Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 26-03-2014

Default B-max 2 rear Hex's

HI can anybody help me please I want to run Hex's on the rear but Yokomo don't do a modification as yet does Associated ones fit??? if not what does?
Thanks
Old 26-03-2014
Mad Member

I have been using Pro-Line B4 rear hexes plus BM-011S Yokomo wheel spacers since day one. Works perfectly!
Old 26-03-2014
Mad Member

The rear hexes from the B-max4 III fit. Remove the thick spacer and replace it with the narrow type from the B4.
Either that or the EA ones.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 26-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by discothesnake View Post
The rear hexes from the B-max4 III fit. Remove the thick spacer and replace it with the narrow type from the B4.
Either that or the EA ones.
Hows the rear width?
Are you using bmax4 iii rear wheels or the AE/Proline/etc ones. the offset is different with the bmax4iii wheels.

I need to establish if the bmax4iii and bmax2mr with AE hex wheels will fit in the brca box before I convert over. I'd rather use standard offset wheels if possible.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 26-03-2014
Mad Member

IIRC the width with my above solution and AE-compatible wheels was exactly as stock.
Old 26-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
IIRC the width with my above solution and AE-compatible wheels was exactly as stock.
Does that mean it will be narrower with bmax4iii wheels?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 27-03-2014
Mad Member

If these wheels have less off-set, probably yes.
Some time ago there was a post on Yokomo's blog by Mishima-san showing how to use the front B-Max4III hexes on top of the standard spacers together with the 4III wheels. I'd assume the result might be the same as in the BM-011S solution with standard hex wheels.
Old 27-03-2014

I've been using the standard spacer and b-max4 III front hexes for a while now. Same width with 12mm vs pin-wheels. Using Asso and Yokomo wheels.
Old 27-03-2014

Ok, did some measurements. Bmax2 MR, stock wheel arms, 3 degrees toe on suspension mounts and another 0.5 degrees on hub carriers. Measured on wheels without tires at it's widest point.

Stock white pin wheels. Width = 23.95mm

Stock spacer and 4.3 12mm front hex:
Bmax4-iii yellow 12mm wheels, asso 12mm hex wheels (9696) and pro-line (2736-02) velocity all measure 24.25mm total width.
Old 27-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneT View Post
Ok, did some measurements. Bmax2 MR, stock wheel arms, 3 degrees toe on suspension mounts and another 0.5 degrees on hub carriers. Measured on wheels without tires at it's widest point.

Stock white pin wheels. Width = 23.95mm

Stock spacer and 4.3 12mm front hex:
Bmax4-iii yellow 12mm wheels, asso 12mm hex wheels (9696) and pro-line (2736-02) velocity all measure 24.25mm total width.
Thanks for that. so you keep the kit B2-011S blue spacer, then use a BMAX4iii B4-011F 4.3 hex.

What about the difference in offset between the regular BMAX4iii 12mm hex rear wheels and the AE/Proline 12mm hex rear wheels? Surely its a bit wider again with AE/Prolines?
Old 28-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Thanks for that. so you keep the kit B2-011S blue spacer, then use a BMAX4iii B4-011F 4.3 hex.
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
What about the difference in offset between the regular BMAX4iii 12mm hex rear wheels and the AE/Proline 12mm hex rear wheels? Surely its a bit wider again with AE/Prolines?
If I try to measure offsets it's within 0.2 mm among those. It's all about 26.7 mm. (give or take 1 tenth). That's from inside of the rim to where the hex touches the wheel. They all seem to be the same.

It's actually kinda hard to properly measure the offset correctly, I press a hexdriver down across the wheel and use a caliper. Then substract the with of the hexdriver.
Old 28-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneT View Post
If I try to measure offsets it's within 0.2 mm among those. It's all about 26.7 mm. (give or take 1 tenth). That's from inside of the rim to where the hex touches the wheel. They all seem to be the same.

It's actually kinda hard to properly measure the offset correctly, I press a hexdriver down across the wheel and use a caliper. Then substract the with of the hexdriver.
I see. I thought the offset was much larger. I will borrow a set and measure myself. I would like to run hexes on the rear so i can easily share wheels/tyres with my bmax4iii, but swap back to pins when i need to use decent tyres on pin wheels like holeshots for RHR dirt, etc.