savox again and no I have never run a power cap.
Funny that.mate ran a 1251 in 2wd ,bought new 1st time out small knock and gears stripped!.i have had a 1258 in a car that glitched and wouldnt work without a power cap.i have run ace servos without servo saver and crashed the hell out of the car and still spot on.end of the day its personal choice.i have a savox now 1252 and i think its good,i also have ace and think thats good,also got a prehistoric ko fet ps1001 and think thats good too.you pays yer money you takes your choice!
Old 23-07-2013
Mad Member

Default 1258 is awesome

I have used the 1258 in all my 2wd and 4wd buggies and never stripped a gear in 2 years.
Many I know have stripped the 1251 gears.

I do use a power cap in the receiver as mentioned they are power hungry and I have had glitching before, but a £4 power cap stops it totally.

My vote is the 1258......
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =