Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 24-01-2014

I forsee a whole load of people soon refusing to move from their marshall points!
Old 24-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4n View Post
I forsee a whole load of people soon refusing to move from their marshall points!
What is classed as safe? Some drivers are screaming at the marshalls even before their car has finished crashing, so, as marshalls we get there as quick as we can to please the gobsh**e that always appears at the track. Who can afford to be off work long term by having their leg broken by a car that has crashed in a seperate incident to the one they are recovering. Surly the insurance should cover every eventuality?
Old 24-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicky14 View Post
What is classed as safe? Some drivers are screaming at the marshalls even before their car has finished crashing, so, as marshalls we get there as quick as we can to please the gobsh**e that always appears at the track. Who can afford to be off work long term by having their leg broken by a car that has crashed in a seperate incident to the one they are recovering. Surly the insurance should cover every eventuality?
I totally agree with your sentiment but the point is the £17 BRCA membership is not enough to pay for this level of insurance. Think a figure of circa £30 extra each if everyone was included on policy has been mentioned previously (on this thread or another?) so BRCA membership of around £50 a year.

If we want this enough of us need to go to BRCA AGM and vote for it. I am sure Jim has said he did raise this at an AGM previously after being asked to look into it but few wanted to vote for it.

As already mentioned several times if you cannot afford to be off work for any period of time due to an accident, be it RC racing or slipping on the ice outside your house, then you need personal accident insurance. In my view this is something that should be left to individuals to deal with as everyone's circumstances are different and some will already have suitable cover.

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 24-01-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Rob pleased you have read the posts
Old 24-01-2014

Quote:
Ignore the driver shouting, if he has an issue send him to race control. You marshal how you feel fit, it you want to stay on your post fine, but I would not expect your self to be marshalled when u need to be.

If you can not afford to be off work buy yourself person insurance, so when you fall off a kerb, your covered, as your brca cover will not cover that either....
Old 24-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Ignore the driver shouting, if he has an issue send him to race control. You marshal how you feel fit, it you want to stay on your post fine, but I would not expect your self to be marshalled when u need to be.

If you can not afford to be off work buy yourself person insurance, so when you fall off a kerb, your covered, as your brca cover will not cover that either....
No need too be sarcastic Mark!! i asked a question thats all. But totally agree with shouting at marshals, ive raced on and off for 30 odd years now and ive drilled it into my son not too shout at marshals because of safty and respect, its not their fault you crashed. Lol
Old 24-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
No need too be sarcastic Mark!! i asked a question thats all. But totally agree with shouting at marshals, ive raced on and off for 30 odd years now and ive drilled it into my son not too shout at marshals because of safty and respect, its not their fault you crashed. Lol
I didn't think he was being sarcastic?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 24-01-2014
Mad Member

Bloody hell, this thing still going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydevon View Post
....got smashed in the shin by 11kg+ of rc lorry,
I was in the pitlane wearing Hi viz jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crtpromachine View Post
2nd accident serious soft tissue injury,ligement damage and in plaster for 4 months......wearing a high viz vest at the time
What does this tell us? You can jump up and down spouting rules but really, a hi-viz jacket is a bit like a man in a cherry picker with a hard hat on, what's the worst that's gonna fall on his head? bird shit. If he falls out, a single skin plastic hat aint really gonna save him.

I think as a visual aid for seeing a marshal is a passable excuse, but as for saving lives, curing cancer and eradicating 3rd world debt, you must be joking.

At the end of the day, it really is only knee jerk reactions by clubs etc to stop themselves having the absolute edit sued off of them by edit with no common sense and a speed dial to the nearest lawyer. I think of this topic now as closed.
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/

Last edited by Col; 25-01-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 24-01-2014

High-visibility (HV) clothing, a type of personal protective equipment (PPE), is any clothing worn that has highly reflective properties or a colour that is easily *discernible from any background.

*discernible
dɪˈsəːnɪbl/Submit
adjective
able to be discerned; perceptible.
"the scandal had no discernible effect on his career"
synonyms: visible, detectable, noticeable, perceptible, observable, perceivable, distinguishable, recognizable, identifiable; More
Old 24-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigbunt View Post
High-visibility (HV) clothing, a type of personal protective equipment (PPE), is any clothing worn that has highly reflective properties or a colour that is easily *discernible from any background.

*discernible
dɪˈsəːnɪbl/Submit
adjective
able to be discerned; perceptible.
"the scandal had no discernible effect on his career"
synonyms: visible, detectable, noticeable, perceptible, observable, perceivable, distinguishable, recognizable, identifiable; More
And is the last thing to be included in any RAMS.
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 24-01-2014

Quote:
nope not being sarcastic, you seem to be upset your not covered, if the cover is not enough for you, then take our your own personal cover... simples
Old 24-01-2014

Send a message via MSN to russmini
Cool

This Insurance thing went up in arms about 12 months ago, because people presumed.... It's on my FB timeline somewhere, as i took the pee....

Pretty sure it started form a thread here on oOple...

People can race, but they still seem to find it hard to Read that BRCA Membership Handbook they receive..... One day, one day....
Old 24-01-2014

So, being that we have explored all avenues and 'rules is rules', has the BRCA got any suggestions for PL Insurance, as I am sure most vanilla products won't cover you for what we would need.....

Currently investigating the BMFA....
Old 25-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
So, being that we have explored all avenues and 'rules is rules', has the BRCA got any suggestions for PL Insurance, as I am sure most vanilla products won't cover you for what we would need.....

Currently investigating the BMFA....
And why would the BRCA recomend some one? I don't ask them to recommend my car or house insurance!
Old 25-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4n View Post
yeah lol sorry I cant marshall your car for legal reasons hahaha
Old 25-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
And why would the BRCA recomend some one? I don't ask them to recommend my car or house insurance!
FFS Mark, because your 'off the shelf' Public Liability probably won't cover for the same reason as the BRCA one won't, but there would be no harm in them asking their current insurer if they would offer extra to current members on a 1 to 1 basis. They are, after all, our governing body and making sure racing is fun and safe for us. I am not asking that they pay for it, just if they say 'Well, we got a member base of xxxxx and quite a few would like a policy, what can you do?' is going to get a lot more than an individual.

No, is that simples for you?
Old 25-01-2014

Quote:
FFS Mark, because your 'off the shelf' Public Liability probably won't cover for the same reason as the BRCA one won't, but there would be no harm in them asking their current insurer if they would offer extra to current members on a 1 to 1 basis. They are, after all, our governing body and making sure racing is fun and safe for us. I am not asking that they pay for it, just if they say 'Well, we got a member base of xxxxx and quite a few would like a policy, what can you do?' is going to get a lot more than an individual.

No, is that simples for you?
No why would you want more public liability? BRCA covers you against some one making a claim against you. Its personal accident cover you need and that's easy to get
Just tap this in Google. "personal accident cover"

Its been made clear several times that the BRCA costed this, it was 1/ voted against as it ok the cost of membership up for every one and no one wanted it.
.2/ it was not offered as a 1 on 1 service and the advice was to seek your own.
Old 25-01-2014

Obviously need to borrow my glasses, I am not SAYING it should be in the membership but SOMETHING that could be organised so that you can buy it yourself, same as the BMFA have organised a policy that you can buy to cover your gear.
Old 25-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I can't be arsed to retype this.

They are a great idea and hope they stay, same with the age limit to marshall

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 25-01-2014

Quote:
Obviously need to borrow my glasses, I am not SAYING it should be in the membership but SOMETHING that could be organised so that you can buy it yourself, same as the BMFA have organised a policy that you can buy to cover your gear.
Try your own glasses and read number 2 then....